Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Do you want this to be added?

• Total voters
D

Deleted member 469419

Hi,

Welcome back to another suggestion, this time it is about bump posts, I've been thinking on a better system that would give a better image to the forums and would avoid other non-worrisome issues.

As many of you may know, exists a rule/right which basically consist in bring the suggestion up to the top, so if it got unnoticed, the members who are online in that moment are able to see it.

Currently the only way to make a bump post it's commenting on that suggestion (always respecting at necro-posting rule). So I've come up to the following conclusion: Why not adding it as a forums thread-tool?

IMG_20201214_212718.jpg

Features:
  • There will be an option called "Bump post" or "Make a bumping" which if you click on it, the thread will automatically bring to the top.
  • It's important to know that this bump could be only done twice as states in the rules.
  • When you click over the option, you won't need any message of any kind, it automatically will go to the latest thread top.
  • As you may know, I suggested yesterday a necro-posting warning to avoid the replying on old threads, so if this get added, when a thread is older than 3 weeks, it will impossible to make a bump post by that option since it will be locked. Even though I can understand it may be bit difficult since XenForo doesn't allow some specific stuff as you may know.

Positive things:

• It gives a nice shape to the forums thread-tools, since the only one you can use it's the 'edit thread/option' title, so this mean it's basically empty, which in my opinion need more useful tools for threads.
  • It won't make necessary to post a message on any thread/suggestion, so you don't get a free unnecessary message.
  • You'll only have to click over this previously mentioned option to bump a thread.
Thanks for reading it out, don't forget your feedback!

D

Deleted member 469419

Hey!

Thread changes:
  • A poll has been created. Feel free to vote on it and share your feedback with us!
  • Tags has been added to make an easier search.

Edit: I made a mistake so the poll has been re-created. This mean that the votes has been lost. So if you voted, just do it again.

~ Thank you!

This would be a really cool feature, if this is possible to add I support the idea! +1

Take this message to thank you for your support <3

Reactions: Maaarijn

TEM0

Novice Member
May 17, 2017
Asturias, Spain
HEy dude this is a great suggestion, since I've seen lots of suggestions that only got 1-5 people that could read it, adding this "bump" system almost everyone that get in the forums will be able to see it and give an opinion on it

Mqxti

Novice Member
Oct 13, 2020
Jupiter 🌌
www.youtube.com
Love this idea, and could see it saving many great suggestions that go un-noticed. Although, if this is not currently a feature available with the Xenforo forums software it will be impossible for Cube to implement this. If that's the case you will then need to suggest this on the Xenforo forums so that their developers can include this feature in their next update. If it does end up getting implemented Cube could then update Xenforo to its latest version with your thread-bumps feature added!
(I'm not sure if the Xenforo developers are still active, or if Cube updates Xenforo due to corruption/data-loss risks.)
But, if there is a thread-bumps feature currently available in the Xenforo version that Cube uses it should be as easy as toggling a feature. Hopefully an Admin/web-developer can clarify sometime soon =]

Axyy

Forum Expert
Oct 18, 2016
Gone
www.cubecraft.net
Love this idea, and could see it saving many great suggestions that go un-noticed. Although, if this is not currently a feature available with the Xenforo forums software it will be impossible for Cube to implement this. If that's the case you will then need to suggest this on the Xenforo forums so that their developers can include this feature in their next update. If it does end up getting implemented Cube could then update Xenforo to its latest version with your thread-bumps feature added!
(I'm not sure if the Xenforo developers are still active, or if Cube updates Xenforo due to corruption/data-loss risks.)
But, if there is a thread-bumps feature currently available in the Xenforo version that Cube uses it should be as easy as toggling a feature. Hopefully an Admin/web-developer can clarify sometime soon =]
I believe there already is a community made XenForo-addon for this.

D

Deleted member 469419

I'm not so much into XenForo stuff, so I'll have to look it tomorrow, it's late and gotta go now to sleep because I get up early tomorrow.

Edit: As @Axyy said, it's possible that there will be already an add-on of this.

Thanks for the feedback.

Reactions: Mqxti
D

Deleted member 469419

Literally googled "XenForo bump post" and I found this out: https://xenforo.com/community/threads/banxix-bump-thread.162904/

So it's possible

Critly

Forum Expert
May 23, 2018
Poland but live in Belgium
Hi there!
I really liked this, as already some people said above ^
And it would also look like fancier in my openion if ''BUMP'' would get a cool message if someone would bump there thread.
Really like this. Goodluck with getting this implemented!
-Critly

D

Deleted member 469419

Hi there!
I really liked this, as already some people said above ^
Really like this. Goodluck with getting this implemented!
-Critly

First of all, thank you so much for your support to this thread!

And it would also look like fancier in my openion if ''BUMP'' would get a cool message if someone would bump there thread.

In order to clarify the things: Even though it's true it would be nice to have something like this implemented, it's not what I was originally suggesting. The main idea was about being able to bump threads easily and not need to reply to the thread to bump this. Also, along with this, I was also suggesting to implement this as a tool.

Thanks again for your support!
PD: Don't forget to vote in the poll hehe

• Love
Reactions: Critly

404Owl

Dedicated Member
Mar 18, 2020
the procrasti-nation
Sounds good to me, I don’t really see any downsides. I would say maybe to limit the number of times a thread can be bumped to once per day just to avoid it always being at the top and not giving other threads a chance to be seen.

Overall, sounds like a good QoL change and also a change that will help stop message farming.

+1

D

Deleted member 469419

Hey,

Thanks for the feedback! @iLuvQwls

maybe to limit the number of times a thread can be bumped to once per day

Yes. This is mentioned on the thread. It would stay as it's now stated on the rules (2 bump post).

Although I've been thinking on a modification of this since you won't be farming messages. You'll be able to increase or decrease the number of bumpings regardless of the thread type.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 404Owl

404Owl

Dedicated Member
Mar 18, 2020
the procrasti-nation
Hey,

Thanks for the feedback! @iLuvQwls

Yes. This is mentioned on the thread. It would stay as it's now stated on the rules (2 bump post).

Although I've been thinking on a modification of this since you won't be farming messages. You could increase or decrease the number of bumpings regardless of the thread type.
Ooo sorry, I didnt see that part. I was looking thru like 5 different notifs and was in a little bit if a rush lol

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Aratic wrote on Casualpoalrbear's profile.
888CE285-5E28-4694-ABEA-3BABCFA6FDE4.jpeg

I’m slowly going to take over all the polarbears, jimothy is first and he is my TeamReach pfp, you won’t be able to stop me :)
UncleSpect wrote on Puov's profile.
hoi
Evaluatiefout wrote on Puov's profile.
hoi
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Cursedpug89's profile.
Long time no see lad!
Top Bottom