Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Who has the better chance of winning the war?

• Total voters
It is time to begin the war against the treacherous and evil cave spiders, who have secret plans to take over each and every island in existence. They have filled their mouths with infinite toxic poison (somehow), and have set up camp in the once-peaceful birch forest. So, how do we win this war against these tiny 8-legged terrors? Simple: just don't do what I did...

Screen Shot 2020-08-01 at 11.46.36 AM.png

This was all a terrible mistake...

The lesson to be learned: it's safer to attack from a distance ignore all the mobs and spend 1 hour trying to break the spawner, losing 20 levels of experience in the process and also losing a ton of brain cells due to the stupid amount of cave spiders that live in these caves

Shopri

Mar 1, 2020
London, UK
rip, what i did was surround myself with iron bars (2 blocks high) and one above me, shot them to death. they broke through the ground to get their spawners.

I had thought the Jungle Island was already hard enough to exterminate (I got rekt by those spiders at least 15 times), and then I saw the birch forest caves and I died inside :p

It's a pain to clear out, and I had to use basically a strategy of setting up a spawnpoint and then taking the extra time you get after respawning to immediately chip away at their defenses. Basically, when you respawn, all the mobs seem to freeze for a few seconds (maybe something like invincibility frames or maybe just server lag?), and the spiders just kept spawning while the entire process, making it 10x harder...

I lost a ton of brain cells from how stupidly overwhelming the mobs were and also a lot of time, but it's worth it, as the spawners are relatively high leveled and if you set up a small mob grinder it's really easy to rack up xp quickly.

I don't even know why I wrote this, but maybe this will help anyone who's also overwhelmed by mobs in any of the islands with hostile mobs...

I just used a Bane of Athropods 5 sword and it WAS difficult, but me and my teammate did it

I think a maxed out bane sword would've definitely helped in my case, but I didn't really want to spend all my xp levels so I just decided to yeet myself in there and hope that I could eventually break the spawner and obliterate the spiders, but it did take a lot more time/deaths than it should've taken.

Also, part if the problem is
1. I did my enchanting when Stone was still flat 10 Xp per enchant (pre-Nether)
2. You probably lost most of your XP in those lives

The first point is interesting, does enchanting get more expensive/cheaper when you unlock the nether? I'm still actually on the birch island, so I'm not relatively far in the skyblock questline yet...

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Reesle wrote on Cultvres's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎉
THIS IS THE MOST FIRE GAME EVER
IMG_8805.jpeg
I gave bedrock a try and it's more fun than I imagined, just the building is a tad difficult for me lol
i dont think this is right
IMG_8801.jpeg
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Xi1m's profile.
Heya my friend how are you doing today?:D
Top Bottom