Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Cube Nerd

Jun 18, 2021
I'm not doing the new knockback. I spent way to long pvping with the old KB and I got used to it, which really screws things up. I just won't learn a new combat system, I can't do it. I also can't stand the damage, why is it so high? If a worse player surprizes me I want the chance to combo him and make a comback, It's makes it against sweats. I'm not going to talk about the lag because they have said it is an issue and they will fix it.

I also hate minerwar now, I like some things, the new win and loose boxes are really cool. But the feel of the game as changed to a kid friendly version, and it is way easier. the game where you stack blocks to get to the trophie in the middle? ruined, this and the prevous minerware update being bad means I will difinately stop playing minerware. what I liked about minerware was the ability to play with a group of sweats and not be eliminated and have to wait for the next round, and it's a good beak from pvp, and people can join from the same party, which is really important.

I don't want to quit, I mean this server was amazing, and as a lucky islands player I love the new maps and drops. but I will not learn new PVP! I will not get killed in 4 hits! end of story. This is the final straw, I think a lot of players are feeling the same way, there is no reason not to change the 2 combat issues.

hoppyfrog28_

Novice Member
Jun 5, 2023
da swamp
I'm not doing the new knockback. I spent way to long pvping with the old KB and I got used to it, which really screws things up. I just won't learn a new combat system, I can't do it. I also can't stand the damage, why is it so high? If a worse player surprizes me I want the chance to combo him and make a comback, It's makes it against sweats. I'm not going to talk about the lag because they have said it is an issue and they will fix it.

I also hate minerwar now, I like some things, the new win and loose boxes are really cool. But the feel of the game as changed to a kid friendly version, and it is way easier. the game where you stack blocks to get to the trophie in the middle? ruined, this and the prevous minerware update being bad means I will difinately stop playing minerware. what I liked about minerware was the ability to play with a group of sweats and not be eliminated and have to wait for the next round, and it's a good beak from pvp, and people can join from the same party, which is really important.

I don't want to quit, I mean this server was amazing, and as a lucky islands player I love the new maps and drops. but I will not learn new PVP! I will not get killed in 4 hits! end of story. This is the final straw, I think a lot of players are feeling the same way, there is no reason not to change the 2 combat issues.
They changed the damage I think, so thats good. And they might change the knockback.

Reactions: Cube Nerd

adrian525pl

Novice Member
Feb 23, 2023

I didn't even know the pvp system changed, I just assumed it was all just a bunch of bugs like most of the things in this update.

But it would explain a large amount of things I was able to notice and observe since the update.

I used to be able to survive quite a bit in blockwars, now I go from full health to almost dead in one second if I am not careful, and not even from like a player with stronger weapons, literally just a guy with a stone sword. And each time I am attacked by 2 or more people, even if I got stronger armor and weapons, is practically guaranteed death.

Now that is a pretty large difference, because in blockwars what matters a lot is speed. You can't exactly fight back if you want to jump in the pit to get points in bridges for example, maybe one or two hits to make space to run, but you can't fully fight back. It used to be possible to survive a few people chasing after you and hitting you as long as you kept up your speed, now however I seem to die almost instantly a lot of the time, going from full health or almost full health to almost dead in less than a second.

Also, it seems like getting hit by an arrow equals instant death without full diamond armor, in leather I can hardly survive two hits now, and I know for a fact it was possible to take more than that without dying, regardless of the armor you were wearing.

Snowballs and eggs appear to be dealing practically non-existent knockback. Hell, knockback feels randomly generated at this point, sometimes you get hit by 5 players at the same time and not even move just to get knocked through 12 alternative universes and 7 alternate timelines after being hit by one dude with just a fist just a second later. Not like knockback in minecraft pvp in general ever was really consistent, but before the update it at least felt manageable on cubecraft, now I genuinely fear falling off a 5 block wide brigde because I see one dude with a fist chilling near it.

There also is no way to come back from a combo once you are being comboed, and I know for a fact it used to be possible. Being comboed now also feels like you are being hit from 27 kilometers of distance a lot of the time.

Speaking of hit distances, I also noticed a lot of situations where I am able to hit people from more than the "default" 3 blocks of range without even doing anything specific. I heard from someone while in an eggwars game that apparently sprinting is supposed to increase hit range, but I am not sure how true that is, and if it is: if its even intended. But still: I seem to be able to hit people from larger distances than before, but only ocassionally, and I have no idea what causes it to happen, and whether or not it should be happening.

Also, about that "getting killed in 4 hits", that already existed before, they didn't change the damage per hit as far as I can tell: The REAL difference isn't that it takes less hits, its that now those 4 hits went from being a "short fight" to being instant death. The problem is that after the update it seems like we take damage way faster than before, to me it feels less like "he hit me once, now I am dead" and more like "how did he manage to hit me 4 times in the time span of 26 miliseconds?", because I can tell that I am being hit just as often as before, just that the time between hits is significantly shorter.

Though that could just be me perceiving it wrong, the important thing is: you are right, be it because of damage or faster hits, we die way faster than before the update.

lichtim

Novice Member
May 21, 2023
North germany
theay fixed now many bugs so you can write ich chat and if the party leadfer change the lobb< you dont get kicked out of the chat thats really got tho

Reactions: Cube Nerd

dvodany

Spytastic
Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
Apr 9, 2020
Czech Republic
I saw your posts from time to time, and you seem like a nice dude that I and many others would miss on this network. Good luck on your future journey, wherever you'll decide to go.

Remember, on CubeCraft, you'll have always door open!

• Heart
Reactions: Cube Nerd and pekd

pekd

i completely understand your reasons, im also annoyed by the super high damage. im assuming they did that so that worse players also have a chance if they attack you from behind, but i think it resulted in the opposite, if a decent player gets a combo its immediately over, you dont even have time to s tap or spam blocks. incase you do actually quit, i wish you the best of luck with your future, we didnt talk much but you always seemed very nice

Cube Nerd

Jun 18, 2021
i completely understand your reasons, im also annoyed by the super high damage. im assuming they did that so that worse players also have a chance if they attack you from behind, but i think it resulted in the opposite, if a decent player gets a combo its immediately over, you dont even have time to s tap or spam blocks. incase you do actually quit, i wish you the best of luck with your future, we didnt talk much but you always seemed very nice
I'm still playing cubecraft sometimes with my friends, but I now main zeqa, I wish we would have talked more, as your a nice guy too, allthough we skill can

• Heart
Reactions: pekd
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

qKhalidd wrote on camulos's profile.
happy birthday!
Casualpoalrbear wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Congrats in helper. I know you do great

(Also nice change to your PFP)
Frontlane wrote on camulos's profile.
Happy birthday!
Frontlane wrote on ImSatisfied's profile.
Gefeliciteerd!!!
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Pro helper!:D
Top Bottom