Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cerulean

Novice Member
Nov 10, 2017
A genuine question here, I've played plenty of skywars and in my time I've noticed that players with ranks tend to vote for basic loot as opposed to the standard and imo superior normal loot — and frankly, I don't understand why. Assuming everyone here is relatively experienced with skywars, I'd like to go over what I believe are the likely reasons for so many people voting for basic.

For starters, I figured the kit 'Swordsman' may play a big part in this, as it guarantees the player to receive a strong weapon right of the bat. If my memory serves me correctly, kits wouldn't change regardless of the vote outcome. Cube has since made a change that determines the strength of said kits depending on what type of loot won the initial voting process. Ultimately, even with its slight nerf, swordsman is still noticeably better in the basic meta. Whereas, in normal the kit isn't as necessary, simply because you're practically guaranteed to find better weapons inside your chests anyway.
In short, voting basic in conjunction with choosing the swordsman kit makes the mode inherently ~pay to win~ or at least creates a situation that majorly favors those with this kit selected.

Moving on to the second reason, which I believe to be the absence of goldenapples, though, I agree that endlessly chugging goldenapples makes for a very lopsided and stale duel. I find that goldenapples undertake a far more annoying problem being of course... cleaning! Cleaning is a whole separate issue on its own which comes down to morality. Whether you should or shouldn't do it is not relevant here. Fact of the matter is, that goldenapples are the perfect counter. Playing basic removes this counter and effectively makes the game more prone to the cleaning playstyle. Funnily enough, the peeps that complain the most about cleaning are the same people that vote basic in the first place. A bit counterintuitive if you'd ask me.

Lastly, I'd like to go over the argument of: 'games play out faster, it's easier to kill people, players have less health, etc etc.' These arguments all fall flat imo, simply because the difference between the modes in terms of damage output is hardly noticeable. Both armor and weapons decrease in strength therefore essentially canceling each other out.. if that makes sense.

These are my best guesses, if you're an avid basic voter lmk why you vote for basic because I'm seriously curious!
Note: I'm mainly talking about solo skywars but this could go for team skywars too

D

Deleted member 584093

Uhhh people most often vote for overpowered but if people do vote for basic then they often just want a quick game instead of a long one

Daanfkyy

Sep 6, 2017
Mavoland
First of all, you've put this in the wrong subforum, this should be in Skywars, not Skyblock. Second of all, i always vote basic, and use the kit swordsman. So that i have a small advantage over other players, and i just don't like normal. I barely ever vote Overpowered but only when i feel like playing a rather long game. :)

If my memory serves me correctly, kits wouldn't change regardless of the vote outcome.
Yes, it does actually. When voted Basic, the sharpness on the sword of the kit Swordsman reduces to sharpness 1, when Normal, it will be sharpness 2, and if Overpowered, it will be sharpness 4.

These are my best guesses
Well you guessed right! :)

Snowy54

Jul 26, 2019
Shinyland 💫✨
I love basic! If you're fighting an enemy don't have a gapple so it's a fair fight, also you always get a set of armor on your starter island which makes it so much fairer for everyone to play the game.

Cerulean

Novice Member
Nov 10, 2017
First of all, you've put this in the wrong subforum, this should be in Skywars, not Skyblock. Second of all, i always vote basic, and use the kit swordsman. So that i have a small advantage over other players, and i just don't like normal. I barely ever vote Overpowered but only when i feel like playing a rather long game. :)

Yes, it does actually. When voted Basic, the sharpness on the sword of the kit Swordsman reduces to sharpness 1, when Normal, it will be sharpness 2, and if Overpowered, it will be sharpness 4.

Well you guessed right! :)
oh crap my bad, the names are so similar.. must've got them mixed up lol
ill repost it on skywars instead and try to get this one taken down. Thanks for the responses so far tho

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Cultvres's profile.
Happy Birthday!:D
GiGaGekkies wrote on Cultvres's profile.
Happy Birthday
Saw this comment on YT the other day 🤣
IMG_5254.jpeg
Here's the scoreboard I made for BedWars Duos! (Team colors I used may not be used in the actual game)
1713525398483.png
Reesle wrote on Cultvres's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎉
Top Bottom