Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Would You like to see Dvz

• Total voters

1carfax

Jul 16, 2017
California
For anyone who doesn't know, Dvz, or Dwarves vs. Zombies is a game mode where Dwarvez battle other players with the monster class and try to protect and build a fortress around an altar. The game is very simple after you learn it and i suggest that you google it or look it up on youtube. I've noticed that the game is starting to die because the servers with it are disapereing. I feel like it would be a good edition to the cubecraft server, and i was wondering if any of you thought it would be a good idea aswell

Power Ranger

Forum Professional
Apr 20, 2016
The ♡
www.cubecraft.net
DvZ is an incredibly unique game and I wouldn't want to see Cubecraft ripping it off instead of making their own original game. Also it would be incredibly difficult to balance as DvZ for 1.9 combat. I don't think it would work well if you couldn't deal tons of damage to tons of mobs quickly like you can in 1.8 with spam clicking.

A

A pigeon

I want to point out that the kingdom map in FFA is actually a battlefield where dwarves are fighting monsters.

Anyway im going to google the minigame

ItsDavey_

Forum Expert
Nov 23, 2014
the Netherlands
Ohh! I remember This game.. I played it in the past, and it was really enjoyable! But as What @Power Ranger said, DvZ is an incredibly unique game and I wouldn't want to see Cubecraft ripping it off instead of making their own original game.

But they can make way more changes to it, because in My opinion the game was amazing!
(I played it on a weird server, and it was enjoyable. But it was removed due unpopularity :( )
But I don't see This on cubecraft, because cubecraft is a sort of "minigame server" with skywars, etc.

But I'm not sure. But from now I say No.
(But I like the idea)

MrGrumpyCheese

Dedicated Member
Jul 15, 2016
Classic Edition
I think it would be quite fun, and have the potential to include a lot of game progression to keep players interested (things like different starting kits and perks). However, I do have the following concerns:
  • The OVH servers the current Cubecraft games are hosted on may not be able to support the high number of players typically desired for DvZ - few games go over 24 players.
  • The game may FPS lag for many players, as so many players and mobs would need to be rendered. Also, unlike most games which have large maps in the sky, which reduces the load on a player's computer, all the maps I've seen for DvZ are large and 'full of blocks' (though this issue is ironic in a block game).
  • Unless a lot of time was put into randomising games so the attacks were different each time, I could see many players becoming bored after the first couple games.
  • If a couple players quit or the game doesn't fill up before it starts, everyone remaining would likely be at a severe disadvantage.
  • It may be hard to balance the game so it is always a challenge for returning players, whilst not discouraging new players from learning how to play it.
The last point could be solved in the same way Tower Defence achieves: have two teams which don't directly fight each other (unless they become a monster), but can strategically spawn new mobs, whilst defending from those the enemy team have sent in. This may be too similar to Tower Defence however, so unless DvZ were to replace it, players interested in PvE games would likely be split and neither games would have a satisfactory player base.

Good suggestion though - anything relating to Dwarf Fortress is great in my eyes!

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Thjis wrote on Kloska's profile.
TimBDay.jpeg

Happy Bday Tim :)
Closing in on 30!
RobinDn wrote on ItzJqlmer's profile.
Happy Birthday!
Desiderata wrote on Hoshi's profile.
20240503_083859.jpg
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Kloska's profile.
Grattis på födelsedagen!:D
Top Bottom