Votes: 4 57.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Deeds

Forum Veteran
Oct 2, 2016
Texas, US
DISCLAIMER!!!!!
yes most people probably wont like it but its extremely useful.

Hello people of Cubecraft!
Today I will present something (slightly) new!
A Skywars Timer!
Here is why:

Timer.png

As you can see, this guy made a MASSIVE safebridge. No joke I was in that game for 30 minutes. 20 minutes dealing with this guy.

So, due to this and other issues, I suggest adding a 10 minute timer.
After the 10 minute timer is up, the outer barrier will slowly close in, destroying any blocks in its path, forcing campers to go to mid ASAP!
After 10 minutes is up, a message like this will pop up in chat: "BARRIERS ARE NOW CONDENSING" or something along those lines.
On the sidebar, there will be a timer counting down from 10:00 minutes. After its up, the above will happen. The condensing shouldn't take more than 2 minutes.

(I didn't do a Dragon "Sudden Death" because people would yell at me for me "copying" lowpikel)

Feel free to post your thoughts down below :rolleyes:

Reactions: MalakMos

Power Ranger

Forum Professional
Apr 20, 2016
The ♡
www.cubecraft.net
I've never ended up in a skywars game that was longer than 10 minutes and I don't think this is necessary at all. If something like that happens just try to get into their own safe bridge/island or report them for camping. A barrier just seems unfair and would give the player at the center a huge advantage by forcing other players to quickly bridge towards center, where they could easily be sniped off.

MalakMos

Novice Member
Feb 25, 2017
Kuwait
DISCLAIMER!!!!!
yes most people probably wont like it but its extremely useful.

Hello people of Cubecraft!
Today I will present something (slightly) new!
A Skywars Timer!
Here is why:

View attachment 134185

As you can see, this guy made a MASSIVE safebridge. No joke I was in that game for 30 minutes. 20 minutes dealing with this guy.

So, due to this and other issues, I suggest adding a 10 minute timer.
After the 10 minute timer is up, the outer barrier will slowly close in, destroying any blocks in its path, forcing campers to go to mid ASAP!
After 10 minutes is up, a message like this will pop up in chat: "BARRIERS ARE NOW CONDENSING" or something along those lines.
On the sidebar, there will be a timer counting down from 10:00 minutes. After its up, the above will happen. The condensing shouldn't take more than 2 minutes.

(I didn't do a Dragon "Sudden Death" because people would yell at me for me "copying" lowpikel)

Feel free to post your thoughts down below :rolleyes:
Great idea. This should be added so that it could prevent players from camping after 10 minutes.
Keep up the great work!

Thank you. :)

Deeds

Forum Veteran
Oct 2, 2016
Texas, US
I've never ended up in a skywars game that was longer than 10 minutes and I don't think this is necessary at all. If something like that happens just try to get into their own safe bridge/island or report them for camping. A barrier just seems unfair and would give the player at the center a huge advantage by forcing other players to quickly bridge towards center, where they could easily be sniped off.
They could have gone to mid earlier then.
It would be their fault for going there too late.

Ducky

Forum Professional
Dec 31, 2015
The Netherlands
No. In almost every Skywars game where I am in, nobody goes to the middle and this wouldn't be fun and nice for the Skywars game. Stronger, this would ruin the Skywars game. I love Skywars like how it is now and I'd like to keep that.

N

Nikboo

Moved to the Suggestions forum. :)

Anyways, I don't think many community members would actually like this idea however, I quite do.

Whenever I punish someone for camping, it just feels wrong in my opinion. I don't think players need to be punished for playing the game in an annoying way.

Also, it's always annoying to have to deal with regular campers at your doorstep.

Some sort of Deathmatch would in fact sort various problems and I personally think it would make Skywars games a lot more fun. If Cube does add a deathmatch, the time of when it starts should be down to the map that is being played. For example, a quick and leds campy map like Mushrooms (Solo) should start their deathmatch quicker than a map which is longer like Swords (Solo).

Even with my opinion, I don't really think many of the old time players will like this idea.

Perhaps what Cube could do to satisfy both parties is add a a 'Retro' version of Skywars which includes absolutely no world events but create a newer Skywars which has all sorts of cool and exciting events such as Chest Refills, Deathmatches, etc.

ItsDavey_

Forum Expert
Nov 23, 2014
the Netherlands
No, because in revamped maps, everything is closer to each other, and easier to beat campers. Also I don't want This because you might get stress because there's a timer.

In almost every skywars game I play there are less campers because everything is closer to each other. And If you want to go to an island, it's not possible to get there because you would starve.

I'm sorry But I don't want this to be added. Sorry

iLoveYouu

Forum Veteran
Oct 18, 2015
I disagree with this, of course I don't like camping, but players can also camp at mid making it really difficult for players to come over and fight you. Your example kind of shows this as well, just because you were in middle probably shooting him a bunch he had to create such a massive safebridge..

Reactions: Despacito 2

Despacito 2

Forum Professional
Dec 6, 2015
NO!
> Making so chests refill after a while could fix this problem.
Campers wouldn't be able to loot other islands chests. Meaning that it could give them quite a disadvantage.

> Fix the swords map.
It's broken. Bringing islands closer to one another will definitely reduce the amount of campers.

Youri8721

Aug 8, 2016
No because you have to play a game just out!
Cubecraft can get a blockade put down how far you can build up?

GeldHaftige

Dedicated Member
May 4, 2017
Belgium
I understand your problem and I know that it is annoying that there is a person that is camping, as on your picture. You can report camper/trolling/griefing on the website, but it is never accepted, When I have made a report of a person that is doing that.

I don't think that adding a timer on skywars the best equation is, but I see your point of your suggestion. This is already suggested by eggwars and that wasn't also the nest idea. The game takes also a long time, If you make a trap and making a trap is also a little bit camping and you troll him, I remember that a friend of me a person has reported that has made a trap, because trolling and camping isn't allowed. Anyway stay on topic, sorry but I disagree, but I have another suggestion based on your problem.

My suggestion: is for making a deathmatch, after 15 minutes you will teleport to an area and you have to fight against your opponent.

@Hypixel Network
Can you Please change your name, this isn't the right place for having a name of another server...

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
I really don't like the idea of forcing players to go to the middle. There are plenty of reasons not to go there, one being that you're cycling through the islands to kill everyone that way. Another reason being a prepared trap set on the island.
It'd be a shame if traps went to waste due to the border that would only give mid more of an advantage.
Aside from that, what do you do when you're at mid? I'd try to prevent anyone from coming over if this feature existed, because free win! Since TNT boosting exists (but needs to be fixed), it'd be a free win for them! No pesky bridge left behind for people to follow AND free loot at mid!
Sorry, but I don't like mid being the aim of the game.

Members Online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Matriox wrote on Blom's profile.
Hi Blom
Matriox wrote on Hoshi's profile.
🧙‍♂️
UncleSpect wrote on Reesle's profile.
hoiiii rees 🤍
UncleSpect wrote on Amazinq's profile.
when helper
Matriox wrote on Reesle's profile.
You're very creative with your bundle and Skyblock Island ideas! You could be writing the specifications for Cube updates
Top Bottom