Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

TriangleAttack

Dedicated Member
Mar 13, 2016
Lestallum
fireemblem.wikia.com
Hello there!
Recently I have encountered several swearers. I gave them warning and after the first one they either left the game or just swear directly at you. I was wondering if you HAVE to give warning. They are reminders for breaking the rule, but they still broke the rule. I don't think people should be given warning. I have think that staff could make it so you can't mask your swear words by using numbers or symbols to swear. What are you're opinions?

Thanks for reading!

Reactions: SmokingIsbadMkay

MooTa

Dedicated Member
Jul 25, 2016
YouTube
I kind of agree with you, swearing is ruled for every server so they should already know, and you're not supposed to swear even if it is not a rule.

Power Ranger

Forum Professional
Apr 20, 2016
The ♡
www.cubecraft.net
Although it is the rules muting 50%+ of your playerbase isn't good for the numbers...

If you are suggesting a better swear filter that might work but it also might just affect normal conversations in various languages. Also people will always find a way to bypass

Krealίxx

Novice Member
Nov 27, 2016
Earth
I think the warnings should exist and if they just leave the game you could say they stopped, if they still swear at you then you can report them. Many people stop after they get a warning and swearing isn't really a HUGE deal compared to something like death threats.

I kind of agree with you, swearing is ruled for every server so they should already know, and you're not supposed to swear even if it is not a rule.

Sometimes people include 1 swear word in their sentence and it's not even that bad, and some servers allow swearing, just not excessive swearing.

Although it is the rules muting 50%+ of your playerbase isn't good for the numbers...

If you are suggesting a better swear filter that might work but it also might just affect normal conversations in various languages. Also people will always find a way to bypass

I agree and some swear filters let's say hide the "a" word but it's used in compass so it might look like comp*** which is kind of weird so it might be a bit complicated. This will stop most people and everyone can bypass it but it could help a little bit.

Play3rSlay3r

Jan 4, 2017
A pineapple under da sea
Hello there!
Recently I have encountered several swearers. I gave them warning and after the first one they either left the game or just swear directly at you. I was wondering if you HAVE to give warning. They are reminders for breaking the rule, but they still broke the rule. I don't think people should be given warning. I have think that staff could make it so you can't mask your swear words by using numbers or symbols to swear. What are you're opinions?

Thanks for reading!
some people have never read the rules and it is better that you warn them so they know exactly why and how they got banned. Some players can't read the rules(Not sure on that one) and some new people don't comprehend them. My opinion is the keep the warning.

KidBit

Dedicated Member
May 9, 2016
Maple Syrup Land
Swearing is against the rules here however you do need to give them a warning before you can report them if i remember right its like 2 warnings or something but its recommended to give 3 warning but only 2 is needed

TheBrownster

Forum Expert
Jun 10, 2016
A Pasture
some people have never read the rules and it is better that you warn them so they know exactly why and how they got banned. Some players can't read the rules(Not sure on that one) and some new people don't comprehend them. My opinion is the keep the warning.
If a player has not read the rules, that is their fault. It's listed quite well so no excuses like "I didn't know where it was" or any of that stuff. If a plerson can log onto cubecraft, they can open up a webpage. And the rules are quite simple, even listed with examples, so if a player doesn't comprehend those they probably shouldn't be playing online.
I think the warning should be kept only for a few offenses, such as swearing and spamming. All other offenses should be instantly reportable in my opinion. :)
Swearing is against the rules here however you do need to give them a warning before you can report them if i remember right its like 2 warnings or something but its recommended to give 3 warning but only 2 is needed
i think it's only one warning if I understand the rule page correctly. It just says you need to warn them which would mean one warning.

Edit: It is only one warning. Found it in this thread under the warning section.
https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/player-reporting-guidelines-and-formating.136047/

Reactions: Krealίxx

TriangleAttack

Dedicated Member
Mar 13, 2016
Lestallum
fireemblem.wikia.com
If a player has not read the rules, that is their fault. It's listed quite well so no excuses like "I didn't know where it was" or any of that stuff. If a plerson can log onto cubecraft, they can open up a webpage. And the rules are quite simple, even listed with examples, so if a player doesn't comprehend those they probably shouldn't be playing online.
I think the warning should be kept only for a few offenses, such as swearing and spamming. All other offenses should be instantly reportable in my opinion. :)

i think it's only one warning if I understand the rule page correctly. It just says you need to warn them which would mean one warning.

Edit: It is only one warning. Found it in this thread under the warning section.
https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/player-reporting-guidelines-and-formating.136047/
Are you allowed to say something like, I am gonna report your swearing, count as a warning?

TheBrownster

Forum Expert
Jun 10, 2016
A Pasture
Thanks for your help @TheBrownster904 I really appreciate it! :D

Lock? @zRinne
No problem :)
I disagree I think they should be given warnings, even one is fine in my opinion
Sometimes people will spam or curse people out, but stop when you warn them. Then later you might see them in another game or lobby and they start spamming or swearing again. But you still have to warn them again and then they stop doing it. (hypothetical situation. Any spammers/swears I come across just start cussing me out when I warn them. Then I report them :P)

Play3rSlay3r

Jan 4, 2017
A pineapple under da sea

I have reported several people,but the majority are cross teamers and that's the only thing I agree with. When you join the game... The warning is there.

Spyridon Agnew Dragon

Dedicated Member
May 27, 2016
Skylands
Not 100% true, another server i play on allows swear words or other types of profanity as long as your not directing it at someone

Equates

Sep 30, 2016
Swearing is not appropriate on servers because the mine craft industry is strongly geared towords children under the age of twelve. Swearing is not allowed for a very good reason, we don't want to poison the minds of young people and we want to keep Cube Craft a safe environment that lots of people are going to want to join.

Reactions: JamesGamez
Members Online

Latest profile posts

Reesle wrote on dave12555's profile.
Welcome to the Official Cubecraft Forums!! If you require assistance with something, feel free to reach out to me or a staff member for help! Hope you enjoy your stay :D
This is YOUR daily dose of facts #54-
The original Enderman had green eyes, and emitted smoke particles. They were later changed to purple eyes, and now Enderman emit purple teleportation particles instead of smoke.
Desiderata wrote on Xi1m's profile.
relogging just to tell you (and those who care enough to read statuses) that digital circus ep 2 is out now apparently
GiGaGekkies wrote on RobinDn's profile.
Hottie
Top Bottom