Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

SpankMeSanta

Dedicated Member
Nov 12, 2016
Lowering the price of steak in normal is in the Beta Phase so it should be coming soon.
Unfortunately "coming soon" is not good enough. We are at the heart of summer where the playercount will peak within the next few days and weeks.
There will, no doubt, be many games where the mode is normal and many players (playing for the first time) will not want to play the game again after finding out that you have to wait tedious minutes just to buy food each time you respawn. Like @XtremeElectrix mentioned, it is not gamebreaking, not even close to it, so it is concerning as to why admins think it has to pass some beta test (that nobody even plays) before it is added to the main game.

TheZigbot9000

Dedicated Member
Jan 3, 2016
The North Obsidian Pillar in The End
Like @XtremeElectrix mentioned, it is not gamebreaking, not even close to it, so it is concerning as to why admins think it has to pass some beta test (that nobody even plays) before it is added to the main game.

You might want to ask @Palombo as he's one of the devs working on the project.
He should be able to put any concerns to rest. There's no time like the present I agree, but it's not like they're cooking 5 minute rice here. They have their own reasons as to why the features in Eggwars beta is taking it's time to make itself known to the world. Hopefully it's not confidential enough to provide details.

Teddy1424

Sep 16, 2016
Okay reading these it seems like the thread swerved off in a direction about steak prices and stuff. There seems to be a lot of people trying to justify the gameplay of Overpowered mode. But the ups and downs of Overpowered mode itself is not the core topic of this thread. The core topic is addressing the lack of options given to the players who can't/won't give monetary funds for a rank so they can vote. In simpler terms, people should be able to play the gamemodes they want to play, not the gamemodes that people who've paid get to choose. I don't want to have an argument on whether Overpowered is better than Normal mode and why. I simply am asking for a better solution to the issue of people not being able to play the games they want to. I think someone else addressed this too. Not many other servers have this type of Rank = Vote systems for their games (in fact, I haven't seen a single one in the 8 years I've been playing this game). I don't want to offer solutions or ideas to this however, since that should be the job of the server's staff, but I ask that the staff carefully consider this and whether the change can benefit the future of the server or not.

Reactions: smax897

Lawnti

Dec 30, 2019
I'm writing this post to address an issue that I have constantly been facing not only in this server. I have tried to play Eggwars these past few months after a long break since it is one of my favourite games, however I keep finding myself in the rabbit-hole of the ranked individuals always voting for Overpowered mode. This voting system isn't very fair since it just forces people to pay for a rank to vote for their choice of gamemode or lose incentive to play the server all together. It seems a lot of people have lost motivation to play this server over the past few years which is a normal thing. The number of players dropped from approximately 30,000 players to 3200 players. Reworking the system of gamemode voting may not fix everything per se. But in my opinion, it may help to keep some members playing on the server longer if they can play gamemodes they want to play rather than being forced to play the gamemodes that more privileged members choose.
- Teddy
The only real reason why I don't vote for normal is because the items are too expensive. For example like steaks costs 5 iron and in overpowered 1. Same for a pickaxe in normal it costs 10 iron and in overpowered 1. There is not a real balance between these 2 types of games.

maflenoo

Dedicated Member
May 2, 2017
Egypt
Pronouns
He/Him
Hey! I agree with you that OP games are occupy more 90% of eggwars games. I prefer normal and I have some reasons to say that "OP is worse than normal". Let's explain why:
It's true that items are cheaper in OP than normal, but saying that games can be finished faster with OP is clearly false. When you play OP, you can get more & more stronger items than normal. That makes you camp more, especially in some maps such as: UnderDaSea/Jungle/Kingdom/Aztec/Oriental & any teams of 3 or 4 maps. Some maps such as Library/pizza/Mansion/Rome can't be finished without OP. But the advantage with normal that you don't have camp too much time to get a good stuff. Furthermore, when you are playing with a leather armor in normal, you can kill a full iron armor player. (It's too hard to do that in OP). I agree that there are some items hard to get faster in normal like meat, but I think it's not that big problem to wait one more minute to get better stuff in normal.

What do you think the best solution for mass OP games?
I think that changing the voting system will be a good idea! To change it from normal to OP/Hardcore, you have to get 3 votes on OP/Hardcore. It might reduce the amount of OP games a little bit. But it will make a change!

Thank you for reading my comment!
Give me your opinions about my suggestion.

XtremeElectrix

Aug 13, 2016
The White House.
Okay reading these it seems like the thread swerved off in a direction about steak prices and stuff. There seems to be a lot of people trying to justify the gameplay of Overpowered mode. But the ups and downs of Overpowered mode itself is not the core topic of this thread. The core topic is addressing the lack of options given to the players who can't/won't give monetary funds for a rank so they can vote. In simpler terms, people should be able to play the gamemodes they want to play, not the gamemodes that people who've paid get to choose. I don't want to have an argument on whether Overpowered is better than Normal mode and why. I simply am asking for a better solution to the issue of people not being able to play the games they want to. I think someone else addressed this too. Not many other servers have this type of Rank = Vote systems for their games (in fact, I haven't seen a single one in the 8 years I've been playing this game). I don't want to offer solutions or ideas to this however, since that should be the job of the server's staff, but I ask that the staff carefully consider this and whether the change can benefit the future of the server or not.

We haven't swerved off, we are discussing one of the main reasons WHY we get OP rather than normal. Overpriced steak in normal is one of the direct reasons that people show favouritism to OP mode.

Reactions: SpankMeSanta

XtremeElectrix

Aug 13, 2016
The White House.
Here is a pretty detailed MS paint visual.
Normal item pricing should be in the middle, but as of right now, it leans closer to hardcore items' pricing. It needs to be centred.
Pricing.PNG

Reactions: SpankMeSanta

TheZigbot9000

Dedicated Member
Jan 3, 2016
The North Obsidian Pillar in The End
The core topic is addressing the lack of options given to the players who can't/won't give monetary funds for a rank so they can vote. In simpler terms, people should be able to play the gamemodes they want to play, not the gamemodes that people who've paid get to choose.

I understand your frustration. Really I do, but like I said before, changing how things work with the voting is difficult. We can’t simply give everyone the right to vote as that will bring the value of having a rank down. Something needs to separate the ranks from the stone players and that’s what the voting system is designed to do.

smax897

Novice Member
Jul 10, 2020
North Korea
We haven't swerved off, we are discussing one of the main reasons WHY we get OP rather than normal. Overpriced steak in normal is one of the direct reasons that people show favouritism to OP mode.

I actually cannot tell whether you are saying this out of deliberate misdirection or honest ignorance. You haven't swerved off? Yes you have dude. The point of the thread was not to discuss the merits or demerits of OP or normal. It is honestly astonishing that you have failed to grasp that what you may take as a disadvantage of normal we may take as a strong advantage over OP.
Normal has been around for years, it was the dominant gamemode when EggWars was at its peak, and you're really trying to argue about prices and balance?
But that's besides the point. We normal players honestly don't care why YOU switched to OP. We just want to play normal (or hardcore, or whatever it may be).

I understand your frustration. Really I do, but like I said before, changing how things work with the voting is difficult. We can’t simply give everyone the right to vote as that will bring the value of having a rank down. Something needs to separate the ranks from the stone players and that’s what the voting system is designed to do.

This reply is honestly disappointing. You are a helper, your team runs the server, and all you can say is 'I dunno'? This reminds me a lot of the staff's reply on this post: https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/cubecraft-java-edition-is-dying-comfirmed.219669/. It seems all you guys can say when discussing serious problems is that they 'would be difficult to fix', yet you still wonder why your server is declining. Regarding your points about ranks, we've responded to that well over three times now but I'll say it again. You are fixated on the fact that you will devalue ranks, yet you completely disregard the value your server gives to the ordinary player. Again, perhaps this rank-fixation is why the server has experienced one of the sharpest declines?
hij6ro2.png

You say there would be no differentiation between ranks and non-ranks if you didn't have a voting system, yet this method is not used on any other server. How exactly are their ranks differentiated, then? And by that logic, how exactly is iron rank differentiated from non-ranks if they can't vote for the all-important gamemode?

Reactions: Teddy1424

gaIaxy

Novice Member
Feb 28, 2020
your mom's house
www.youtube.com
Pronouns
They/Them
The fights with overpowered last way too long. Usually I just leave the game when someone votes overpowered.
I think paying for it is ok, since the server is free and it costs money for them to run it.

Teddy1424

Sep 16, 2016
The fights with overpowered last way too long. Usually I just leave the game when someone votes overpowered.
I think paying for it is ok, since the server is free and it costs money for them to run it.
We should have every right to play whatever gamemode we want though. We shouldn't have to keep leaving when it's a gamemode we can't even vote for.

XtremeElectrix

Aug 13, 2016
The White House.

Half health mitigates this problem. Personally, longer fights are my forte, but I do understand hour long games simply are not for everyone.

Teddy1424

Sep 16, 2016
I actually cannot tell whether you are saying this out of deliberate misdirection or honest ignorance. You haven't swerved off? Yes you have dude. The point of the thread was not to discuss the merits or demerits of OP or normal. It is honestly astonishing that you have failed to grasp that what you may take as a disadvantage of normal we may take as a strong advantage over OP.
Normal has been around for years, it was the dominant gamemode when EggWars was at its peak, and you're really trying to argue about prices and balance?
But that's besides the point. We normal players honestly don't care why YOU switched to OP. We just want to play normal (or hardcore, or whatever it may be).

This reply is honestly disappointing. You are a helper, your team runs the server, and all you can say is 'I dunno'? This reminds me a lot of the staff's reply on this post: https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/cubecraft-java-edition-is-dying-comfirmed.219669/. It seems all you guys can say when discussing serious problems is that they 'would be difficult to fix', yet you still wonder why your server is declining. Regarding your points about ranks, we've responded to that well over three times now but I'll say it again. You are fixated on the fact that you will devalue ranks, yet you completely disregard the value your server gives to the ordinary player. Again, perhaps this rank-fixation is why the server has experienced one of the sharpest declines?
hij6ro2.png

You say there would be no differentiation between ranks and non-ranks if you didn't have a voting system, yet this method is not used on any other server. How exactly are their ranks differentiated, then? And by that logic, how exactly is iron rank differentiated from non-ranks if they can't vote for the all-important gamemode?
I entirely agree with this post. I hope the questions asked in it are addressed by some of the staff.

Members Online

Latest profile posts

This is YOUR daily dose of facts #20-
More tornadoes occur in the United Kingdom per square mile than in any other country in the world.
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Capitan's profile.
Congratulations on hitting over 4 000 in Reaction Score! 💙
some people need to talk to their internet provider to buy them a gym membership because theyre too FAT to take knockback
Top Bottom