Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

h0pefulll

Novice Member
Jan 2, 2021
Pronouns
He/Him
Hey y'all, this is something new that came up on the Notion Board recently that I don't think many of you are aware of, but would probably be of concern/interest.
Here's what it says:

What will this update contain?​

• New store design
  • Ranks re-enabled to be purchasable
  • Reducing ranks from 6 to 3: Iron, Diamond, Obsidian
    • Iron & Lapiz > Iron
    • Gold & Diamond > Diamond
    • Emerald & Obisidian > Obsidian
  • Changing lifetime ranks into subscription ranks
    • Existing lifetime ranks will be converted into permanent subscriptions
    • Existing rank holders won’t lose perks they already have
    • Perks will merge into the new ranks, Iron will now get Lapiz perks, same with Gold getting Diamond perks, and Emerald getting Obsidian perks.
  • New rank purchases will be monthly subscriptions, rather than lifetime permanent
  • Disabling CubeCraft Plus subscriptions
  • Merging some CubeCraft Plus perks into the 3 subscription ranks
  • Changing party slot and friend slot sizes for ranks
  • Changing how voting works with ranks
  • Adding new perks to ranks
What do y'all think about this? Personally, I very much dislike subscription services (there's way too many nowadays!), but depending on the price, it'll be better than paying for the exorbitant prices that the ranks had previously.

Hoshi

Speedy Wing Rush Gonzales
Aug 4, 2017
meow meow
youtube.com
Pronouns
She/Her
I think the subscription ranks are an interesting take on how they could do it. I’ve seen it before on other servers’ stores where all the ranks were subscription ranks, but all of them that I’ve seen were quite expensive… Let’s hope that CubeCraft’s ones will stay somewhat inexpensive.

There is, unfortunately, one downside to this that I am quite upset about, especially as I am an Obsidian rank holder myself, which is that players who paid less for another rank - by about 40(?) EUR - will get an upgrade to the same rank. I personally think that’s a little unfair towards players who actually paid the full amount. I’m not sure how they would manage to let us keep the perks we had before, but I hope they find a way to properly do so. Otherwise, a compensation would be nice.

Also, I am really wondering whether or not players who still have a Plus subscription will keep their cages. I quite like them…

Miki18

Jul 23, 2020
Why subscription? I don't like subscriptions. I really prefer to buy a lifetime rank even if it will be very expensive. I really like a lifetime ranks on cubecraft and I didn't see any people who hate that. So I don't understand why cubecraft decided to change ranks for subscription. The only reason I see here is that cubecraft needs more money, but I believe that there are better ways to gain more money than subscription ranks. Luckly "Existing lifetime ranks will be converted into permanent subscriptions".

Salty_Shadows

Forum Expert
May 25, 2020
Underground
www.youtube.com
Pronouns
He/Him
Why subscription? I don't like subscriptions. I really prefer to buy a lifetime rank even if it will be very expensive. I really like a lifetime ranks on cubecraft and I didn't see any people who hate that. So I don't understand why cubecraft decided to change ranks for subscription. The only reason I see here is that cubecraft needs more money, but I believe that there are better ways to gain more money than subscription ranks. Luckly "Existing lifetime ranks will be converted into permanent subscriptions".
The switch to subscription ranks is a smart idea with it meaning a guaranteed revenue stream from java compared to months earning more than others because of lifetime ranks and with java's player count being lower than it has been for a few years the addition of subscriptions will benefit it more than it did with Lifetime

Reactions: Hoshi

Miki18

Jul 23, 2020
The switch to subscription ranks is a smart idea with it meaning a guaranteed revenue stream from java compared to months earning more than others because of lifetime ranks and with java's player count being lower than it has been for a few years the addition of subscriptions will benefit it more than it did with Lifetime
Yeah... so they did it for money... I hope it will bring more content to cubecraft java (because they will have more money)

Members Online

Members online

Latest profile posts

Xi1m wrote on TheOrderOfSapphire's profile.
us fr
Untitled356_20240416075428.png
Eli
6,666 Reaction score, nice.

Stay tuned for 66,666!
Eli
Come on, let's reach the ultra evil number...
1713239597971.png
Eli
I, I wanna be in the room where it happens
The room where it happens
Casualpoalrbear wrote on Xi1m's profile.
What a very weird and Spefic profile picture neighbor.
Top Bottom