Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Blom

Forum Expert
Sep 12, 2018
MinerWare Town
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
First of all, hi! This is not meant for 'All Networks', but Discord prefix has been removed by the website developer, which is why I couldn't select another one.

If you aren't aware of the recent change: Java died. jk, I obviously mean a way more drastic change: #staff-help is now a ticket system rather than a normal chat. In this little thread I'm going to convince you about the fact this is a horrible change (once again).

As a discord server staff member myself, I know how annoying tickets can be from time to time. You have to answer the same questions over and over, even though someone asked the same 5 seconds ago in a different ticket. I think you can all imagine how annoying this can be. I wish the staff team the best of luck to deal with this change, made my higher power.

Have you seen the little button as well? It looks quite scary to press... You don't know what's going to happen afterwards, maybe you forget what you wanted to ask, panic attacks, you're starting to feel hot all over your body, doubt sets in and BAM, you decide not to press the button and create a ticket. The step to ask a question just became a lot bigger. People will now ask the same questions in global chats rather than in staff-help, where people can give false information much easier.

Then, for those with their own discord community and a ticket system, y'all know the 'misclick', people who 'accidentally' open a ticket without a question, just because they are daredevils and cant resist to press that shiny button. This gives staff a lot more work than normal, definitely knowing how many questions were asked on daily basis.

Dear people, may I ask you: what do you think is important? One chat more organised and appealing on frontend, with zero possibilities on misinformation in that system while another system leaves more opportunity for this OR an efficient system with more people being able to ask their questions and share their concerns, do research for their own questions rather than to ask things theirselves, having a small step for players to talk to staff members and a relatively easier way for staff to interact with and help their own community?
In conclusion, CubeCraft made, once again, a change no one was asking for, and I think it is absolutely trash. There are definitely upsides on a ticket system, but the downsides are too big to not take it into account. By removing the old #staff-help, a lot of helpful information available to the entire community is lost and the easiest way of asking questions is too. I don't need someone to tell me 'Oh, but you are wrong because it is a great change!!!', because I don't care about your opinion, Rebecca... I just want to vent, that's all. After all, Staff doesn't even have to bother reading this 🤷‍♂️

Have a great day y'all, even Rebecca.
(Yes, part of this was made for your entertainment, I hope you cracked a smile, because I'm really funny and otherwise this would be a shame)

AlexTheNG

May 28, 2020
OwO's Secret Laboratory
youtu.be
First of all, hi! This is not meant for 'All Networks', but Discord prefix has been removed by the website developer, which is why I couldn't select another one.

If you aren't aware of the recent change: Java died. jk, I obviously mean a way more drastic change: #staff-help is now a ticket system rather than a normal chat. In this little thread I'm going to convince you about the fact this is a horrible change (once again).

As a discord server staff member myself, I know how annoying tickets can be from time to time. You have to answer the same questions over and over, even though someone asked the same 5 seconds ago in a different ticket. I think you can all imagine how annoying this can be. I wish the staff team the best of luck to deal with this change, made my higher power.

Have you seen the little button as well? It looks quite scary to press... You don't know what's going to happen afterwards, maybe you forget what you wanted to ask, panic attacks, you're starting to feel hot all over your body, doubt sets in and BAM, you decide not to press the button and create a ticket. The step to ask a question just became a lot bigger. People will now ask the same questions in global chats rather than in staff-help, where people can give false information much easier.

Then, for those with their own discord community and a ticket system, y'all know the 'misclick', people who 'accidentally' open a ticket without a question, just because they are daredevils and cant resist to press that shiny button. This gives staff a lot more work than normal, definitely knowing how many questions were asked on daily basis.

Dear people, may I ask you: what do you think is important? One chat more organised and appealing on frontend, with zero possibilities on misinformation in that system while another system leaves more opportunity for this OR an efficient system with more people being able to ask their questions and share their concerns, do research for their own questions rather than to ask things theirselves, having a small step for players to talk to staff members and a relatively easier way for staff to interact with and help their own community?
In conclusion, CubeCraft made, once again, a change no one was asking for, and I think it is absolutely trash. There are definitely upsides on a ticket system, but the downsides are too big to not take it into account. By removing the old #staff-help, a lot of helpful information available to the entire community is lost and the easiest way of asking questions is too. I don't need someone to tell me 'Oh, but you are wrong because it is a great change!!!', because I don't care about your opinion, Rebecca... I just want to vent, that's all. After all, Staff doesn't even have to bother reading this 🤷‍♂️

Have a great day y'all, even Rebecca.
(Yes, part of this was made for your entertainment, I hope you cracked a smile, because I'm really funny and otherwise this would be a shame)
I'm honestly quite unsure. I mean from my experience, ticket based help channels are never great and often times they're quite annoying.

Depending on the context, this can either be a good thing to make work easier for the staff team but it can be a terrible thing for the players as it means they had to go through all of those pain just to resolve an issue.

D

Deleted member 347571

Nice observation pal, i do think a ticket system could work if there's a bot answerring frequently asked questions. Cube could keep adding more abd more answers if you know what i mean.

D

Deleted member 347571

1663175041220.png

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Haha
Reactions: josepadgui

remio

Forum Professional
Sep 18, 2016
The Netherlands
www.youtube.com
Tbf I don't really agree with what you're saying here
I think the entirety of staff-help will be easier to deal with for staff considering this ticket system will lead to a way more organised manner of answering questions.
Due to the ticket system, no questions will be skipped and all questions will be answered by actual staff instead of by 'helpful' community members. Accordingly, staff-help misuse will become close to non-existent. On top of that, staff activity will be a lot easier to measure.

I don't really consider your arguments valid considering they are kind of based on imaginary situations that could possibly occur in a small minority of the questions asked, leading me to believe that the points I mentioned far outweigh your points.
Talking about a trash post btw

D

Deleted member 347571

Tbf I don't really agree with what you're saying here
I think the entirety of staff-help will be easier to deal with for staff considering this ticket system will lead to a way more organised manner of answering questions.
Due to the ticket system, no questions will be skipped and all questions will be answered by actual staff instead of by 'helpful' community members. Accordingly, staff-help misuse will become close to non-existent. On top of that, staff activity will be a lot easier to measure.

I don't really consider your arguments valid considering they are kind of based on imaginary situations that could possibly occur in a small minority of the questions asked, leading me to believe that the points I mentioned far outweigh your points.
Talking about a trash post btw
are you a certified discord moderator?

ReZort

Feb 15, 2022
#🤝︱community・corner
Pronouns
He/Him
CC can make FAQ if this would happen. I also want to say that the ticket system is better than the old one at least in that ordinary users will not help and misinform people in need of help, now in staff help people are guaranteed to receive an answer from staff, and the offtop in the channel will stop. I also witnessed cases where people were bullied because of complaints in the discord, the ticket system made filing a complaint in the discord anonymous and this does not happen now. So, overall ticket system > old system

Members Online

Latest profile posts

This might be one of the weirdest excuses I have seen after killing someone.

2024-03-28_23.34.25.png
This is YOUR daily dose of facts #20-
More tornadoes occur in the United Kingdom per square mile than in any other country in the world.
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Capitan's profile.
Congratulations on hitting over 4 000 in Reaction Score! 💙
some people need to talk to their internet provider to buy them a gym membership because theyre too FAT to take knockback
Top Bottom