Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Should Touch users be separated from PCs users?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Alex07J

Apr 2, 2021
Berlin, Germany
Touch control players are having a hard time having fun.

As a player who has played both Win10/Touch I think that touch control players need to be separated from Win10 players.

- Why?

Well, let's take FFA as an example. I really like pvp and pvp practice in general. I play FFA mostly on my phone and I know how difficult it is to enjoy. Sometimes I just want to chill and have a good K/D, but it is hard when one Win10 with 14cps absolutely destroy me without even touching the ground. Or how touch users just don't have the capacity to aim and hit that well like someone with a mouse does.

Not only FFA is a hard task for touch users, then in every game there is at least 1 Win10 player in it.

- Isn't it hard for Win10 players too?

Win10 players can rarely be killed by a touch user. But I must say that the ability from touch users to hit in a 110° angle is annoying when playing on pc. (110° angle is the maximum FOV).

- Possible challenges:

I assume that about 10%< are Touch players on FFA since they have absolutely no chance. Assuming there are 800 players on FFA and 80 per server (disclaimer: I used /list to get this data). I see how this might become problematic. Separating the players means that there will be approximately 1 FFA server available for touch users.

I'll like to hear feedback from the Bedrock community and thank you for you attention.

DISCLAIMER: I AM AWARE THAT IT ALREADY EXISTS BUT IT ISN'T PERFECT AND IT DOESN'T APPLY TO FFA

Last edited:

DarkStray

Dedicated Member
Sep 17, 2019
United States
youtube.com

As a player who has played both Win10/Touch I think that touch control players need to be separated from Win10 players.

- Why?

Well, let's take FFA as an example. I really like pvp and pvp practice in general. I play FFA mostly on my phone and I know how difficult it is to enjoy. Sometimes I just want to chill and have a good K/D, but it is hard when one Win10 with 14cps absolutely destroy me without even touching the ground. Or how touch users just don't have the capacity to aim and hit that well like someone with a mouse does.

Not only FFA is a hard task for touch users, then in every game there is at least 1 Win10 player in it.

Win10 players can rarely be killed by a touch user. But I must say that the ability from touch users to hit in a 110° angle is annoying when playing on pc. (110° angle is the maximum FOV).

- Possible challenges:

I assume that about 10%< are Touch players on FFA since they have absolutely no chance. Assuming there are 800 players on FFA and 80 per server (disclaimer: I used /list to get this data). I see how this might become problematic. Separating the players means that there will be approximately 1 FFA server available for touch users.

I'll like to hear feedback from the Bedrock community and thank you for you attention.
IBMM already exists xP

• Agree
Reactions: Dualninja

Alex07J

Apr 2, 2021
Berlin, Germany

- Why?

- Possible challenges:

I am aware that it already exists, but not in FFA. And it also isn't perfect.

Alex07J

Apr 2, 2021
Berlin, Germany
Input based matchmaking already exists, it was implemented at the same time as the new knockback. That means controller, keyboard & mouse, and touch players are already separated as much as possible.
Yes, I forgot to clarify that I am directly talking about FFA. It does exist, I have experienced some flaws nonetheless

kochido

Apr 8, 2020
Just play skywars or eggwars if you want the relaxed experience

ATouchscreenPlayer

Nov 29, 2020
I have a decent tablet and FFA is still laggy af so you might want to try out other games since even if they add mobile servers it’s still trash

Reactions: Alex07J

qMelonn

Novice Member
Jan 15, 2021
Canada
Seeing that you're talking about FFA, I can see why you would want this. I am not a touchscreen player but I can imagine it would be pretty frustrating. I agree with this, maybe edit the poll to mention that it is strictly FFA as well, for the people who don't read the entire post.

Reactions: Alex07J

Alex07J

Apr 2, 2021
Berlin, Germany
because of matchmaking, this’d mean i am playing with just other mobile players, correct? Hmm, well, i saw a windows 10/hacker once, somehow i managed to kill them but they killed me equal times back(talking about ctf here which i know is off topic) so yeah i agree that they should be more separated based on device as it can make things rather difficult. what I also think they should implement is separation by skill; skill is not the same throughout the same device(not all mobile players suck, theres a difference between tiny buttons on a phone and larger buttons on a tablet)so i think your idea would be a great implementation into the game to make things a lot more fair in ffa
Yeah, well I think there are less mobile skilled players than pc ones so that would make it difficult to match

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Hqtemood's profile.
Eagle🦅
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Verbramdt's profile.
Welcome back my friend!:D I missed you <3
Loskol wrote on Hqtemood's profile.
Eagle🦅
I hope you all had a great weekend!
Top Bottom