Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

1.8 or 1.9 PvP?

• Total voters

Zathelas

Forum Veteran
Jul 14, 2018
A Skywars Island
Hello Everyone!

So, recently I heard a lot of people love 1.8 PvP while they're playing on CubeCraft. But I actually played 1.8 these days and it's actually fun but some games take because not every game is full. The only games I see there are popular on Cube's 1.8 are Solo SkyWars and Team EggWars. I only saw a few lobbies, like 6-10.

What do you like better? The 1.8 PvP or the 1.9 PvP? You may leave a comment why you like the PvP. Personally, I like the 1.9 PvP better because it is a bit more realistic and it was fairer with all those double-clickers on all those other servers.

Maybe every game is popular, but it will take a long time or it will be something else.

BYE!

Reactions: Maaarijn

Quis

Forum Expert
Feb 4, 2020
The Netherlands
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
I’ve voted for both.

I like 1.8 because it is more easy to combo opponents. Even though cubecraft is a 1.9 server the knockback is incredibly high and it’s easy to knock someone of the island because of that.

I also like to use the fishing rod, snowballs and eggs tactic to slow players down and combo them. This isn’t really useful in 1.9.

I also voted 1.9 because I agree with you.
Personally, I like the 1.9 PvP better because it is a bit more realistic and it was fairer with all those double-clickers on all those other servers.
I like how this pvp method is more about timing and movement. It is all about dodging, crits and timing. Sometimes this is kinda hard, but when you get used to it, it is kinda fun.

A disadvantage is the awkward fights. Sometimes I find myself just walking around someone when I try to hit them and that feels stupid xD.

Thanks for reading my story about pvp :3

Reactions: Zathelas

off_matbog23

Jun 17, 2020
België
I played 1.9 all my life but when I turned towards 1.8.9 PVP and gave it a try I noticed how there was a lot more to learn, That's why I now prefer 1.8 PVP because both the skill cap and skill ceiling is higher

TheSweetSuitMan

May 31, 2017
Roosendaal, Noord-Brabant, Netherlands
Annotation 2020-07-29 155649.png

R/softwaregore

TheSweetSuitMan

May 31, 2017
Roosendaal, Noord-Brabant, Netherlands
Anyway, in terms of PvP, I've played MC for more than 7 years, so I've had quite a bit of experience in both. 1.9 PvP is probably the reason why I still play this game in the first place.

In terms of 'fun', I would say both have their pro's and cons. I think 1.8 always tires my fingers, but fights are tenser, although if I play 1.8, I usually do that on Hypixel since it is the only option and on there I only really play casually so the tension never becomes tenser than 1.9 (I think that 1.8 has a higher tension capability so to speak).

In terms of skill, I think 1.8 and 1.9 differ a lot on what they focus on. 1.9 has slower fights, so decision making and tactics are more important (when to eat, when to shoot your bow, how to use a lava bucket and at what point, usage in sword/axe, shields etc.). 1.8 is a lot more focused on muscle memory and agility, so you could say 1.9 is about tactics and 1.8 more about raw skill.

I personally think 1.9 is also way more suitable for PvE. However, in PvP, the faster regen with food can drag fights out unnecessarily, similar to the god apples of 1.8.

One thing I do wish was that more people accepted 1.9 as what it is, 'the future' I can understand people for sticking with what they are used to but I hate how the PvP community is so divided between the two. However, this might be a bit easier said than done as I prefer 1.9 over 1.8, but I genuinely think that resources of servers sticking with 1.8 (looking at you hypixel) could be better spend at embarrassing what now is the 'official' version of PvP

kitt

Nov 14, 2020
canada
Well here´s what I think
Hello Everyone!

So, recently I heard a lot of people love 1.8 PvP while they're playing on CubeCraft. But I actually played 1.8 these days and it's actually fun but some games take because not every game is full. The only games I see there are popular on Cube's 1.8 are Solo SkyWars and Team EggWars. I only saw a few lobbies, like 6-10.

What do you like better? The 1.8 PvP or the 1.9 PvP? You may leave a comment why you like the PvP. Personally, I like the 1.9 PvP better because it is a bit more realistic and it was fairer with all those double-clickers on all those other servers.

Maybe every game is popular, but it will take a long time or it will be something else.

BYE!
1.8 combat gives you the spec of spam clicking holding down and masses clicking as hypixel and CC doesn't use 1.8 and use 1.9 for most of their PVP projects I voted for 1.8 as you don´t have to practice jitter clicking

What is jitter clicking?
Jitter clicking is just clicking your mouse as fast as you can with one finger, usually your index finger. Butterfly clicking is clicking your mouse as fast as you can with two fingers, usually your index finger and your middle finger, and therefore gives you higher clicks per second if done properly.

For most forum users on the PVP section most would say 1.9 but 1.8 can give you a time span of keeping your finger in the right motion and confrontation, I don´t believe that jitter clicking is dangerous to others but can be used as an unfair advantage in other players eyes.

I voted yes.

Members Online

Members online

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Capitan's profile.
Congratulations on hitting over 4 000 in Reaction Score! 💙
some people need to talk to their internet provider to buy them a gym membership because theyre too FAT to take knockback
Today... 216 wins in one day!
1711671596534.png
Top Bottom