• Poll closed .

Casualpoalrbear

Forum Expert
Sep 11, 2022
Somewhere in the North pole
m.youtube.com
Pronouns
He/Him
Hello as you may or may not know Minecraft recently added a new feature on bedrock calls adds on's. These allows you to download something from the market place and add them to any world. In a sense it's very similar to mods as it allows you to have custom weapons, blocks and mobs. It's on the Minecraft marketplace and it probably the closest someone can get to having mods on the console version of Minecraft. How do you feel about this?

Mr Jii Gamer

Jun 10, 2022
Algérie
youtube.com
Pronouns
He/Him
Hello as you may or may not know Minecraft recently added a new feature on bedrock calls adds on's. These allows you to download something from the market place and add them to any world. In a sense it's very similar to mods as it allows you to have custom weapons, blocks and mobs. It's on the Minecraft marketplace and it probably the closest someone can get to having mods on the console version of Minecraft. How do you feel about this?
This is a cool idea but i thing is have sence bc you can download it from youtube and for console there are the reallms

Reactions: Casualpoalrbear

Laura

Dedicated Member
Verified
Jan 16, 2018
Space
Pronouns
She/Her
It's basically the same as Bethesda's Skyrim/Fallout mod marketplace. Certain mods can go through an approval process to validate them, and if they pass then Bethesda will make them an official mod and make it easy to install.

I think it's great. I've been playing java with +250 mods for years now. 👀
Mods really extend the lifespan of any game.

ElFlxen_

Oct 20, 2020
México
Pronouns
He/Him
I like this addition, now creators can have an income of their addons, I need a Cubie addon in my life! :cubie2:

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Casualpoalrbear

CrystalLegend01

Jul 23, 2023
United States 🇺🇸
Pronouns
She/Her
This is a lot better than having to download a marketplace map to play a world with custom features, especially for survival add-ons for example. Playing a survival world with mods that has a pre-built castle for spawn and hidden command blocks just isn't the same as playing in a brand new survival world with those same modded features.
I think marketplace maps are required to have some kind of structure/build in them, so if you download a marketplace map that has mods in it and is meant to be a survival world, chances are it isn’t going to feel like a realistic, legitimate long-term survival world. A lot of marketplace maps are meant to have structures in them of course, but a structure being the bare minimum requirement in a survival map that is completely centered around mods can kind of negatively affect a player’s experience on the map. It can make the world feel less personalized for the person playing it

It is cool to see official add-ons added to Minecraft Bedrock; great feature in my opinion 👍
I think that add-ons could bring forth some new creative possibilities to the game. Creators will be able to make some unique and interesting mods without there being the possible setback of having to create a map to go with it

Casualpoalrbear

Forum Expert
Sep 11, 2022
Somewhere in the North pole
m.youtube.com
Pronouns
He/Him
This is a lot better than having to download a marketplace map to play a world with custom features, especially for survival add-ons for example. Playing a survival world with mods that has a pre-built castle for spawn and hidden command blocks just isn't the same as playing in a brand new survival world with those same modded features.
I think marketplace maps are required to have some kind of structure/build in them, so if you download a marketplace map that has mods in it and is meant to be a survival world, chances are it isn’t going to feel like a realistic, legitimate long-term survival world. A lot of marketplace maps are meant to have structures in them of course, but a structure being the bare minimum requirement in a survival map that is completely centered around mods can kind of negatively affect a player’s experience on the map. It can make the world feel less personalized for the person playing it

It is cool to see official add-ons added to Minecraft Bedrock; great feature in my opinion 👍
I think that add-ons could bring forth some new creative possibilities to the game. Creators will be able to make some unique and interesting mods without there being the possible setback of having to create a map to go with it
Completely agree with this. I want to play a hardcore world or a world with lucky blocks that isn't the exact same map and that doesn't spawn me in a huge castle. This seems like a good first step for that to happen.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

parent calling you halfway through pvp is the worst debuff you could ever get
Take back what I said earlier, the Infected Wolf spider from grounded is terrifying
This is fr me during bedwars
RDT_20240427_1241257018540164098121553.png
I'm here!
(i'm everywhere)
Top Bottom