Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Modulo

Dec 30, 2019
Here are my proposed changes:
  1. Give op gladiator a diamond sword instead of iron. Not only does normal mode gladiator have an iron sword, but op mode chef does as well, and it has 5 steak too. There is no argument against changing one of either op gladiator or op chef, and I think that since it generally takes more hits to kill people in op mode, that the kit which gives you a weapon from the start should be at least a bit stronger. Also, the other gladiator kits have weapons that fall in the middle of the loot table when it comes to damage, but this one is definitely on the lower end.

2. Give op chef a stone sword instead of iron. Now, I said at least one of either op gladiator or op chef should be changed, but I think both should. I feel like the weapon in the chef kit was not intended to be the centerpiece, but instead a convenient addition. In normal mode, the chef's sword does a bit under half the damage of the strongest obtainable weapon (4 compared to 8.5) but as it stands, in op mode that ratio is 2/3 (6 to 9). I think the iron sword is a bit too strong of a weapon given the other benefits of the kit. As I mentioned earlier, it takes more hits to kill someone in op mode on average than in any other mode. As a result, healing mid-fight (and in general) is a much more viable (and beneficial) tactic, and steak heals you a lot - 6 hearts in a matter of seconds.

3. Give basic chef 3 steak. One thing which does not change between modes is hunger. You will always lose hunger at the same rate at the start of the game, and since sg requires a lot of running 1 steak is not going to sustain people for that long once the game starts. If this proposed kit seems familiar, it's because it is the same as chef kit in normal mode. I would argue that in a manner opposite to op, it typically takes fewer hits to kill an opponent in basic. Thus, healing is not as critical to battles, meaning steak is less important in combat. This would warrant keeping the sword in the kit as a wood sword is relatively better in basic compared to normal, and the kits would be balanced for their respective modes.

4. Give warrior in basic a chain chestplate, and warrior in normal an iron chestplate. These changes would fall in line with the current op warrior kit which is a diamond chestplate. Instead of giving op warrior an iron chestplate and having all warrior kits be on the weak end of the loot table, buffing the other two kits is a more appropriate balance since you can still get other bad pieces of armor. Having a decent weapon guarantees you a decent weapon, but having one decent piece of armor does not guarantee that all your armor is decent. Besides, it's not vary characteristic of the defensive kit to give you the some of the weakest armor in the loot table.

Last edited:
Reactions: CeleryAskin
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Eli wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy Birthday!!!
JokeKaedee wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Gefeliciteerd met je verjaardag!! :egg:
1714062934709.png

fun new launcher lol
marshduck11 wrote on Mintypie231's profile.
I'm waiting for my facts!
Eli wrote on hamelech2007's profile.
Hello pumpkin
Top Bottom