Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Select subjects you agree with.

• Total voters

Dorek1998

Novice Member
Dec 17, 2017
You can skip the longer explanations by ignoring underscored text. It is worth knowing though.

Hi.
I want to point your faces today at one gamemode that hasn't got a change for years now. Has anyone ever realized that 3 Tower Defense mobs mentioned in the title are practically useless for all that time? And the reason for that is simple - there are way more efficient alternatives:

#1 Creepers can get easily replaced by Skeletons level 4-5, because not only HP is similar, they are immune to inferno potions, which makes them easily the best option for a more advanced attack, and regeneration can be easily made up with a help of 3 witches on each wave;

#2 Pigmen, just like creepers, give no extra benefit compared to skeletons lv 4-5. The major differences are, pigmen are slightly faster and more fragile than skeletons. But it doesn't make a difference due to how similar costs of pigmen and skeletons are. It's always better to send skeletons lv 4 over pigmen. The most big brain play you can make with pigman is rush very early for a likely castle damage, but even that strategy can be nullified if everyone decides to use swords or poison level 4 path 1 on them.

#3 Endermites - Seemingly discount Blazes, except no. What makes Endermites equivalent to garbage is, they can get burned by mage towers even faster than silverfish. How, you may ask? First let me explain how mage towers work. mage towers have 2 processes of a single attack: Ignition and Afterburn. Afterburn is quite obvious, it simply does 5 fire damage every second to every mob in range. Endermites aren't affected by afterburn. HOWEVER, they are effected by Ignitions which deal 5 damage every 3 seconds on mage level 1. 10 damage on mage 2 and 15 damage on level 3. Doesn't sound bad, but keep in mind it affects all Endermites in range. Not only that, Mages level 4 are the true reason Endermites are trash. Because they Ignite every SECOND and deal 20 damage to all Endermites. This happens because Endermites are immune to afterburn so Mage sees that as an unignited mob, so keeps igniting and damaging it until it dies. This process results in a 600 HP endermite to die in 30 seconds, or faster if more mages lv 4 are next to each other.

These were the issues, and here is how to make each mob more viable:

#1 Creeper's primary concept is abnormal regeneration and sustainability, at least that's been stated in the tutorials. It's a great idea, but poorly executed. The reason for that is because sure, they have big HP (around 1800+ at max level) and they regenerate, but the regeneration is pitifully slow, also creepers aren't fire proof so all it takes to stop 12 charged creepers is 2-3 inferno potions. This is my idea on making creepers better - make their regeneration stronger the more they level up (10 HP/second on level 1 and 10 extra HP/s every level, ending at final creeper with 1,8K health and 50HP/second regen). Yes, this is a huge number, but there are 2 things to keep in mind - #1 Creepers are more expensive to send than Wither skeletons, #2 A single Inferno potion does 100 damage/second, that also which is twice as fast as suggested creeper's regeneration. It simply means that cleaning up a single wave of creepers will take more inferno potions.

#2 Pigmen are actually pretty easy to fix, at least I think there's an easy fix, which is reducing their cost in terms of XP and coins, but additionally decrease their overall HP too. This way they will be a handy way of sending a quick assault against enemy team that is both easy to get and easy to kill if you play your cards right.

#3 Endermites... simply make them 100% immune to mage towers, causing them to become some sort of discount Blazes. If that doesn't sound good, then dismiss an idea of Endermites and just make lv 4 and 5 beefier silverfish, because honestly silverfish can get way further than endermites and even invisible (level 4-5) spiders due to larger health pool.

InkAsriel

Sep 23, 2017
The Netherlands
glad to see someone mention TD for once hahha, im not sure if you're in the cubecraft discord but there has been a call about changes that TD should get not too long ago, this has been mentioned too! one of the links mentioned is this:
when looking in the discord there's #Tower-Defence. the pinned messages got a lot more information about the suggestions of other players!

Reactions: Shotgun and Gregeyy

Shotgun

Jun 26, 2020
CubeCraft Universe
It's half past 12 AM rn, so I will answer this for short now and get in detail later

But for now I got just a few questions for you and some short opinions:
1. You seem quite sure about some of the numbers and details regarding mobs/towers. How do you know this kind of information?
2. How much games of TD did you play?
3. How much of them did you win?
4. Have you been coached by a (in
your opinion) professional TD player?

To give you my opinion I'll just shortly address all changes you suggest and explain the opinions tomorrow.

1. Creeper. This has been mentioned in the TD Community Talk, there has been multiple people suggesting what you suggested but there has also been a rework suggestion: this involves the creeper becoming a kamikaze troop.

2. Pigmen.
Pigmen are completely fine
precisely what ItzEnder said.

3. I'm not sure whether what you say is true, but I do agree with the fact that Endermites (as well as Silverfish) are useless. I think they need either a rework or heavy balance changes. I wouldn't like to see Endermite removed though.

Shotgun

Jun 26, 2020
CubeCraft Universe
@Dorek1998 so, let me answer your thread for real now. One remark though, I'm surprised you didn't add Giants to the list. Most people would.

So, Creepers first, as I mentioned there are two options to fix this. First being basically your suggestion but I would use percentages of the max health as a healing rate to be able to balance it more easily. Second option, rework it and let it do what it's made for: explode. Some details about how I think the Creeper should be:
1603089491658.png

I made this 1-2 months ago so it's a little outdated, but it's still handy for explanation. Some corrections:

Creeper should stun towers when dying because of his explosion. Stun time would be 0,1 second for all 5 levels. Stun range would be 9, 9, 10, 12, 13.

When hit by zeus, instead of increasing it's speed when charged the creeper would have a stronger explosion to better match it with Vanilla. It would do 4, 6, 8 and 10 damage instead of the damages shown above. And the stun time would be increased by 0,1 second. However, when hit by a zeus, a creeper will only be charged for 5 seconds.

Though if this idea is considered, Zeus would definitely need a buff. This won't be such a problem because then it will better match the strength of an Archer
Pigmen are not useless as ItzEnder mentioned, ever tried Witch combined with Pigman? What about quick start? What about solo rush, two waves of Skelly IV followed by pig I for fast exp gathering. What about Level V pigmen?

I think these questions are enough to let you think this through a bit better. As a reaction to your balance change suggestion: what would be the point? You point out some problems, then you suggest a change, but if you'd follow this change, these problems are still there....
This is quite simple to explain, just look at the screenshot below, red one is old, blue one is suggestion.
1603090448920.png

I hope this is enough explanation for you to understand my opinion and to change your mind about some things.
Maybe you could add the creeper and endermite suggestions to your voting poll?

Have a great day!

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Thjis wrote on CubeCraft's profile.
Happy Bday Cube Bedrock!
ToonBer wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Gefeliciteerd eitje!
Eli wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy Birthday!!!
JokeKaedee wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Gefeliciteerd met je verjaardag!! :egg: