Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Nevermind3476

Novice Member
Mar 18, 2018
somewhere
So I realized something right after I played a game of eggwars. The real problem is that defending your egg isn't a viable strategy.
If you don't believe me than try to play a game of eggwars where you put a layer of obsidian around your egg BEFORE going to mid or attacking other islands and see if you're actually able to keep your egg. You aren't. It takes about three times the time to protect your egg then it does to successfully destroy one. On some maps it takes less time to get an enchanted bow than it does to put obsidian around your egg.

So first of all, any changes to solve this should only affect normal eggwars. That way people who like it the way it is can go to speed eggwars and have a quick game (which was the entire point of speed eggwars but right now they're barely faster) with the current mechanics and strategies (since speed eggwars isn't actually that different just different maps)

Possible solutions:
-Obsidian costs less (I don't want this but it's the easiest solution)
-Gold generators are slightly faster (this would help both sides so it's much more balanced)
-Iron gens are slightly slower (part of the problem is that you only need iron to rush but gold to defend)
-Have some kind of reward for defending or midrushing - right now people are encouraged to eggrush because it gives them much more points
-Make mid gens slightly faster (this wouldn't directly solve it, but it might make more people head for the mid instead of eggs and it would give midrushers an advantage over campers so people who chose to defend will protect their egg and then head to mid instead of staying there and camping)
-Have another block in between terracotta and obsidian (maybe iron block? according to the wiki that's one of the second hardest non special blocks) that costs a lot of iron so people can quickly put a slightly better defense and then go to mid to get diamonds for equipment and gold for obsidian - right now you have to rely on luck if you go to mid without obsidian

(more added as I think of them it's hard to come up with solutions that are fair and don't encourage camping)

L

Lightning McQueen

Mid camping is a viable problem that should not be encouraged, if you were to increase gens that’d probably do that. Then again, people succeed at midcamping becaude teams in eggwars suck all the time

I agree, maybe give slight buffs to teams that protect their egg, 10 blockd away from the egg they would get slight speed and attack boost. Near the egg this would cancel out.

Reactions: Despacito 2

xRabbitGaming

Novice Member
Dec 9, 2017
Not where I want to be
xrabbitgaming.com
"-Obsidian costs less (I don't want this but it's the easiest solution)"
Obsidian is already 3g per 1 in Overpowered, so useless. (and 1g per 1 in solo)

"-Gold generators are slightly faster (this would help both sides so it's much more balanced)"
Some maps have gold gens on level 2, and in Fairground you have 2 gold gens (1 level 1, 1 disabled) so that's already too much inho.

"-Iron gens are slightly slower (part of the problem is that you only need iron to rush but gold to defend)"
Not gonna happen, most maps have 1 iron gen at island (even for 3 players...)

"-Have some kind of reward for defending or midrushing - right now people are encouraged to eggrush because it gives them much more points"
Just don't camp, it makes games take forever.

"-Make mid gens slightly faster (this wouldn't directly solve it, but it might make more people head for the mid instead of eggs and it would give midrushers an advantage over campers so people who chose to defend will protect their egg and then head to mid instead of staying there and camping)"
No.

"-Have another block in between terracotta and obsidian (maybe iron block? according to the wiki that's one of the second hardest non special blocks)"
No. It's fine as it is.

SpankMeSanta

Dedicated Member
Nov 12, 2016
Not sure which maps you mean, but in most of them, if you midrush for gold, when you go back to your base you should have about 40-50 gold for obsidian for your egg.

Reactions: Lightning McQueen

werra11

Dedicated Member
Jan 8, 2016
Friesland, The Netherlands.
www.werra11.eu
try to play a game of eggwars where you put a layer of obsidian around your egg BEFORE going to mid or attacking other islands and see if you're actually able to keep your egg. You aren't.

I don't really the the problem here, I ALWAYS play like this (and I win most of my joined games with an egg). Most the time you are with 2+ players so one of us just makes obsidian and the other one builds to mid.

Shallidor

Dedicated Member
Feb 2, 2018
I don't think it's that much of a problem, but I don't know, I don't care about my egg at all in eggwars.
Also don't forget that the best egg defense is the player defending it himself ;)

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I got my first 20k kills in FFA!:D
20 000 kills in ffa picture 2.png
Reesle wrote on Maxminedigger's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎈🧁
Livvv wrote on Maxminedigger's profile.
GRATTIS MAXI TAXIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!💕🎉🙌
JokeKaedee wrote on yousif1playz's profile.
Happy birthday c:
JokeKaedee wrote on Maxminedigger's profile.
Happy birthday!! 🍰
Top Bottom