Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink
I plan to go out soon so I'll keep this thread as brief as possible:
Skywars has always been one of my least favourite games on Minecraft, and as unpopular of an opinion as it might be, I think it's extremely overrated. After this update, I think I actually like it now. Still not as much as Lucky Islands of course, but it's actually something I'd consider playing now.

Camping
Remember when camping was a thing that people did? Me too, considering it was only yesterday. But now? Let's just say the 'No Projectiles' vote option is my baby; I am never playing without it again. Camping is pretty much impossible with what has instantly become my favourite Skywars voting option.
upload_2017-9-29_16-33-2.png

Oh, but you can't vote for it because you're a Stone rank? Well, now you have your own weapon: The counter-camp. All you have to do is wait a few minutes for the chest refill, and you'll probably find an enderpearl. Hell, you'll probably find three.

The kits
Honestly, one of the worst things about yesterday's Skywars. Games would comprise of one of two things: Players using the armour kit, and players using the sword kit. After the nerf, these kits are still good, but that's all they are; good. They're not a thousand times better than every other kit anymore, they're just good.

Also, I love the concept of the enderpearl kit. You get a little bit of armour early on, just to help you hold off. If you survive for long enough, you get an enderpearl way before anybody else is able to get one. Plus, the nerf to 'Scout' was wonderful. It's still my favourite kit, but is nowhere near as useful as it used to be.

Achievements
The achievements now serve as a tutorial of sorts for this game. They encourage you to enchant, craft, snipe from a distance, snipe without wasting your arrows like a plum, and go on crazy killstreaks. Plus, the achievements are one of my favourite things about this server, so yay! \o/

Statistics
You're now told a lot more about how well you did after either being the last player/team alive, or dying. For instance, you're told your position overall, how long the game lasted, the number of kills you got, and even your bow accuracy. This really didn't need to exist, but I'm pleased with it :)

'No Projectiles' vote option
I know I already mentioned this, but this is a wonderful addition. Who would've thought that removing a couple of items could change the way the game plays so much? No more camping, tons of rushing, plenty of fights, and much faster games.

Loot changes & refills
The loot changes actually make the game fair. Gone are the days of RNG, where you'd either get a Punch I bow and a diamond chestplate & legs or be forced to leave the game.

The refills not only offer a reason not to camp and instead to conquer as much territory as possible by brute force, but also give less fortunate peasants a second roll on the dice to get the loot that they need. If I have any complaints about the update though, it's that golden apples and enderpearls are a little too common in the refilled chests. Enderpearls aren't too big of a deal, but golden apples essentially turn even Basic chest games into games of 'Who can break the enemy's armour first?', a game usually only found in the OP chest-type.

Edit: I also adore how many different pieces of equipment there are. I've seen a couple of people now express their distaste for this change, but I personally love the effect it has. Basically, you won't just be seeing say, Fire Protection I chestplates anymore. No, you'll be seeing a whole array of enchantments. This changes the way that you approach people, and adds even greater value to armour. Sure, you could make do with that shiny diamond chestplate, or you could go kill some mortals and find a better version of the same item, thereby improving your chances of winning.

RIP No Chests/Abilities mode
I'm sure there are a few salty spittoons out there who are upset about the absence of this game. Personally, I only ever played it when a friend of mine couldn't afford one of the two 'click here to win' kits (Swordsman, Iron Golem). Because these kits have been nerfed, I imagine this variant to Skywars would've hastily died had it not been removed. So, don't be too sad about its removal c:

Message for 'Gotcha_'
I played a game earlier with a player called 'Gotcha_'. Just in case they somehow find this thread, I just want to say thanks for being such a good sport after what happened. I would personally have thrown my keyboard, lmao.

Thanks for this update! I was strangely optimistic about it since I heard the kit nerfs were happening last month, and was not disappointed :3

Last edited:
Members Online

Latest profile posts

Eli wrote on ArslanShakirov's profile.
Hey, thanks for the follow!!
BurgerCat13 wrote on Xi1m's profile.
Thanks for the follow🧡🧡
Basketman wrote on Mr Jii Gamer's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎈
Eli wrote on Foxy011's profile.
Happy Birthday!!
Eli wrote on Mr Jii Gamer's profile.
Happy Birthday!!!!!
Top Bottom