Status
Not open for further replies.

Smoothlyy

Forum Expert
Mar 28, 2019
USA

- Map name: Arcade
- Creator(s) of map: @Smoothlyy and @Reddog37
- Description of map: This past week, Red and I built an arcade-themed duels map. There are two arcade machines on each side of the map that have the game Tetris on them. We incorporated ideas from a multitude of arcade games, the snake on the wall comes from the game ‘Snake’, we also have Pac-Man and an Orange Ghost, and finally, an alien from 'Space Invaders'. The little contraption made out iron blocks is supposed to symbolize the part of an arcade machine where you insert a coin to play a game. There is also an arcade token in the center of the map.
Screenshots:
2020-02-15 (12).png
2020-02-15 (15).png
2020-02-15 (13).png

2020-02-15 (14).png
2020-02-15 (11).png

2020-02-15 (10).png
Credits:
@Nikoshka and @Riley.
Thank you Niko for your tips and advice!
Thank you Priley so much! You gave us advice on many things such as the walls and arcade machines. We also borrowed his coin models for our map.
We drew inspiration from the Cubecraft Minerware Arcade map and of course Priley's solo SkyWars Arcade map.

"Hello, I literally have never built anything in my time on Minecraft. Have mercy, this was a fun distraction from the stress of life and school. Constructive criticism is okay, but please withhold your insults, Thanks! - Red :]"
Criticism is greatly appreciated and needed, so please give us as much as you want. You are always looking of ways to improve this map. Thank you.

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him

- Map name: Arcade
- Creator(s) of map: @Smoothlyy and @Reddog37
- Description of map: This past week, Red and I built an arcade-themed duels map. There are two arcade machines on each side of the map that have the game Tetris on them. We incorporated ideas from a multitude of arcade games, the snake on the wall comes from the game ‘Snake’, we also have Pac-Man and an Orange Ghost, and finally, an alien from 'Space Invaders'. The little contraption made out iron blocks is supposed to symbolize the part of an arcade machine where you insert a coin to play a game. There is also an arcade token in the center of the map.
Screenshots:
Credits:
@Nikoshka and @Riley.
Thank you Niko for your tips and advice!
Thank you Priley so much! You gave us advice on many things such as the walls and arcade machines. We also borrowed his coin models for our map.
We drew inspiration from the Cubecraft Minerware Arcade map and of course Priley's solo SkyWars Arcade map.

"Hello, I literally have never built anything in my time on Minecraft. Have mercy, this was a fun distraction from the stress of life and school. Constructive criticism is okay, but please withhold your insults, Thanks! - Red :]"
Criticism is greatly appreciated and needed, so please give us as much as you want. You are always looking of ways to improve this map. Thank you.

It's basic but cool, it's got an early cube vibe which is great because it's an early game themed. +1

Reactions: ImJunior

Robbedz

Designero
Jan 16, 2018
a robbery D:
Hey!, thanks for taking the time and effort into making and submitting a map for the server!! :D
The map looks great overall, i really like it that you made it to get fun from it.
I will be pointing out features that you may improve to make the map the best possible:
  • Unfortunately the map lacks a bit of detail, i do see some on the machines, but it would be great to see some more life on the rest of the map, not just 4 walls with pixelarts, they do help a bit tho, but it's not enough.
  • Talking about the pixelarts, i do know they are there due to the theme of the map, but i feel like they're a bit trite, with this im not saying you must remove them but give them some details to make them unique, like making them 3D, adding some depth, etc.
  • Also, i would add some painting to the floor to add more life. please don't just put random blocks, it may look colorful but not so elaborated, try finding paterns, an idea could be painting a pacman game on it, you can try this or get other ideas :)

It is a really great start, i really really like it when more people join the minecraft building world.
I hope you take my feedback the best you can so we can see updates soon!!

Last edited:

LordSidi0us

Forum Expert
Mar 1, 2019
Coruscant
The map is too large for me.Since a lot of people don’t want to fight and just run it’s going to be super boring to run after them in this large map.Its not something really special, just some ,,Buildings In the walls” which is fine but not particularly great.I think it’s a little bit too high as well.

ImJunior

Forum Expert
Jun 30, 2016
Belgium
www.cubecraft.net
The map is too large for me.Since a lot of people don’t want to fight and just run it’s going to be super boring to run after them in this large map.Its not something really special, just some ,,Buildings In the walls” which is fine but not particularly great.I think it’s a little bit too high as well.
Pretty sure it isn't even bigger than a regular duels map. Also, why does the height matter? It's not like you aren't able to fight because it's too high?

Nutuu

Forum Expert
Oct 7, 2017
Western Finland
Had to think a bit what should I vote, but you got my yes.
I still do have a couple things to criticize.

First I think you could add a roof to make it look more like one of those halls which have old gamemachines to give it a more realistic feeling, but add light on the roof too.
Also you could move the pixelarts 1 block out from the walls and block the gap with barriers so players can't get in to give the map a little less box looking effect :)
Also if you add a roof, there could be some lightning on the wall too, using sea lanterns and having a stained glass on it for more color.

I do like the map yeah, the map gives me hypixel old arcade lobby feeling which I love! :cool:
The map indeed is good without any changes but keep in mind those are only suggestions what should you change.
Keep up the work!:cube_light:
(I NEVER play 1.9 on cube except when there are no eggwars players on 1.8, but I still don't play duels)

RPoule

Dedicated Member
Jan 13, 2016
Netherlands
please withhold your insults, Thanks! - Red
@Reddog37 hrmbl... er.. rm.. dont... insul.. hrmb... I CAN't.... rmr... RESIST... YOU'RE CRINGE

I like the map, I prefer duels maps that have little to no obstruction on the ground itself. Things I thought of as on how to improve have been pointed out already too (making the walls 3D and adding a roof)... I like the way PacMan looks lol he seems like such a chilll dude.

Reactions: Nutuu

Smoothlyy

Forum Expert
Mar 28, 2019
USA
Hello! We have come back with an updated map.
MAP UPDATE 2/17:
-Changed floor color and added pattern the token (Inspired by nostalgic arcade lighting/colors)
-Added back lights around wall (^more of the nostalgic colors from arcades)
-More detail on top of wall and turrets in corners (meant to resemble pinball bumpers)
-3D/Shaded Pixel art (as suggested in feedback from initial attempt ;] )
-PacMan cherries in corners

-Pictures
2020-02-17 (6).png

2020-02-17 (7).png

2020-02-17 (8).png

2020-02-17 (9).png

2020-02-17 (10).png
2020-02-17 (11).png

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
Hello! We have come back with an updated map.
MAP UPDATE 2/17:
-Changed floor color and added pattern the token (Inspired by nostalgic arcade lighting/colors)
-Added back lights around wall (^more of the nostalgic colors from arcades)
-More detail on top of wall and turrets in corners (meant to resemble pinball bumpers)
-3D/Shaded Pixel art (as suggested in feedback from initial attempt ;] )
-PacMan cherries in corners

-Pictures

I'd suggest changing all the characters to wool to give them a more colorful and vibrant appearance. Right now they seem a little dull and dead inside. :P

RPoule

Dedicated Member
Jan 13, 2016
Netherlands
I'd suggest changing all the characters to wool to give them a more colorful and vibrant appearance. Right now they seem a little dull and dead inside. :p
I kinda like the retro-ish chill colours they've got going on currently... I could be very wrong but I'd guess wool or concrete would saturate the arena too much due to the wide variety of colours. But again, could be wrong, it's hard to visualise lol so... definately try it!

really like the cherries lol, came up with some other arcade-game attributes that might be of help idk:
- t-brick from Tetris (any brick would work but t-brick is best brick)
- white ball from pong or breakout
- donkey kong's barrels or oil barrels
- duck hunts' frisbee
- A or B button

Reactions: Smoothlyy

Smoothlyy

Forum Expert
Mar 28, 2019
USA
@Yoya We would love your opinion and feedback on our map! We have got to the point where we don't know what else can be done to make this map even better. Some advice would be great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

After being away for more than a year, I'm returning to Cubecraft. I've really missed the community. Feel free to say hi if you spot me on Discord or the server. :)
RobinDn wrote on Nikoshka's profile.
Happy Birthday
BurgerCat13 wrote on Nikoshka's profile.
Happy Birthday
Apparently I'm getting reports that server routing is broken in some countries. One of my friends (he's from Kuwait) got redirected to Asian servers and got higher ping as a result. He has better ping in EU than in Asia. Could you guys look into it? Thanks
I really do hope that things will be better this month.

Noooooooooooooooooo-
I had a similar idea, I had already collected all the screenshots and informations- noooooo-
1000078266.jpg
Top Bottom