Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Steven20918

Apr 22, 2022
Pronouns
He/Him
Every time I joined the server, my ping is around 185 - 220 ms. Even tough my actual ping is 5 ms using speed test. Why does this happend? Is it because I'm on the ASIA region and I already try switching regions and doing other connection settings but it still doesn't work.

Speedtest:
Screenshot 2022-10-05 200444.png

MC:
Screenshot 2022-10-05 200506.png

• Unsure
Reactions: Reesle

zhappy1

Jun 2, 2022
U.S
Pronouns
He/Him
I assume it's because you are on the Asia region, I'm not exactly sure how the cube craft servers work when it comes to different regions but considering you are getting 185-220 ms, I think the servers are set to a general region server depending on where a majority of the players play. If anyone else knows what is going on here then please respond and correct me, but this is what I think. I would suggest that you go on the cube craft discord and maybe talk to staff about this.

SlinkyGnu05604

Forum Expert
Jan 4, 2019
www.youtube.com
Speedtests only show your ping to the closest data center to where you are.
Your ping on CubeCraft is based on how close you are to the nearest region and I think also internet speed.
Since you mentioned that your ping is 185-220 ms, and you mentioned that you are living in Asia. You might not live near Singapore (the Asian server host).
For the other regions, the server hosts are located:
Europe - UK/France (can't remember)
North America - Canada

Steven20918

Apr 22, 2022
Pronouns
He/Him
Speedtests only show your ping to the closest data center to where you are.
Your ping on CubeCraft is based on how close you are to the nearest region and I think also internet speed.
Since you mentioned that your ping is 185-220 ms, and you mentioned that you are living in Asia. You might not live near Singapore (the Asian server host).
For the other regions, the server hosts are located:
Europe - UK/France (can't remember)
North America - Canada
My Country is near singapore, The wi-fi network provider already check my router and there was no problem with the router.

SixPqcks

Oct 25, 2022
Hi, as other people said it could be because of your region. It could also have something to do with your wifi. Or it is because of your texture pack

RaisinForABrain

Oct 24, 2020
Every time I joined the server, my ping is around 185 - 220 ms. Even tough my actual ping is 5 ms using speed test. Why does this happend? Is it because I'm on the ASIA region and I already try switching regions and doing other connection settings but it still doesn't work.

Speedtest: View attachment 215567

MC:
View attachment 215568
When you take a speed test, it gives you your ping to your router. That 5ms is from your device to your router, not you to another server. An unstable or slow connection can give you worse ping so that could be a factor. Also not everyone gets good ping unfortunately. Due to EU being the most popular region when I'm online (Because I'm Australian), I'm usually just stuck with 300ms. To sum it all up, it's not CC's fault and you will just have to deal with it unfortunately but gl with anything you try to fix you ping struggles

Members Online

Members online

Latest profile posts

The Forums was super glitched out earlier xD
img_5358-png.230114

IMG_5359.png

img_5360-png.230116

A simple refresh and then everything was back to normal :)
Eli wrote on itsmochhi's profile.
Thank you for everything!!!
Tripleee wrote on Mintypie231's profile.
Happy Birthday!
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on itsmochhi's profile.
Thank you for everything!
Reesle wrote on Mimoune xb's profile.
Hey, it’s been a while! How are you doing? :)
Top Bottom