Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

tant33

Mar 6, 2016
Hi Cubecrafters

Wouldn't it be cool to have all features in skyblock such as: shulker boxes, 1.16 nether biomes & mobs, etc?
I maybe have an idea how you still can join on all version while having all those features.

There is a plugin which allows player to join on lower versions on a 1.16 server. If you obtain for example netherite and join in 1.15.2, it will look like a diamond but with the name netherite.
Maybe you can add something like this and even create a texturepack that players can download to see all blocks in lower versions.

I hope this a good idea.

Kind Regards
tant33

luv!

Apr 13, 2020
Toronto, Ontario.
I like this idea, however, I'm not sure if that would be suitable for the server. As much as I'd love to see 1.16 features on sky-blocks, having to create a plugin which is able to port up to 7 versions of Minecraft would be a rather tedious process, along with having to constantly fix issues with this system.

Reactions: wxzzrd

Gemmmmie

Forum Veteran
Dec 31, 2017
The Butterfly Gardens
I would love the Nether on Skyblock to have the new 1.16 additions, but it also really limits versions. If you wanted to play Skyblock you would have to be only in 1.16, which I know some people struggle with joining on that version due to extreme lag or crashes. However, it is a great idea nevertheless.

A plugin, would also become a bit too confusing overall.

Reactions: wxzzrd

Redned

Protocol Developer
Team CubeCraft
💻 Developer
Apr 24, 2020
Pronouns
He/Him
Hello!

Unfortunately at this point in time, updating Skyblock to 1.16 is not something we're planning to do. A server update (especially from 1.9 to 1.16) is no simple task and would require a lot of work on our side. As mentioned, this also limits the version that can be played on Skyblock to only 1.16 players.

There is a plugin which allows player to join on lower versions on a 1.16 server. If you obtain for example netherite and join in 1.15.2, it will look like a diamond but with the name netherite.
Maybe you can add something like this and even create a texturepack that players can download to see all blocks in lower versions.
While this could be a plausible solution for minor updates (e.g. allowing 1.13 players to join a 1.13.2 server), the player experience from a 1.9 perspective on a 1.16 server is not ideal, especially considering the substantial amount of content that has been added to the game from 1.10 until 1.16.

I'm not saying an eventual update to a future version is impossible or not something we'll ever do, but it's currently not something we've got planned for 1.16.

Lol9878

Mar 15, 2020
Hi Cubecrafters

Wouldn't it be cool to have all features in skyblock such as: shulker boxes, 1.16 nether biomes & mobs, etc?
I maybe have an idea how you still can join on all version while having all those features.

I hope this a good idea.

Kind Regards
tant33
the 1.16 update might start to lag

wxzzrd

Dedicated Member
May 30, 2020
Hello!

Unfortunately at this point in time, updating Skyblock to 1.16 is not something we're planning to do. A server update (especially from 1.9 to 1.16) is no simple task and would require a lot of work on our side. As mentioned, this also limits the version that can be played on Skyblock to only 1.16 players.

While this could be a plausible solution for minor updates (e.g. allowing 1.13 players to join a 1.13.2 server), the player experience from a 1.9 perspective on a 1.16 server is not ideal, especially considering the substantial amount of content that has been added to the game from 1.10 until 1.16.

I'm not saying an eventual update to a future version is impossible or not something we'll ever do, but it's currently not something we've got planned for 1.16.
Do you think it would be possible that you might update to village and pillage so time soon? I really want working shields there an amazing strat

PowerObby

Sep 10, 2020
Hello!

You can do something like only allowing 1.16+ players to join skyblock (like you guys did with some games to block 1.8(the non-direct-pvp games))

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

GiGaGekkies wrote on Ferrcho's profile.
Ola! Happy Birthday! :)
GiGaGekkies wrote on Roxlad's profile.
Happy Birthday <3
GiGaGekkies wrote on Abodz's profile.
Happy Birthday
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Abodz's profile.
Happy Birthday! I hope you have/had a good day today!:D
Top Bottom