• Yes!

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • No

Votes: 3 60.0%

• Total voters

Dr.Khqled

Jun 26, 2016
Hi CUBECRAFTERS :D:cube_light:
I LUV UHC GAMES and I have been playing it ever since its return to the server after the long maintenance that took months. I love how they made it better but still, it needs some improvements.
I have been facing two issues in the game that sometimes let me change my mind about playing it.
#In this thread, I will share what I have thought of as a solution, and you can suggest other solutions or support mine!:fantamug:
  1. First: The games take so long to start!
The thing is that CubeCraft's UHC is currently not as famous as the other big games like Eggwars, Skywars, SG, ...etc. so there are only a few players joining it.
  • That is why we need to reduce the number of players needed for each game to start. For example, we can have 12-Player maps for Team and 6-Player maps for Solo (don't remove the existing maps though).
  • In addition to that, we need to reduce the number of maps shown for players to choose from at the same time. For example, we can have 3 maps at each time instead of 5.
2. Second: Normal Mode games made it possible to hide forever!

In Normal Mode games, since there is no Deathmatch, players can hide underground in a place near x=0, z=0 (staying in the center and avoiding the current borders) and stay there as long as they want!. Some of them actually stay there and wait for the other players to leave or die from mobs while searching for them. :confused1::confused1::confused1:
  • To solve this we can have "Y-border" in addition to the existing borders (A border that makes players get out to the surface). This border shall start after some considered time and rise up from Y=0 to somewhere near the surface.
I hope these get solved pretty fast and let us enjoy the game we like. In addition, this can also attract more players to the game in the long run.

Bob_the_Giraffe

Dedicated Member
Nov 5, 2013
Canada
I personally do think that it does get frustrating when you want to get a game started but need people to join but the thing is, it depends when you want to play! Sometimes there are many games starting but sometimes it takes forever. Thing with games that have few people, players may start abusing that and boosting their stats/wins and that wouldn't help much either!

Now as for the Y border, I don't feel this is helpful since this is still UHC and NOT SG. The game is to be played strategically and not supposed to turn into a bloodbath with whoever is left. Also the point of being able to be at the bottom is that if someone were trying to get away from the border and they were at the underground mining, they wouldn't get killed by the border which is already pushing them to 0,0 so they could get there then build up. The use of the border to get players closer together and to fight strategically and have it turn into a bloodbath. UHC is a game that takes a while to play (usually 15+ minutes) so there is no point in complaining about why games take forever! The maps are very big with few players which is the point of UHC!

Therefore I agree something should be done about getting games to start faster (but make sure people don't abuse to boost stats) but I don't think they should add a Y border as it will ruin the point of the game.

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
  1. First: The games take so long to start!
The thing is that CubeCraft's UHC is currently not as famous as the other big games like Eggwars, Skywars, SG, ...etc. so there are only a few players joining it.
  • That is why we need to reduce the number of players needed for each game to start. For example, we can have 12-Player maps for Team and 6-Player maps for Solo (don't remove the existing maps though).
  • In addition to that, we need to reduce the number of maps shown for players to choose from at the same time. For example, we can have 3 maps at each time instead of 5.
True, UHC isn't very popular.
Reducing the amount of players needed to start would be great and all, but I don't think that's a good idea for when the game gets updated & receives a larger player base. Let's be real here: There has been a LOT of threads, explaining why UHC was a flop, and Cube can easily take notes from it & recreate the gamemode better than ever. However, this still won't guarantee the popularity of UHC staying alive, as our average player simply doesn't like UHC.

For your second solution: This'll cause more issues later on, since people tend to like bigger selections.
Just imagine 3x desert! Not a lot of people like desert at all.

2. Second: Normal Mode games made it possible to hide forever!

In Normal Mode games, since there is no Deathmatch, players can hide underground in a place near x=0, z=0 (staying in the center and avoiding the current borders) and stay there as long as they want!. Some of them actually stay there and wait for the other players to leave or die from mobs while searching for them. :confused1::confused1::confused1:
  • To solve this we can have "Y-border" in addition to the existing borders (A border that makes players get out to the surface). This border shall start after some considered time and rise up from Y=0 to somewhere near the surface.
No deathmatch = good thing.
It's not difficult to find where the last player is hiding either, as you can do F3 + A to reload the chunks and see where entities are (since they load in before the blocks do).
And if they added a Y-border, how exactly would they do that? Currently they are making use of a vanilla border so they can avoid unnecessary programming.

Kroccky

Apr 13, 2017
I really think that they should make the time longer. It takes so long to get everybody in the game, and its like 5 mins until deathmatch. If the time is much longer, it would be much more fun :)

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Frontlane wrote on xSchulzis's profile.
Congratulations once more on making it my fellow Java helper :D
Frontlane wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Congratulations again on becoming Helper aaa
ElFlxen_ wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Congrats, pro!
SlinkyGnu05604 wrote on Frontlane's profile.
Welcome back to the staff team!
SlinkyGnu05604 wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Congrats!
Top Bottom