• Yes, I would like to see that happen

Votes: 17 54.8%
  • No, I don't really like the idea of that

Votes: 14 45.2%

• Total voters

ACasualTryhard

Novice Member
Apr 24, 2018
As of right now the /report command is only available for the PLUS rank and that doesn't really seem fair I would like to see a change in that where anyone would be able to use the /report command because its annoying seeing a hacker, etc. and not being able to report them until after the game is over. If this was changed the /report command should be available to all and if it was used Sentinel (not sure about spelling btw :p) should automatically start monitoring that player and the banning process would be much quicker than using the reports website for hackers. Although this idea does not eliminate the usage of the reports website as you would still have to report anyone that isn't cheating through the website. But it is annoying seeing a hacker and they don't get banned midgame and I would like to think that this is somewhat of a solution to that but anyways comment what you think about this.

ACasualTryhard

Novice Member
Apr 24, 2018
yes but why is being different from watchdog better having access to the /report command makes things so much easier to deal with hackers you shouldn't be using hackers as a way to gain more money you want to get rid of them not promoting yourself using hackers

ImJunior

Forum Expert
Jun 30, 2016
Belgium
www.cubecraft.net
yes but why is being different from watchdog better having access to the /report command makes things so much easier to deal with hackers you shouldn't be using hackers as a way to gain more money you want to get rid of them not promoting yourself using hackers

Have you even read all the other posts about the /report command before posting this? They give it only to players with plus rank because otherwise almost 3/4 of the reports made by /report aren't going to be handled because they don't have time for it. Cheaters do sometimes get banned midgame, "Sentinel is always watching".

Reactions: God.

ACasualTryhard

Novice Member
Apr 24, 2018
Have you even read all the other posts about the /report command before posting this? They give it only to players with plus rank because otherwise almost 3/4 of the reports made by /report aren't going to be handled because they don't have time for it. Cheaters do sometimes get banned midgame, "Sentinel is always watching".
Yes cheaters do get banned midgame but its not really consistent enough I just want to see it developed so when someone uses the command it would automatically start looking over that player

Basketman

Forum Expert
Jan 28, 2015
Belgium
Well, this is a of the many reports that complain about it. It is possible that they will give more people access to the /report. But you’ll have to wait for it to come. I would say now, record and report the cheaters on the website.

ImJunior

Forum Expert
Jun 30, 2016
Belgium
www.cubecraft.net
Yes cheaters do get banned midgame but its not really consistent enough I just want to see it developed so when someone uses the command it would automatically start looking over that player

Do you know how many people would get false banned, you suggest the same anticheat as hypixel and people get false banned all the time. I think the anticheat is good as it is right now only if they could give the /report command to players with 200-300+ reports.

Then again, Sentinel doesn't operate the same as Watchdog or G.W.E.N do. In contrast to them, Sentinel is already 'watching' over each and every player present on the server 24/7. Therefore reporting a player to the anti-cheat wouldn't make sense or a difference. If you'd prefer otherwise, you're basically suggesting to downgrade the Anti-Cheat.

Reactions: matcha

ACasualTryhard

Novice Member
Apr 24, 2018
Do you know how many people would get false banned, you suggest the same anticheat as hypixel and people get false banned all the time. I think the anticheat is good as it is right now only if they could give the /report command to players with 200-300+ reports.
that could be a good alternative if they gave the command to people that have had 200+ successful reports

Basketman

Forum Expert
Jan 28, 2015
Belgium
@Camezonda said they are considering to add this for more people. You will have to be patient and see what the management team decides. It will be probably for players that have a certain amount of successful reports. By doing this they lower the chance of false reporting players.

Reactions: God. and ImJunior

ACasualTryhard

Novice Member
Apr 24, 2018
@Camezonda said they are considering to add this for more people. You will have to be patient and see what the management team decides. It will be probably for players that have a certain amount of successful reports. By doing this they lower the chance of false reporting players.
I mean even if people do false report sentinel would kind of put them as a priority of tracking if they are actually cheating and shouldn't ban anyone that was falsely reported.

Basketman

Forum Expert
Jan 28, 2015
Belgium
I mean even if people do false report sentinel would kind of put them as a priority of tracking if they are actually cheating and shouldn't ban anyone that was falsely reported.

Like someone else already said, “sentinel is always watching” so it doesn’t need to monitor certain players, like other anti cheats do.

D

Deleted member 59979

Sentinel is always watching everyone.

Also the command would be abused no matter what. There's no way around it.

ACasualTryhard

Novice Member
Apr 24, 2018
We've told him like five times by now, if he still doesn't get it I don't think there's a point of trying to argue with him...
It was just a suggestion and personally I don't like having to use the reports website but i guess its fine because clearly no one else feels the same whatever thanks for calling me stupid but ok

It was just a suggestion
Suggesting something is fine, it's just that you could've done a little more research regarding the subject you were about to suggest about or perhaps checked if any similar features had been suggested before (which is the case as this gets suggested on a weekly basis by now). I'm not trying to call you stupid but you must understand some people might get a bit annoyed when you blatantly ignore their comments explaining why the things you just suggested (partially) wouldn't work and instead keep prompting it.

personally I don't like having to use the reports website but i guess its fine because clearly no one else feels the same
That's understandable and believe me when I say there are more people feeling the same way than you are aware of, it's just that your suggestion wasn't really thought out that well as:
a change in that where anyone would be able to use the /report command
and
Sentinel (not sure about spelling btw :p) should automatically start monitoring that player
wouldn't work because:
otherwise almost 3/4 of the reports made by /report aren't going to be handled because they don't have time for it.
and
Then again, Sentinel doesn't operate the same as Watchdog or G.W.E.N do. In contrast to them, Sentinel is already 'watching' over each and every player present on the server 24/7. Therefore reporting a player to the anti-cheat wouldn't make sense or a difference. If you'd prefer otherwise, you're basically suggesting to downgrade the Anti-Cheat.
This leads to people still having to disagree with your suggestion even if they share their opinion with you.

whatever thanks for calling me stupid but ok
It's common that people's ignorance regarding certain subjects leads to them making mistakes, this however doesn't necessarily have to mean they're stupid, it's just that when you disregard people trying to lead you in the right direction, you might be perceived that way.

Reactions: ImJunior
May 1, 2019
The report command, while great, shouldn’t be available to defaults. Let’s be honest, how many kids yell hacks in chat after dying. Staff would be flooded with alerts! Donators wouldn’t flood or abuse it as they lose a lot if they get banned. Although, I would love to see like a /sentinel report command to make sentinel more suspicious of that player and check him more frequently.

JuulKween

Apr 10, 2019
If that's the case, why does the /report command exist? This purpose of this thread is to give /report to all players, not change the anticheat itself

D

Deleted member 469419

If that's the case, why does the /report command exist? This purpose of this thread is to give /report to all players, not change the anticheat itself
I do not think it's a good idea to give the command to all the players, since usually we usually have more than 2000 players in the Network, and keep in mind that if the staffs have to check it ... They will take a lot, What if I would propose is to put it for the Diamonds, Emerald and Obsidian ranks

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

UncleSpect wrote on Verbramdt's profile.
Hi Bram! Welcome back! I missed you bro 🥹
UncleSpect wrote on Frontlane's profile.
🤍
throwing my mouse hard enough on the wall for a grand total of 7 times as a result of gamer rage somehow fixed the liftoff distance issues

also don't worry about me it's not that deep it's just anger issues and being the usual failure at everything including the simplest video games
JellyFish01 wrote on Fesa's profile.
You said "I SEE YOUR NAME ALL OVER REPORTS" You literally scream in my face. Yall want me to not report such bugs? I know that the bug is fixed
You don't have to reply with a longer message.
Xi1m wrote on Verbramdt's profile.
OH MY GOD YOURE BAACK
Top Bottom