Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

smax897

Novice Member
Jul 10, 2020
North Korea
The Statistics Around OP in EggWars

It has been a well-known fact in EggWars that for some time now
OP has been by far the dominant gamemode.

This has made hardcore and normal games very difficult to get into.
But some people have been doubting - just how hard is it to get into
one of these gamemodes as an unranked player? And is it necessary to
reform this system, in order to make them easier to get into?
We have compiled some stats in an attempt to answer this
question.

The mean time of day of these measurements was 8:30PM PT.
The Minecraft version was 1.16.
The sample size was 20 lobbies.
Figure 1 - Gamemode Type by Lobby
The first figure we will consider measures the gamemode of each of the twenty lobbies we entered. As you can clearly see, a whopping 60% of games are Overpowered. 35% are Normal, and only a single game, or 5% total, was Hardcore (Surprising, the map was Tea Party, with 6 votes for Hardcore vs 5 OP). One can easily see how hard it is to get into a Normal game, much less a Hardcore game, when playing as Stone Rank
0001.jpg

Figure 2 - Gamemode Votes by Lobby
The last figure simply measured gamemodes by lobby, but this figure measures the individual votes per gamemode. OP was the most common vote, with an astounding 83.7% of the votes. Hardcore had six votes or 14% (All in the same lobby), and Normal had a tiny 2.3% of votes.
Figure 2 - Votes for Gamemodes.jpg

The immediate conclusion would be that very few ranked players want to play Normal, and that the few Normal games there are are simply due to the lack of ranks in those lobbies; however, this is not the case. Five out of seven of the Normal lobbies had a ranked player present in the lobby - they just didn't vote.

Figure 3 - Votes for Health

We opted to leave out the figure dealing with health type by lobby, and only included the votes. This is because we wanted to keep this post concise, and we considered health to be of secondary importance to gamemode.
However, this is a fairly interesting category as it includes the votes of Lapis rank. By far the most common health type voted for was Half, with Normal a distant second. Triple had only 13% of the votes, with Double failing to earn a single vote.
Figure 3 - Votes for health.jpg

Figure 4 - Proportion of Ranks
The final category that we studied was the proportion of ranked players playing EggWars. 15% of all players were Gold or above with full voting privileges. 4% were Iron, 80.6% were Stone Rank (With no power to vote at all) - only a tiny 0.4% were Lapis.
One takeaway from this is that Lapis rank is effectively extraneous, and needs serious reform in order to be relevant as a source of income for the server.
Figure 4 - Number of Ranks.jpg

The most significant takeaway is that a tiny 15.4% of players get unilateral control over both the gamemode and the health type, while 84.6% have no say at all. We think it is clear this system needs serious reform.

An interesting phenomenon we also witnessed when surveying was the existence of 'packs' of four to five ranked players, going from lobby to lobby together as a party, looking for maps and dominating the votes. In these cases, even ranked players had their voices drowned out by these groups.

In overall conclusion, we believe it is clear that:
  1. Lapis rank is for all intents and purposes irrelevant, and needs to be reformed.
  2. The sheer quantity of OP games leaves out players who want to play normal or hardcore.
  3. The fact that 15% of the players decide 90% of the gamemodes is a serious concern.

In light of this, we believe that:
  1. The system of gamemodes and voting needs to be drastically reformed. Whether this means granting votes for all or allowing different lobbies for different gamemodes, something must be done.
  2. We also understand that there must be some incentive to buying ranks. We support a greater number of kits and passes for ranked players, so long as they do not decide the gamemodes or maps of unranked players.
  3. We also support a general decrease in the price of ranks, although we keep in mind that many players have already bought ranks at high prices (These players could be given packages and bonuses in compensation for the greater price they paid).

For those of you who want to help reform this injustice, a manifesto outlining our goals can be found here: https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/equal-votes-for-unranked-players-now.252418/#post-1189253

We thank you for your attention, and we ask you to please consider these results.
Sincerely,
EggWars Liberation Party.

Genericness

Jun 9, 2020
Me and my friends have played on this server for a couple years with some breaks in between. But I think the only time I played hardcore was to just try the gamemode out.

The reason why nobody wants to play normal or hardcore is that its just generally slow.

Pls give us speed Eggwars.

Reactions: ProfessorRaptor

ItzEnd3r

Forum Expert
Aug 18, 2019
Boulder
www.cubecraft.net
Lapis rank is for all intents and purposes irrelevant, and needs to be reformed.
As a former lapis ranker i find it quite nice how it is, its a rank that is quite rare and I feel like every rank should not just be for perks but some ranks (like lapis emerald and obsidian) should stay as they are because they are really just there to help support the server. (also the awesome color is enough to make up for the $2 extra over iron rank)

*also ofc there is a lot of OP because its the favorite gamemode of the server. if you dont like it you can buy a rank.

Teddy1424

Sep 16, 2016
smax897 and I collaborated on this statistical analysis and I have procured my own data from the 1.8.9 version of the game from around the same time of day. However, my data only contains 15 lobbies due to the amount of time it took for a single game to start.

Figure 1 - Gamemode
This will state the percentage of gamemodes per the 15 lobbies I joined. 66% of the games I joined were Overpowered mode, while 33% were Normal games. Not a single game was Hardcore (0%). As you can see, it is not as easy to get into a Normal game as one would expect.
Gamemode.png

Figure 2 - Votes for Gamemode
This figure will detail the percentage of votes per gamemode in the 15 lobbies. Looking below you can see that 90.5% of the votes were for Overpowered while the remaining 9.5% were for Normal, leaving Hardcore mode with 0% of the votes.
VotesMode.png

Likewise with smax's data, out of the 5 Normal lobbies, 3 of them had Gold+ ranks present who simply didn't vote.

VotesHealth.png

I believe I can let this just speak for itself.

This figure reveals to us the percentage of ranked players in the 15 lobbies. Out of the total amount of players, 19.5% of them were Gold+ meaning they could vote for gamemode and health. 19.5% of players can dictate the game everyone plays. It can only be reiterated so many times that this systems needs to be reformed.
rankpercents.png

The conclusion I can draw from this entire analysis is near identical to the one smax897 drew. Please refer to his post's conclusion.

We thank you for your attention, and we ask you to please consider these results.
Sincerely,

smax897

Novice Member
Jul 10, 2020
North Korea
As a former lapis ranker i find it quite nice how it is, its a rank that is quite rare and I feel like every rank should not just be for perks but some ranks (like lapis emerald and obsidian) should stay as they are because they are really just there to help support the server. (also the awesome color is enough to make up for the $2 extra over iron rank)

*also ofc there is a lot of OP because its the favorite gamemode of the server. if you dont like it you can buy a rank.

Be quiet child.

• Haha
Reactions: Queen Ualala

Technosword

Forum Expert
Apr 21, 2020
US
Be quiet child.
If you want Cubecraft to take you seriously here’s some tips:
1. This isn’t a country revolution speak more casually
2. Don’t dismiss others opinions
3. Don’t ask to crumble Cubecraft’s rank system that has been in place (and effectively) for years.

Færøyene

Novice Member
Apr 29, 2020
local group
smax897 and I collaborated on this statistical analysis and I have procured my own data from the 1.8.9 version of the game from around the same time of day. However, my data only contains 15 lobbies due to the amount of time it took for a single game to start.

Figure 1 - Gamemode
This will state the percentage of gamemodes per the 15 lobbies I joined. 66% of the games I joined were Overpowered mode, while 33% were Normal games. Not a single game was Hardcore (0%). As you can see, it is not as easy to get into a Normal game as one would expect.
View attachment 171050

Figure 2 - Votes for Gamemode
This figure will detail the percentage of votes per gamemode in the 15 lobbies. Looking below you can see that 90.5% of the votes were for Overpowered while the remaining 9.5% were for Normal, leaving Hardcore mode with 0% of the votes.
View attachment 171051
Likewise with smax's data, out of the 5 Normal lobbies, 3 of them had Gold+ ranks present who simply didn't vote.

View attachment 171052
I believe I can let this just speak for itself.

This figure reveals to us the percentage of ranked players in the 15 lobbies. Out of the total amount of players, 19.5% of them were Gold+ meaning they could vote for gamemode and health. 19.5% of players can dictate the game everyone plays. It can only be reiterated so many times that this systems needs to be reformed.
View attachment 171053

The conclusion I can draw from this entire analysis is near identical to the one smax897 drew. Please refer to his post's conclusion.

Sincerely,
Me when I want to get network ban.

smax897

Novice Member
Jul 10, 2020
North Korea
3. Don’t ask to crumble Cubecraft’s rank system that has been in place (and effectively) for years.

Do you expect me to reply to this seriously? Read the manifesto dude. Your childishness is honestly tiring.

ItzEnd3r

Forum Expert
Aug 18, 2019
Boulder
www.cubecraft.net
What is a network ban, and why would I get one?

I know this post has a lot of information that takes some people a lot of time to take in, but that's no reason for ignorance!
because ngl, you are an exact replica of a recently network banned member (down to hating everything i say for no reason). And if you are not them you are sure making it seem like you are.

ProfessorRaptor

Nov 21, 2015
Voting is the benefit you get from supporting the server. If you want a say in the type of game, give back to the server that is providing you with an amazing minigame to play. Running a server isn't cheap. :)

smax897

Novice Member
Jul 10, 2020
North Korea

1. Yes it is.
2. I didn't dismiss them. I treated them as they ought to be treated.
3. I WILL attack tyranny wherever I find it.

Queen Ualala

May 4, 2020
because ngl, you are an exact replica of a recently network banned member (down to hating everything i say for no reason). And if you are not them you are sure making it seem like you are.
The love of my life is back and im just happy. He is reincarnated

Gemmmmie

Forum Veteran
Dec 31, 2017
The Butterfly Gardens
I think the voting system is fine as it is. I do understand the struggle of wanting to vote but not having a rank though, but if Cube changes it now all the ranks purchased would not be as useful. Especially for the price bought at.

Reactions: Drakie❤
Top Bottom