Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

williamSG

May 4, 2018
Hello,
So I have recently discovered this game mode in CubeCraft named BlockWars, I didn't know about it and I happened to find it by coincidence.
The games there seems to be very good, and yet there were only 4 players in the lobby when I first entered yesterday evening.

Can someone explain me what's the matter with the game? I wouldn't desire the same ending to this mode as with the UHC, which also happened to be a good game.

Thank you.

~williamSG

Reactions: Tacosbefriends
C

Cuteee

Hello,
So I have recently discovered this game mode in CubeCraft named BlockWars, I didn't know about it and I happened to find it by coincidence.
The games there seems to be very good, and yet there were only 4 players in the lobby when I first entered yesterday evening.

Can someone explain me what's the matter with the game? I wouldn't desire the same ending to this mode as with the UHC, which also happened to be a good game.

Thank you.

~williamSG
Wanna know why? Because Cubecraft is too centered with their precious battlezone instead of updating other games. This is why it's dying, and they don't care a bit, honestly.

Anyways it is not dead at all, games fill preety fast if you're in a party of 3/4 players.

alltop10

Aug 23, 2016
The game is kind of a mix between a Eggwars/Kitpvp so most people just stick to eggwars. Also if this is about the time you went to the lobby, there are the least amount of players on Cubecraft at this hour, as Europe is just about to wake up, NA is asleep, so you really only got the Aussies and Asia.

C

Cuteee

The game is kind of a mix between a Eggwars/Kitpvp so most people just stick to eggwars. Also if this is about the time you went to the lobby, there are the least amount of players on Cubecraft at this hour, as Europe is just about to wake up, NA is asleep, so you really only got the Aussies and Asia.
LOL it's not even close to Eggwars, it's a capture the flag gamemode, I'd recommand you to play it a bit more. Also ye, Core is basically Eggwars but in my opinion larger.

Reactions: God.

Commissioned

Forum Expert
Apr 9, 2016
argleton
Wanna know why? Because Cubecraft is too centered with their precious battlezone instead of updating other games. This is why it's dying, and they don't care a bit, honestly.
well to be fair battlezone is marketable, blockwars not so much
Hello,

Thank you.

~williamSG
i think people just prefer grinding other games on the network which they prefer, they don't neccesarily not like it.

Reactions: remio
C

Cuteee

well to be fair battlezone is marketable, blockwars not so much
./QUOTE]
Blockwars WAS marketable, then they stopped updating it, and the updates they made are crap. Yea Battlezone is a copy of fortnite, the wolrd popularest game, that's why it's marketable, but they atleast couldmake some decent updates once a year, not necessarily every week like battlezone.

FaZe_DG

Jan 4, 2016
It saddens me that this is happening to BlockWars. I came from the Chunk, and the merge was the worst thing to happen to it. After the Chunk merged, I figured it was going to decline in popularity.

Tacosbefriends

Forum Professional
Jan 13, 2014
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
Games that require an ounce of strategy or teamwork always die. Look at UHC -- it's a game where every move you make matters, every little bit of your health precious. No one played it though, because it's a game that heavily discourages rushing into a fight and rewards players that use alternative combat styles like bows and fire. Our players hate bows. They just want to click each other until they die.

Blockwars is fun. It rewards action over inaction (a big problem that faces island games) it's fast-paced, exciting, and *usually* doesn't drag on for too long. Sadly though, if you're not with a group of friends on Discord and you're facing a team that's all talking to each other, you're at a huge disadvantage. This is why I almost never play games like Blockwars, Archer Assault, Team Anything, etc. without a team. It's just not fun to carry a bunch of rando's.

Also, in general, it seems that Minecraft PvP is getting incredibly stale. It's been the same for years, and the 1.9 update barely changed it if you think about it. You still click things until they die; now you just have to do it a little more slowly. I like non-traditional PvP, like Archer Assault, Battle Zone, and certain parts of Lucky Islands. Giving the player more agency and freedom in a game makes it a lot more fun, and frankly, sticking a sword in someone's hand and telling them to go repeatedly click their enemies until they die is not agency; it's a chore. Agency and freedom is what makes Slime Survival good; you're fast, you can teleport and leap and do all sorts of crazy stuff, and even as the slime, you can make it bigger, smaller, shoot faster, throw a grenade, etc. It's not just a matter of clicking people.

In short, Blockwars is dying because team-based games are no fun if your team is bad, and Minecraft PvP needs new, better mechanics.

C

Cuteee

In short, Blockwars is dying because team-based games are no fun if your team is bad, and Minecraft PvP needs new, better mechanics.
Hey man, that could be fixed if you added a 'Blockwars Tutorial' as I suggested 400 times.

C

Cuteee

Tower Defense has a tutorial, yet we still have players that have no clue how to play.
It might have some, but in blockwars community almost 80% can't play. Also don't compare a extremately hard to play game like Tower Defense with blockwars. Also the Tower Defense tutorial is boring as hell. would be great if instead of adding a tutorial like the towere defense's they just linked a video explaining everything, and doing good.

matcha

Forum Veteran
Nov 15, 2016
Droptown
It might have some, but in blockwars community almost 80% can't play. Also don't compare a extremately hard to play game like Tower Defense with blockwars. Also the Tower Defense tutorial is boring as hell. would be great if instead of adding a tutorial like the towere defense's they just linked a video explaining everything, and doing good.

I guess a tutorial can help out a bit, but considering that the objective of the game is rather very simple I don't really know how a tutorial will raise the standard of team play. You can have team mates who know how to play, but communication and connecting would be really hard. Especially if they're strangers, or not in a call with you.

Reactions: williamSG

Eli

Forum Veteran
Dec 25, 2017
Bogota, Colombia
Hello,

Thank you.

~williamSG
Two reasons:
1. Block Wars makes the player think, and they don’t like that.
2. With the last update block wars became a mainly PvP based game because of the horrible team balancer. The new strategy is to camp and farm kills in your base until overtime and then go with ninja kit and take the flag.
It doesn’t require the same skills as it did before, block wars is becoming a try hard PvP community. And that’s just sad to think about.
Still, some people like that they only have to kill each other now and suggest things like kill leader boards etc.
Block Wars is a wonderful game, but the team balancing system must be fixed soon. Or the game will die.

Reactions: God. and Forgotten
C

Cuteee

I guess a tutorial can help out a bit, but considering that the objective of the game is rather very simple I don't really know how a tutorial will raise the standard of team play. You can have team mates who know how to play, but communication and connecting would be really hard. Especially if they're strangers, or not in a call with you.
'Very Simple', kids getting the flag and making people lose their time because they don't know how to capture is obviously not because they don't know how to play, and they need a tutorial. Anyways, if you want to play blockwars competitively you need a party, if you go in a game without a party be concerned you have a lot of chances to lose, and maybe it's not always your teammates fault it might be your fault aswell.

Reactions: God. and williamSG

Andyyy

Forum Expert
Dec 7, 2016
Blockwars
With the last update block wars became a mainly PvP based game because of the horrible team balancer. The new strategy is to camp and farm kills in your base until overtime and then go with ninja kit and take the flag.
I hate how true that is oof

It was also nice when you didnt have to fight over who gets the very limited 3 captures, people don't like having to sit in the enemies flag all game trying to steal the flags off each other so they pvp instead

Reactions: God. and Eli

matcha

Forum Veteran
Nov 15, 2016
Droptown
'Very Simple', kids getting the flag and making people lose their time because they don't know how to capture is obviously not because they don't know how to play, and they need a tutorial. Anyways, if you want to play blockwars competitively you need a party, if you go in a game without a party be concerned you have a lot of chances to lose, and maybe it's not always your teammates fault it might be your fault aswell.

From what I'm getting from your argument,:

They understand how to play, they just don't play as well as you would like them to. Tutorial doesn't really help them there, experience is what they need.

As for the whole party thing, I was just kind of adding on to what Tacos said about team based games being no fun ... etc. So if a newer player was to try out Blockwar, I can understand why they wouldn't play it again if they constantly fight the same partied team (is this even a term?).

C

Cuteee

From what I'm getting from your argument,:
The 'it's obviously not because they don't know how to playa' was meant to be sarcasm.
As for the whole party thing, I was just kind of adding on to what Tacos said about team based games being no fun ... etc. So if a newer player was to try out Blockwar, I can understand why they wouldn't play it again if they constantly fight the same partied team (is this even a term?).
This is true. I ain't gonna say you're wrong.

Eli

Forum Veteran
Dec 25, 2017
Bogota, Colombia
Games that require an ounce of strategy or teamwork always die. Look at UHC -- it's a game where every move you make matters, every little bit of your health precious. No one played it though, because it's a game that heavily discourages rushing into a fight and rewards players that use alternative combat styles like bows and fire. Our players hate bows. They just want to click each other until they die.

Blockwars is fun. It rewards action over inaction (a big problem that faces island games) it's fast-paced, exciting, and *usually* doesn't drag on for too long. Sadly though, if you're not with a group of friends on Discord and you're facing a team that's all talking to each other, you're at a huge disadvantage. This is why I almost never play games like Blockwars, Archer Assault, Team Anything, etc. without a team. It's just not fun to carry a bunch of rando's.

Also, in general, it seems that Minecraft PvP is getting incredibly stale. It's been the same for years, and the 1.9 update barely changed it if you think about it. You still click things until they die; now you just have to do it a little more slowly. I like non-traditional PvP, like Archer Assault, Battle Zone, and certain parts of Lucky Islands. Giving the player more agency and freedom in a game makes it a lot more fun, and frankly, sticking a sword in someone's hand and telling them to go repeatedly click their enemies until they die is not agency; it's a chore. Agency and freedom is what makes Slime Survival good; you're fast, you can teleport and leap and do all sorts of crazy stuff, and even as the slime, you can make it bigger, smaller, shoot faster, throw a grenade, etc. It's not just a matter of clicking people.

UHC died weeks after its release, unlike block wars that had survived a long time in the server, I think a year already. And just suddenly started dying this year, but why is that?
It’s not because playing against a party that’s communicating between each other is difficult, it’s not because the players are demanded to actually think of a game plan, no.
It’s because the game was left alone to die, oh and in an attempt to save the game they just released an incredibly small, unoriginal and not interesting at all update.
After that update, block wars began to lose players even faster because of the team balancer system that made the players camp forever turning block wars into a FFA kill-farming game. Block wars is ruined now.
What does block wars need? It needs an actually original update with interesting game mechanics that makes the players get engaged in the game. While they do that update they MUST take into account the main purpose of the game, a strategic team game.
If they want to preserve the escence of the game, they must change the team balancer and make the environment of the game much more challenging, making the player develop new strategies.
We don’t want improvised explanations about “Why block wars died” we want updates, we want progress.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Evaluatiefout wrote on Puov's profile.
hoi
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Cursedpug89's profile.
Long time no see lad!
Frontlane wrote on Puov's profile.
hoi
Finally some free time in the upcoming days. Time to play sw and skyblock hehehehhe
Top Bottom