Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Jul 19, 2016
Taiwan
So I came across THIS thread, and I think that Unicode in chat should be added.

No Unicode? That means that I can't type Chinese, Japanese, Korean, and many other languages. And yes, I am a Taiwanese player. I have a bunch of Taiwanese friends that plays this server too. If one of my friends can't voice chat, how can I communicate with him?
1. Typing English? No. 60% of the people in Taiwan don't have good English. (Even I can do some grammar mistakes)
Example:
Correct grammar:
"Anyone wants to play? Call me via Skype!"
What Taiwanese people will type:
"Who want play? Call Skype give me!" (誰要玩?打Skype給我!)
2. Typing via Skype/RaidCall? No. This is annoying due to the fact that no one's gonna stop for 10 seconds to switch from MC to the chat, type it, and go back to the MC screen.
If you can put Unicode in chat, everyone will have fun and communicate with other speakers in many other languages!

Ellie Williams

Forum Veteran
Jan 6, 2016
University of Eastern Colorado
Yes, I agree with you, since Cubecraft players don't speak english 100% and many languages have special characters.
But as said in that thread, spamming unicode symbols would be a problem :/
Blocking unicode would not prevent spam in any way? Can't spam unicode? No problem! Spam keyboard characters!

!€|*\£!>.'819*^{^<^*\*+_++£_**.£{**+( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)&'€*'81

You get the idea

最后有人说我的语言了:D.

@Dai_Matsumoto I remember you saying that Chinese people don't play Minecraft alot and that blocking unicode is no big deal. Well, you are wrong ;).

Jeff_Bllkth

Forum Expert
Jul 7, 2016
Spain
bit.ly
Blocking unicode would not prevent spam in any way? Can't spam unicode? No problem! Spam keyboard characters!

!€|*\£!>.'819*^{^<^*\*+_++£_**.£{**+( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)&'€*'81

You get the idea

最后有人说我的语言了:D.

@Dai_Matsumoto I remember you saying that Chinese people don't play Minecraft alot and that blocking unicode is no big deal. Well, you are wrong ;).
Now, people don't spam keyboard characters, which means they still no doing it

Last edited:

Jeff_Bllkth

Forum Expert
Jul 7, 2016
Spain
bit.ly
I don't get what you are saying. Please use proper grammar.
Sorry but as you may know, I'm spanish, english is not my main language, so I will try:

Did you say that people might spam keyboard characters, right?
Well, I said that people, currently, don't do it (spamming characters), and it means they probably won't need to do it, as now.

Ellie Williams

Forum Veteran
Jan 6, 2016
University of Eastern Colorado
Sorry but as you may know, I'm spanish, english is not my main language, so I will try:

Did you say that people might spam keyboard characters, right?
Well, I said that people, currently, don't do it (spamming characters), and it means they probably won't need to do it, as now.
But it was said here that people like spamming unicode. So if they can't do it, the keyboard characters would just be an alternative. So the current system doesn't prevent spam at all.

Iggleboz

Aug 30, 2016
Neutral Bay
www.youtube.com

No Unicode? That means that I can't type Chinese, Japanese, Korean, and many other languages. And yes, I am a Taiwanese player. I have a bunch of Taiwanese friends that plays this server too. If one of my friends can't voice chat, how can I communicate with him?
1. Typing English? No. 60% of the people in Taiwan don't have good English. (Even I can do some grammar mistakes)
Example:
Correct grammar:
2. Typing via Skype/RaidCall? No. This is annoying due to the fact that no one's gonna stop for 10 seconds to switch from MC to the chat, type it, and go back to the MC screen.
If you can put Unicode in chat, everyone will have fun and communicate with other speakers in many other languages!
Yes I don't see anything wrong with Unicode. I have no clue why some servers put it as "spam".

WolfShine

Dedicated Member
Mar 10, 2016
www.youtube.com

Example:
Correct grammar:
I agree, because I have run into a lot of players who don't speak english. They have no way to communicate with the other players.

Members Online

Members online

Latest profile posts

Screenshot 2024-04-27 012708.png

what-? I won 1st place but then got 2nd place...?
GiGaGekkies wrote on tanjaroea677's profile.
Happy Birthday
Playing SkyBlock with my boyfriend almost feels like therapy. Just chilling around and finishing quests :))))
Basketman wrote on Xi1m's profile.
Thanks for the follow Pro Rocket player.
JokeKaedee wrote on tanjaroea677's profile.
Happy birthday <3
Top Bottom