• Y U NO MAKE GOOD STUFF?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It needs some tweaks.

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters

Jul 19, 2016
Taiwan
INTRO:
I am a Tower Defense player that has a win/loss ratio of about 1.15. I often see lots of people either bad or just troll. Sometimes I can't even tell them to do things because they don't want to hear or speak a different language. Plus, CCGN hasn't been updating Tower Defense in a long time, so I'd like to introduce this suggestion!
SUGGESTIONS:
2 new gamemodes:
1. 2v2: Ever want to play a TD game with only your friends? This does the work! 2v2s can solve the problem slightly. This gamemode's countdown timer starts when 2 players are in, so it may or may not be a 1v1 or a 1v2, but that's a good thing.
2. Ranked: For competitive players like @MidnightMailman or @hyperBravo can play with other competitive players just by this gamemode! Also, it only has a sign/armor stand to click and you cannot select maps even if you're iron rank or higher so people won't just select the map and win every time.

Leagues/Ratings:
As I said, I want to play a more competitive game of TD. With this, you can see player's skill levels by looking at their leagues and ratings.
If CCGN add this, ratings will be automatically calculated.

Rating = 1000 + 10 x (Wins - Loses) + 30 x Win/Loss Ratio
New players will count as Rating = 1000.
When you win a game of TD, you will add:
Average of enemy team's rating - Average of your team's rating
If it's below 10, it counts as 10.
When you lose, you will lose:

Now to the leagues.
From the worst to the best:

Unranked: Less than 5 games played

Wood: Rating < 900
Stone: 900 <= Rating < 1000
Coal: 1000 <= Rating < 1100

Iron: 1100 <= Rating < 1300
Gold: 1300 <= Rating < 1500
Diamond: 1500 <= Rating < 1700
Obsidian: 1700 <= Rating < 2100
Top Players: 2100 <= Rating

My example: I have 60 wins and 52 loses. Win/Loss ratio is 1.15.
So my rating is 1000 + 10 x (60 - 52) + 30 x 1.15 = 1115.
When I say something in chat, my name will be
[Stone] :|Iron|: [R1115] 1314520.
Cool, right?

OUTRO:
It took me 40 minutes to write this down. Hope you enjoy it! :D

Last edited:
Reactions: Power Ranger

Spyridon Agnew Dragon

Dedicated Member
May 27, 2016
Skylands
INTRO:
I am a Tower Defense player that has a win/loss ratio of about 1.15. I often see lots of people either bad or just troll. Sometimes I can't even tell them to do things because they don't want to hear or speak a different language. Plus, CCGN hasn't been updating Tower Defense in a long time, so I'd like to introduce this suggestion!
SUGGESTIONS:
2 new gamemodes:
1. 2v2: Ever want to play a TD game with only your friends? This does the work! 2v2s can solve the problem slightly. This gamemode's countdown timer starts when 2 players are in, so it may or may not be a 1v1 or a 1v2, but that's a good thing.
2. Ranked: For competitive players like @MidnightMailman or @hyperBravo can play with other competitive players just by this gamemode! Also, it only has a sign/armor stand to click and you cannot select maps even if you're iron rank or higher so people won't just select the map and win every time.

Leagues/Ratings:
As I said, I want to play a more competitive game of TD. With this, you can see player's skill levels by looking at their leagues and ratings.
If CCGN add this, ratings will be automatically calculated.

Rating = 1000 + 10 x (Wins - Loses) + 30 x Win/Loss Ratio
New players will count as Rating = 1000.
When you win a game of TD, you will add:
When you lose, you will lose:

Now to the leagues.
From the worst to the best:

Unranked: Less than 5 games played

Wood: Rating < 900
Stone: 900 <= Rating < 1000
Coal: 1000 <= Rating < 1100

Iron: 1100 <= Rating < 1300
Gold: 1300 <= Rating < 1500
Diamond: 1500 <= Rating < 1700
Obsidian: 1700 <= Rating < 2100
Top Players: 2100 <= Rating

My example: I have 60 wins and 52 loses. Win/Loss ratio is 1.15.
So my rating is 1000 + 10 x (60 - 52) + 30 x 1.15 = 1115.
When I say something in chat, my name will be
[Stone] :|Iron|: [R1115] 1314520.
Cool, right?

OUTRO:
It took me 40 minutes to write this down. Hope you enjoy it! :D
If you do, drop a like! I appreciate all the like ratings!
Please do not ask for likes as its against forum rules however ive supported the ranked TD for a long time

MidnightMailman

Oct 19, 2016
Think Tank
www.youtube.com
Overall, excellent idea, and formulation of thoughts. The only real issue I have against the ranked mode is that there are not enough players, and the games last a long time. Most nights Tower Defense has about 100 people. If there were like 500 people getting on Tower Defense every night, then this ranked system might actually work.

agent320

Dedicated Member
Jun 28, 2016
I like the general concept but I think you are overlooking some problems and oversimplifieng a competetive algorhythm.
Problem number A) People with more towers have an easier time winning as the towers can make the game very easy on them. For example if no one on a team has a zeus a leach or a necro or any other high damage tower they pretty much already lost when the enemy sends a giant but if the enemya have for example zeus the giant is gonna go down quite quickly
Problem number B) /share
The command itself is pretty controversial as only ranked players can do it. This gives them huge strategic advantages over a team that can't use /share
Problem number C)
This is directly tied to your algorhythm
Your algorhythm would feature winstreaks which is really really stupid and ruins any competetive experience. Take overwatch for example. Ranks there mean absolutly nothing really as you can easily go up or drop by an entire rank just with winning or losung streaks. The other problem directly tied to that is abusing of the system. In Iverwatch some players managed to reach top 500 by abusing the matchmaking system. They are above average players and belong around mid masters. But by abusing off-peak times to be queued with silvers, gold and plats they reached top 500. Because the matchmaking knows that the should not get a lot of SR for winning a match against them they only got little sr at the start. But then they started to build up winstreaks up to a 97.25% winrate.(Let me remind you most professional esports players are between 60-70)
I hope this clarifies why a winstreak based algorhythm can't work

Jul 19, 2016
Taiwan
I like the general concept but I think you are overlooking some problems and oversimplifieng a competetive algorhythm.
Problem number A) People with more towers have an easier time winning as the towers can make the game very easy on them. For example if no one on a team has a zeus a leach or a necro or any other high damage tower they pretty much already lost when the enemy sends a giant but if the enemya have for example zeus the giant is gonna go down quite quickly
Problem number B) /share
The command itself is pretty controversial as only ranked players can do it. This gives them huge strategic advantages over a team that can't use /share
Problem number C)
This is directly tied to your algorhythm
Your algorhythm would feature winstreaks which is really really stupid and ruins any competetive experience. Take overwatch for example. Ranks there mean absolutly nothing really as you can easily go up or drop by an entire rank just with winning or losung streaks. The other problem directly tied to that is abusing of the system. In Iverwatch some players managed to reach top 500 by abusing the matchmaking system. They are above average players and belong around mid masters. But by abusing off-peak times to be queued with silvers, gold and plats they reached top 500. Because the matchmaking knows that the should not get a lot of SR for winning a match against them they only got little sr at the start. But then they started to build up winstreaks up to a 97.25% winrate.(Let me remind you most professional esports players are between 60-70)
I hope this clarifies why a winstreak based algorhythm can't work

For problem A and B: Yes, it's unfair, but nothing wrong with buying a rank or towers anyway, so I don't really think that it matters.
For problem C: I don't get your point here. Win streaks? Where? Let's not forget that disconnection/quitting after some time count as loses. The Win/Loss ratio doesn't mean anything when you converted your WLR to the rating. Everything else is about winning and losing. It doesn't matter if you have a 20 win streak. Win streaks doesn't let your rating go faster, and vice versa, so how to abuse this system?

agent320

Dedicated Member
Jun 28, 2016
For problem A and B: Yes, it's unfair, but nothing wrong with buying a rank or towers anyway, so I don't really think that it matters.
For problem C: I don't get your point here. Win streaks? Where? Let's not forget that disconnection/quitting after some time count as loses. The Win/Loss ratio doesn't mean anything when you converted your WLR to the rating. Everything else is about winning and losing. It doesn't matter if you have a 20 win streak. Win streaks doesn't let your rating go faster, and vice versa, so how to abuse this system?
A/B is a problem
and C)
Yes but its still oversimplifiing it. You cant rate a player by winning or losing. That works on ranked pvp 1v1 games but not in a team-based game like Tower defense. Skill needs to be measured on your own performance. For example if you have a bad team you could be ranked lower than you should be if you get carried by your team you could be above where you should be.

MidnightMailman

Oct 19, 2016
Think Tank
www.youtube.com
Assuming we have enough players to make a ranking system work. I would recommend that there would be two modes. One that is a 6v6, that is free for all, anyone can join it and play with everyone else. The other is the ranked system as discussed, but only in 2v2. If it were in 2v2, that would prevent carrying for the most part. There would still be some carrying, but it would be rare and only the best would be able to pull it off and they would not stay in the lower tiers. It would also be very difficult to break your rank into the higher tiers unless you are really good, or you have a friend that you play with. With any ranked mode there will still be some skill difference, the set up I made will likely keep the integrity of the game mode.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Reesle wrote on Eli's profile.
Happy Birthday, cool Forums member!! 🥳✨
Reesle wrote on xEefster's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎂
UncleSpect wrote on _EliteDavy's profile.
thank you for the follow my friend! 🎈
JokeKaedee wrote on xEefster's profile.
Happy birthday, Eef <3
Thank you all for your sweet birthday wishes 💕
Top Bottom