• Yes

Votes: 43 93.5%
  • No

Votes: 3 6.5%

• Total voters

HackersDontWin

Partner
🤝 Partner 💜
Hello! Before I go ahead and write out this whole post, I want to say that I got this idea when speaking with @The Real Xevoro (Not a real tag as I'm not able to, but hopefully it works!).

Anyways, into the suggestion!
I've seen many players suggesting a new leaderboard for kills, eggs, shots, etc., but no one has thought of a solution for this feature as it always ended up with "There's no space in the lobby, it won't work", but I have a solution for that! :)

Let me setup the scenario for you:
This is what you currently see when facing the leaderboards (In this case, the EggWars leaderboards):
2017-11-02_23.43.29.png
You will be looking at the regular leaderboards that CubeCraft has had for a long time that only shows top player wins, but what if we spice it up a bit? Maybe with a toggle feature? But then how would players toggle the leaderboard then? Oh I know! A sign! Let me go into photoshop and add one!
*5 minutes later*
Final product of how the 'togglable' leaderboard would look like!:
1.png
As you can see, we now have a sign where the top 2 lines will tell us what we're currently looking at (In this case, wins! (I technically had no choice as the lobbies only show this statistic on the leaderboards :p) but being able to display all 'relevant' statistic would be awesome such as Wins, Kills and a game-specific statistic, for example in EggWars it would also count for Eggs broken), and the last line will tell the player how they would toggle the leaderboard! (By clicking on the sign! Doesn't matter if it's a left or right click :p)

Apart from that, I only have 1 idea that can go with it to look 'better' in my opinion is to have it so whenever you change lobbies/servers, the leaderboards show the win statistics to the player by default as I believe saving what the player has chosen will just be extra work, messy and unnecessary.

Concluding, hopefully you think like me and want this feature added not to only EggWars, but all of the leaderboards on the network! I'll be leaving a 'Yes' or 'No' poll on this thread so if you don't feel like replying, you can just use the poll instead, but comments are more appreciated! Now... It's time for me to sleep. Got college tomorrow and it's currently past midnight, cya!

~ HDW :)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 169486

Just so were clear, clicking it would change it to the top 5 kills, then another would change it to the top 5 of another thing, then again for another click? If so I think there should be some way to see what order there come in, so you don't spam click to get from one to another and miss it by accident

remio

Forum Professional
Sep 18, 2016
The Netherlands
www.youtube.com
Hello! Before I go ahead and write out this whole post, I want to say that I got this idea when speaking with @The Real Xevoro (Not a real tag as I'm not able to, but hopefully it works!).

Anyways, into the suggestion!
I've seen many players suggesting a new leaderboard for kills, eggs, shots, etc., but no one has thought of a solution for this feature as it always ended up with "There's no space in the lobby, it won't work", but I have a solution for that! :)

Let me setup the scenario for you:
This is what you currently see when facing the leaderboards (In this case, the EggWars leaderboards):
You will be looking at the regular leaderboards that CubeCraft has had for a long time that only shows top player wins, but what if we spice it up a bit? Maybe with a toggle feature? But then how would players toggle the leaderboard then? Oh I know! A sign! Let me go into photoshop and add one!
*5 minutes later*
Final product of how the 'togglable' leaderboard would look like!:
As you can see, we now have a sign where the top 2 lines will tell us what we're currently looking at (In this case, wins! (I technically had no choice as the lobbies only show this statistic on the leaderboards :p) but being able to display all 'relevant' statistic would be awesome such as Wins, Kills and a game-specific statistic, for example in EggWars it would also count for Eggs broken), and the last line will tell the player how they would toggle the leaderboard! (By clicking on the sign! Doesn't matter if it's a left or right click :p)

Apart from that, I only have 1 idea that can go with it to look 'better' in my opinion is to have it so whenever you change lobbies/servers, the leaderboards show the win statistics to the player by default as I believe saving what the player has chosen will just be extra work, messy and unnecessary.

Concluding, hopefully you think like me and want this feature added not to only EggWars, but all of the leaderboards on the network! I'll be leaving a 'Yes' or 'No' poll on this thread so if you don't feel like replying, you can just use the poll instead, but comments are more appreciated! Now... It's time for me to sleep. Got college tomorrow and it's currently past midnight, cya!

~ HDW :)
This is an amazing idea!
You only need 1 leaderboard for all the stats!
Good idea, +1 :).

Reactions: HackersDontWin

PuDDingMaSter

Jun 13, 2016
behind you
your idea is great. it saves space and makes the leader boards more efficient.

i would like to suggest that 1 thing is added. an extra position(currently there are 5positions of the top 5players) that shows your current ranking position. clicking the sign will do the same thing to your ranking

i think if that was added aswell as this great idea of yours then leaderboards will be heaps more easy to use

Reactions: HackersDontWin

Story

Forum Professional
Jan 30, 2014
Glasgow
letterboxd.com
Beautiful idea, gotta love the small things.

I think that this suggestion is almost perfect other than my main quarrel which is how messy the leaderboard system could get. Sometimes it's better to keep things simple, kills & wins are main statistics that matter, other statistics tend to follow those ones. If a player has a load of wins then they will likely be top or close in all other stats. Having all the other statistics available would make for a very complicated system in my opinion, but it could very well work and it seems that most of you agree.

giphy.gif

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

I was just looking at the member list when I discovered something. I fail to believe that I am probably the first and the only person to have "Mint" in their username (probably).
I mean- come on, it isn't that bad-
how.PNG

I wanted to promote random people to admins and demote all the old staff, but here I am.
a9o2 wrote on camulos's profile.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!😍
a9o2 wrote on ItsWilliam32's profile.
Happy birthday! 🥰
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on henlo5964's profile.
Happy Birthday!:D
Reesle wrote on henlo5964's profile.
Happy Birthday Henlo! 🎊
Top Bottom