Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Should it be possible to contact staff in game?

• Total voters

Marrubi

Nov 9, 2015
So recently there have been quite a few people spamming the ever living heck out of the lobby... and staff is doing absolutely nothing about it.

I've tried reporting it, but it says my information is wrong each time I try, and it won't let me get the password reset.

And it's just really annoying. I've been on other servers where it's easy to contact staff and say 'Hey, x is happening in y. Could you take a look at it?' And the staff is happy to help.

But not so on this server. It makes it seem like staff doesn't care at all about their server. And it's really sad, because Cubecraft is a nice server.

Reactions: MClicious

Power Ranger

Forum Professional
Apr 20, 2016
The ♡
www.cubecraft.net
In game contact of staff would be spammed a ton as there are just too many players and not enough staff to cover every game. The best way to contact staff if its absolutely urgent is by Discord Currently staff can only enter lobbies and ffa/assassins games so sadly they cant do anything if something is happening in another game ♡ :3

Reactions: hgbf

TriangleAttack

Dedicated Member
Mar 13, 2016
Lestallum
fireemblem.wikia.com
As said above, staff would be spammed.
If someone contacted a staff saying they "think" someone is hscking, it would be a waste of their time.

Also if your reports are not getting through contact someone staff to see why. The staff truly care about this server.

There are some staff that hide in lobbies...see @FadedRoses
If you have any other questions ask them Now!

By the way, what server are you referring to?

Marrubi

Nov 9, 2015
It might be spamed, but it would also really help.
If there are people who are spamming it, it would be easy to mute them or take away their privilege.
Those who abuse it shouldn't have it taken away from those who really need it.

Whenever I go to log in, it says it's the wrong information.
But it's not.
I'm here, aren't I?

I don't think you should have to download something in order to get the attention of staff.

For example:
Go to lobby 2.
You'll see what I'm talking about.
This has been going on for days.
But apparently staff cares so much, they let it continue.

Jeff_Bllkth

Forum Expert
Jul 7, 2016
Spain
bit.ly

Power Ranger

Forum Professional
Apr 20, 2016
The ♡
www.cubecraft.net
I don't think you should have to download something in order to get the attention of staff.
you dont need to download it if you followed the guide and registered an account you are able to use the browser version ♡ you don't login with a forums account if thats what you are trying ♡

Marrubi

Nov 9, 2015
I don't know if you have already done this but, you should read this: https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/how-to-use-the-new-report-system.175577/

You have to create a different account to report players because there is a website in which you are able to submit your reports.
I've created an account for it a while ago.
It won't let me log in.
I've already followed the directions.

If staff is getting overwhelmed, then they should hire more staff or implement a better punishment system for spammers and advertisers.

I play on a survival server that tops at around 700 players.
There's usually always at least one staff on at all times. (Except really late at night.)
And even though there's a small staff, they leave an EASY way for the players to contact them and the problem is resolved rather quickly.

Apparently it's asking too much to expect decent staff.

Marrubi

Nov 9, 2015
I will now track the spamming:

2/8/17 - Central time

10:17 PM - xSxdness is spamming/advertising away

TheBrownster

Forum Expert
Jun 10, 2016
A Pasture
I've created an account for it a while ago.
It won't let me log in.
I've already followed the directions.

If staff is getting overwhelmed, then they should hire more staff or implement a better punishment system for spammers and advertisers.

I play on a survival server that tops at around 700 players.
There's usually always at least one staff on at all times. (Except really late at night.)
And even though there's a small staff, they leave an EASY way for the players to contact them and the problem is resolved rather quickly.

Apparently it's asking too much to expect decent staff.
You do realize that a minigame server is immensely different from a survival server. A survival server is just a one big lobby with one chat. Extremely easy to moderate with few staff. Cubecraft has probably thousands of separate lobbies for every single map, game mode, and lobby. In order for staff to moderate that, you would need thousands of mods. That is impossible to achieve since cubecraft makes sure that their staff is the best they can be. They won't just hire random people, they check for an applicants personality, maturity, knowledge, and kindness.
Now for the punishment system. The current punishment system is amazing. Once you report, the report is handled very fast for a server of this size. The first punishment for hacking/spamming is a 30 day ban/mute respectively. The report system is extremely streamlined and easy to use. Just take a screenshot of the chat after you have warned them, and then report.
I will now track the spamming:

2/8/17 - Central time

10:17 PM - xSxdness is spamming/advertising away
This proves nothing. You will need screenshot evidence for chat based offenses. You can take a screenshot with F2 (or similar for different computers). Then report over at reports.cubecraft.net
If you have discord, you can also request staff to come to the lobby (not in game lobby, but the game lobby) and deal with it. But it is much easier to report it yourself. :)

TheBrownster

Forum Expert
Jun 10, 2016
A Pasture
The people who said are no are probably staff
Or people who actually don't want staff to be spammed 24/7. If I was staff, I don't want to get on the server just to get spammed by people saying "omg come to my lobby NOW". I want to get on to play on my favorite server and have fun.

Marrubi

Nov 9, 2015
Which is why there should be an easier way to contact staff.
If there's going to be a bigger server with more lobbies, then there needs to be a bigger team to take care of it.
(And there are not thousands of lobbies.)

The spamming was to keep track of it not being taken care of.

Here's a picture, if anyone was wondering:
Thankfully, it seems to have stopped for now.

cubecraft%20report.png

Marrubi

Nov 9, 2015
Or people who actually don't want staff to be spammed 24/7. If I was staff, I don't want to get on the server just to get spammed by people saying "omg come to my lobby NOW". I want to get on to play on my favorite server and have fun.
I don't think they really understand the precautions that could be taken to stop that.

When I mentioned the survivor server, I mentioned how few the ratio of staff to players is.
But they're able to stop people from spamming them by putting in rules about it.
Bigger servers can do that too, but the players are quick to say no without thinking of them.

Also, the role the staff would have versus a regular member is very different.
The players are there to have fun.
That's not to say that the staff can't have fun playing, but they also do need to take care of the players on the server as well.
There are steps that can be taken if they just want to play.

TheBrownster

Forum Expert
Jun 10, 2016
A Pasture
Which is why there should be an easier way to contact staff.
If there's going to be a bigger server with more lobbies, then there needs to be a bigger team to take care of it.
(And there are not thousands of lobbies.)

The spamming was to keep track of it not being taken care of.

Here's a picture, if anyone was wondering:
Thankfully, it seems to have stopped for now.

cubecraft%20report.png
The community is the extension of the staff team in game and throughout the server. We help moderate every single lobby by recording/screenshotting and reporting rulebreakers. We don't need to contact staff about everything, we can do things on our own.
Every single game is a separate lobby. The pre-game lobby is a lobby. Each game hub is a lobby, then there is the 1.8 server, which has another ton of lobbies. So yeah, there is probably close to a thousand lobbies.
I don't think they really understand the precautions that could be taken to stop that.

When I mentioned the survivor server, I mentioned how few the ratio of staff to players is.
But they're able to stop people from spamming them by putting in rules about it.
Bigger servers can do that too, but the players are quick to say no without thinking of them.

Also, the role the staff would have versus a regular member is very different.
The players are there to have fun.
That's not to say that the staff can't have fun playing, but they also do need to take care of the players on the server as well.
There are steps that can be taken if they just want to play.
Like I said above, few staff can moderate a survival server because it is one (or a small amount) of separate lobbies, and staff can watch the entire chat at once. You can't do that on cubecraft. Way too inefficient. Another thing, mods aren't payed to do this. They are volunteers who do this because they love the server. While it is their role to moderate, it is not their real job. They can't be on all the time just to take care of spammers in game.

Marrubi

Nov 9, 2015
I don't think you quite get what I'm trying to say.
You're were talking about how players would spam the staff.
Yet, those who spam the staff on the other server are quickly taken care of.
Which means that they can continue to have that means of communication open for people who need it.

If there are not enough staff, then they need to hire more.
This is a big thing, and needs a big staff to take care of it.

The majority of the staff there are volunteers as well.

We do need to be able to contact staff about some things, especially if there are people who can't use the report format.

TheBrownster

Forum Expert
Jun 10, 2016
A Pasture
I don't think you quite get what I'm trying to say.
You're were talking about how players would spam the staff.
Yet, those who spam the staff on the other server are quickly taken care of.
Which means that they can continue to have that means of communication open for people who need it.

If there are not enough staff, then they need to hire more.
This is a big thing, and needs a big staff to take care of it.

The majority of the staff there are volunteers as well.

We do need to be able to contact staff about some things, especially if there are people who can't use the report format.
There is a gigantic difference between a 20k player minigame server and a 700 player survival server. I have told you the differences above, yet you seem to ignore them. I have also said why cubecraft can't just hire an extra couple hundred staff members. If you need to contact staff, send them a private message here on the forums or download discord and message them on there.

Marrubi

Nov 9, 2015
There is a gigantic difference between a 20k player minigame server and a 700 player survival server. I have told you the differences above, yet you seem to ignore them. I have also said why cubecraft can't just hire an extra couple hundred staff members. If you need to contact staff, send them a private message here on the forums or download discord and message them on there.
:D WOw, you seem to be ignoring mine as well!
I'm just going to stop replying to you, because this is going nowhere.

TheBrownster

Forum Expert
Jun 10, 2016
A Pasture
:D WOw, you seem to be ignoring mine as well!
I'm just going to stop replying to you, because this is going nowhere.
What exactly am I ignoring? You are just saying that a survival server can moderate chat, and that cubecraft should hire a ton more staff. So I am not seeing what am I missing.

Marrubi

Nov 9, 2015
What exactly am I ignoring? You are just saying that a survival server can moderate chat, and that cubecraft should hire a ton more staff. So I am not seeing what am I missing.

Try re-reading the posts and find out why I said that.
Reading sure is nifty!

Members Online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Xi1m wrote on TheOrderOfSapphire's profile.
:3🍜
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on thejumboyt's profile.
Welcome to the forums! I hope you will like it here!:D
I may or may not have bought 6 Birthday Bundles (used one on myself) and I may or may not do a Giveaway for 1 soon 😉
IMG_5319.png
ImLeave wrote on thejumboyt's profile.
Welcome!
CrystalLegend01 wrote on savina875's profile.
Thank you for the follow! And welcome to the Forums
Top Bottom