Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
This discussion focuses on Free for All, try to stay on topic!

samag1910

Feb 22, 2024
There is a seriously stupid stereotype that Snipers are "weak". Today however, I am going to prove that Sniper are not only strong, but possibly even stronger than Warriors.

First of all, Snipers can be surprisingly effective in close range. Obviously not the best in close range, but its combination between Knockback 1 & Protection 2 Iron Armor means it can still stand its ground.

In addition, well timed arrows can easily keep even Wizards at range in 1v1s. This of course needs a lot of practice & can struggle against teamers, but once you've got the hang of it, you can get kill streaks of 4-9.

It can also excel at rockier terrain, as it can slow down an enemies approach. Even when they do get close however, a well timed sword can start it all over again.

Finally, it has some cool extra perks like taking less fall damage than Warriors, or a Crossbow that can quickly finish off an opponent.

With all these advantages, why isn't the Sniper used more? Well the answer is quite simple; it's the stereotype of being weak. I see people specifically only target me when I play as a Sniper. I see people try to chase me all over the map. I see people often gang up on me.

My point is that this is extremely unfair & is the main reason why they are so underrated; because people don't let us play the game. So what can we do about it? The answer might be easy. What we should do is that whenever you can someone gang up against a Sniper, try to protect him. It may not always work, but it's the best we can do.

Overall, the Sniper may not be perfect, like how it struggles against teamers, but a skilled player easily made good use of its tools.

Reactions: Desiderata

Desiderata

Forum Expert
Oct 31, 2023
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/She/They
to be honest, the kit is great and skilled players can make use of it, its just that the kit has a lot of drawbacks

it's only good for single target fights or simply picking up one player at a time, unlike wizard with hilarious utilities that makes it good for both single target and crowd control

it would also be quite hard to set up, you need to camp for a bit and predict players, all while keeping a safe distance and hoping that nobody sneaks up from behind

sniper isn't really a practical kit which is why players choose other kits for better survivability and their abilities to hold up against other players, although this still doesn't cover up the fact that the sniper kit is really dangerous when used properly

Reactions: samag1910

samag1910

Feb 22, 2024
to be honest, the kit is great and skilled players can make use of it, its just that the kit has a lot of drawbacks

it's only good for single target fights or simply picking up one player at a time, unlike wizard with hilarious utilities that makes it good for both single target and crowd control

it would also be quite hard to set up, you need to camp for a bit and predict players, all while keeping a safe distance and hoping that nobody sneaks up from behind

sniper isn't really a practical kit which is why players choose other kits for better survivability and their abilities to hold up against other players, although this still doesn't cover up the fact that the sniper kit is really dangerous when used properly
As a Sniper main, I agree with this analysis.

asqsk

Novice Member
Apr 16, 2023
Pronouns
He/Him
There is a seriously stupid stereotype that Snipers are "weak". Today however, I am going to prove that Sniper are not only strong, but possibly even stronger than Warriors.

First of all, Snipers can be surprisingly effective in close range. Obviously not the best in close range, but its combination between Knockback 1 & Protection 2 Iron Armor means it can still stand its ground.

In addition, well timed arrows can easily keep even Wizards at range in 1v1s. This of course needs a lot of practice & can struggle against teamers, but once you've got the hang of it, you can get kill streaks of 4-9.

It can also excel at rockier terrain, as it can slow down an enemies approach. Even when they do get close however, a well timed sword can start it all over again.

Finally, it has some cool extra perks like taking less fall damage than Warriors, or a Crossbow that can quickly finish off an opponent.

With all these advantages, why isn't the Sniper used more? Well the answer is quite simple; it's the stereotype of being weak. I see people specifically only target me when I play as a Sniper. I see people try to chase me all over the map. I see people often gang up on me.

My point is that this is extremely unfair & is the main reason why they are so underrated; because people don't let us play the game. So what can we do about it? The answer might be easy. What we should do is that whenever you can someone gang up against a Sniper, try to protect him. It may not always work, but it's the best we can do.

Overall, the Sniper may not be perfect, like how it struggles against teamers, but a skilled player easily made good use of its tools.
the sniper kit came more powerful after 1.20 update!

maggienoodles

Mar 10, 2024
After adding the crossbow, its actually kinda viable now but still not. armour is still pretty weak relative to competition. but still difficult for new players to use it. at least its better than posiden

betty's oldies

Forum Expert

I'm another sniper main with about 240+ hours of sniper kit in bedrock, and I have even more hours in Java prior to my retirement in Summer 2017 from (CubeCraft) Java. You summed it up the main points pretty well.

Sniper is one of the best kits for taking on teams, but it needs support from terrain or hazards (fall damage, lava) for it to shine. It's considerably one of the most -- if not the most -- difficult main kit in the game in terms of skill floor and skill ceiling, both of which are higher than the other kits. It punishes its user more harshly if they miss shots and don't pay attention to their surroundings.

• Heart
Reactions: Desiderata

BicolourSine41

Novice Member
Jan 21, 2024
Tour de France finish place (Paris)
Pronouns
He/Him
Well, i agree that Snipers do not need to be weak, cause you can still just defend yourself and the sword has knockback so you can get away easily. For me sniper is weak, cause i can not aim and then i would prefer a kit as Warrior. (My favorite kit is samurai)

asqsk

Novice Member
Apr 16, 2023
Pronouns
He/Him
Well, i agree that Snipers do not need to be weak, cause you can still just defend yourself and the sword has knockback so you can get away easily. For me sniper is weak, cause i can not aim and then i would prefer a kit as Warrior. (My favorite kit is samurai)
When you are good at sniper kit , Thats will be insane , Wanna try play sniper against me? :D

Members Online

Latest profile posts

Mr Jii Gamer wrote on camulos's profile.
Happy birthday
people on roblox are so crazy they target me for having a “furry-like” outfit so often that i have to switch to a cowboy outfit just so i can have a normal experience 🤣🤣🙏
This is YOUR daily dose of facts #47-
There are approximately 6,500 languages in the world (not counting the ancient languages, only the languages that are used recently)!
Mintypie231 wrote on Xi1m's profile.
Thanks for the follow!!
good morning all! I hope everyone has a great day! 🤍
Top Bottom