Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Modulo

Dec 30, 2019
I will preface this by saying that I am not artistically talented at all. I have made my own skins, but they are quite simple design-wise. This is not a lesson in skin design, but I will be highlighting features of Bedrock skins that I think more people should utilize.

The easy way to get a skin for the Bedrock edition is to search websites such as namemc or planetminecraft and find one you like. However, these skins are made primarily for the Java edition, and therefore don't take advantage of the different limitations and features for skins on the Bedrock edition. Here are some features you can take advantage of to help you build off your Java skin or improve your existing Bedrock skin.

Higher Resolution
A Java skin uses a 64x64 image, but Bedrock skins also accommodate 128x128 images for skins. HD skins (as I will refer to them) use the same format as normal skins (for lack of a better term) so all you need to do is scale the image size up by a factor of 2 in each dimension. So you have a HD version of a normal skin, what now? Add detail. Clothing can look much better with the higher resolution, so can hair. You can make fading colors smoother or add slight textures. However, I would advise keeping facial features like eyes and mouth to normal resolution since it looks more "Minecraft-y." Skins like this just look weird.

Blank and Translucent Pixels
If you leave pixels blank on the base layer of Java skins, they show as black in game. On Bedrock, they don't show up at all. This means you can have holes going straight through your skins.
(and yes, you can make mostly invisible skins, but thats kinda cringe)
Also, on the outer layers of Java skins, you can have pixels be translucent or not be fully opaque. On Bedrock, these pixels will be fully opaque and you will be unable to see through them.

Custom Geometry
You are not limited to the default or slim character models for your skins. You can have any shape you want, so long as it accommodates a 128x128 file for texturing. However, if you make skins like these yourself, chances are that other players will only be able to see them on single player worlds. Many servers, CubeCraft included, will show you as a different skin if your skin has an unsupported geometry. (a dev can probably explain this better) Although, skins on the marketplace with custom geometries are almost always supported on servers.

Notes:
- Custom skins are definitely supported on Win10 and Mobile devices. From my understanding, it is either quite difficult, or impossible to get them on console, but it depends on which one you use.
- Custom capes exist, but once again, only for Win10 and Mobile devices. I would advise asking around or looking it up if you are interested.

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Cursedpug89's profile.
Long time no see lad!
Frontlane wrote on Puov's profile.
hoi
Finally some free time in the upcoming days. Time to play sw and skyblock hehehehhe
Eli wrote on Eli Shane's profile.
Legend
Eli
This app feature is so convenient!

1713280002706.png
Top Bottom