Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

zzRouxfop / xAkkek

Aug 2, 2020
Inside a 老干妈 jar
so i was thinking about changes to bedrock, and i was wondering...

"should we have two different versions of pvp?"

to explain, i want to have both 1.8 and 1.9 versions of cubecraft because i think both pvp versions are fun. yes 1.8 pvp is very fun because you can abuse your mouse, but sometimes i just wanna take it nice and slow and play some good ol' 1.9.

Reactions: Colleeee

zzRouxfop / xAkkek

Aug 2, 2020
Inside a 老干妈 jar
I don’t understand, sorry ):
What do you mean?

i was considering having 1.9 pvp on bedrock. sure, 1.8 is fast paced and fun, but after trying 1.9 pvp on java, i was wondering about adding 1.9 pvp to CC so that bedrock players can play 1.8 or 1.9.

i think 1.9 pvp will be fun, especially for mobile and console players because in 1.8 pvp, PC players get a heavy edge because they can rack 20 CPS really easily, giving them a advantage. meanwhile, 1.9 pvp is easier on console and mobile players because they don't have to spam.

RenderMelon

Novice Member
Oct 24, 2020
Nispen, The Netherlands
donutlabs.dev
The developers would probably have to rewrite A LOT of their existing code. And do you want just 1.9 PVP or being able to choose between 1.9 and 1.8? How would that be fair to the people who prefer 1.7? Also, I have been playing Hypixel 1.8 PVP for 2 years and my personal record is 10cps, so that's not even close to 'rack 20cps really easily'.

Anyways, I think this is way too much work to add 1.9 PVP and it's fine this way.

Reactions: xHappyMood

zzRouxfop / xAkkek

Aug 2, 2020
Inside a 老干妈 jar
The developers would probably have to rewrite A LOT of their existing code. And do you want just 1.9 PVP or being able to choose between 1.9 and 1.8? How would that be fair to the people who prefer 1.7? Also, I have been playing Hypixel 1.8 PVP for 2 years and my personal record is 10cps, so that's not even close to 'rack 20cps really easily'.

Anyways, I think this is way too much work to add 1.9 PVP and it's fine this way.

i want it so that players could choose if they want 1.8 or 1.9 combat.

and by racking up 20 cps easily, i mean that some mice (like the glorious model o or the razer deathadder (an older model of it)) can double click, or register 2 clicks when slapping the mouse button

ParkourCanadian

Novice Member
Sep 17, 2020
The United Nations of Planet Canada
so i was thinking about changes to bedrock, and i was wondering...

"should we have two different versions of pvp?"

to explain, i want to have both 1.8 and 1.9 versions of cubecraft because i think both pvp versions are fun. yes 1.8 pvp is very fun because you can abuse your mouse, but sometimes i just wanna take it nice and slow and play some good ol' 1.9.

My responses:

For those who are confused at what @crypticCub3r631 is saying, he is suggesting that CubeCraft essentially turn Bedrock edition of CubeCraft into Java edition, combat-update wise. This means that he wants us to have to wait every time we want to swing our sword to do the maximum damage.

Now, on to my thoughts...
I disagree. Most of the players are playing on the Bedrock edition of CubeCraft because they dislike 1.9 combat!

I 100% dislike this idea because not only do a lot of the people only play on Bedrock edition because of the 1.8-style combat. However, your statement about how this makes PvP easier for mobile/console players is not entirely true. Since PC players have way more advanced mobility, this also allows them to use this in PvP (strafing, rushing, etc). If the PE/console players can't keep up, not only will they lose their advantage of being able to hit someone anywhere on their screen, but they also have to deal with hitting them a lot less.
Also keep in mind that console players don't have the abilities as PE players (they can't aim anywhere on their screen like a mobile player can), they have to be looking directly at them. With a speed cap of how fast they can look around, this makes it even worse for console players. I'm sorry, but I just don't agree with your suggestion. I disagree on both your main points, and from my perspective as a largely PC-player.

Nevertheless, you made the effort to create a post about a game mechanic you want changed and I applaud you for that! :D

zzRouxfop / xAkkek

Aug 2, 2020
Inside a 老干妈 jar
My responses:

For those who are confused at what @crypticCub3r631 is saying, he is suggesting that CubeCraft essentially turn Bedrock edition of CubeCraft into Java edition, combat-update wise. This means that he wants us to have to wait every time we want to swing our sword to do the maximum damage.

Now, on to my thoughts...
I disagree. Most of the players are playing on the Bedrock edition of CubeCraft because they dislike 1.9 combat!

I 100% dislike this idea because not only do a lot of the people only play on Bedrock edition because of the 1.8-style combat. However, your statement about how this makes PvP easier for mobile/console players is not entirely true. Since PC players have way more advanced mobility, this also allows them to use this in PvP (strafing, rushing, etc). If the PE/console players can't keep up, not only will they lose their advantage of being able to hit someone anywhere on their screen, but they also have to deal with hitting them a lot less.
Also keep in mind that console players don't have the abilities as PE players (they can't aim anywhere on their screen like a mobile player can), they have to be looking directly at them. With a speed cap of how fast they can look around, this makes it even worse for console players. I'm sorry, but I just don't agree with your suggestion. I disagree on both your main points, and from my perspective as a largely PC-player.

Nevertheless, you made the effort to create a post about a game mechanic you want changed and I applaud you for that! :D

i'm not saying that CC should entirely switch to 1.9 combat, i mean that they should have both side-by-side

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Sergiio12 wrote on LoveAndMafia's profile.
Alejaaaandro
Blom wrote on Lyriie's profile.
Lyriie, sorry for bullying you all the time :o
Ur an amazing staff member <3
mojang nerf mobile players pls
Someone nerfed me because I can't find those hidden chests as easily anymore.. I won't stop trying tho >:c
Top Bottom