Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

What solution do you think we should do? (Read thread to know what they are!)

• Solution 1

Votes: 283 56.8%
  • Solution 2

Votes: 165 33.1%
  • Solution 3

Votes: 70 14.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

EggCracker12

Aug 9, 2020
It also adds more strategy than just pure guessing.
"Guessing" is what a bad player thinks it is. A good player "estimates" what health they're on based on how much they've attacked, what gear they have, how much they've regened from food etc. U are just salty, grow up.

• Angry
Reactions: Matriox

Technosword

Forum Expert
Apr 21, 2020
US
"Guessing" is what a bad player thinks it is. A good player "estimates" what health they're on based on how much they've attacked, what gear they have, how much they've regened from food etc. U are just salty, grow up.
This seems a little rude in my opinion, I was just stating that when you know someone’s health it adds more strategy, instead of having to guess someone’s health and then lose(or win) because there are many factors that only one person knows about. (Protection of armor, amount of hunger they had, etc.) I can estimate relatively, but knowing when you should strafe on someone or just crit spam or other techniques is more strategy based then just assuming. I’ll admit, knowing someone’s health does remove one aspect of Cubecraft PvP, the guessing. I think that adding damage indicators to the server should satisfy everyone. The reason why is that if you don’t want to use them, just toggle them off (same as before and Cubecraft is great atm) and then if you do use them, everyone uses the same damage indicator that only shows after you hit someone, making damage indicators more fair too by reducing cleaning.

Reactions: Matriox and 404Owl

FnigePython

Sep 7, 2019
the land down under
Pronouns
She/Her
"Guessing" is what a bad player thinks it is. A good player "estimates"
1599452710985.png

hmmm

EggCracker12

Aug 9, 2020
This seems a little rude in my opinion, I was just stating that when you know someone’s health it adds more strategy, instead of having to guess someone’s health and then lose(or win) because there are many factors that only one person knows about. (Protection of armor, amount of hunger they had, etc.) I can estimate relatively, but knowing when you should strafe on someone or just crit spam or other techniques is more strategy based then just assuming. I’ll admit, knowing someone’s health does remove one aspect of Cubecraft PvP, the guessing. I think that adding damage indicators to the server should satisfy everyone. The reason why is that if you don’t want to use them, just toggle them off (same as before and Cubecraft is great atm) and then if you do use them, everyone uses the same damage indicator that only shows after you hit someone, making damage indicators more fair too by reducing cleaning.
might as well add the /invsee command to the game then so you can use strategy by looking at someones inventory instead of just guessing what they have! same logic right!

Technosword

Forum Expert
Apr 21, 2020
US
might as well add the /invsee command to the game then so you can use strategy by looking at someones inventory instead of just guessing what they have! same logic right!
By attacking my logic, perhaps this means there are problems with yours... defend your idea and be mature don’t just make a rude comment

Naitzirch

Nov 12, 2017
The Netherlands
Pronouns
He/Him
From reading the comments it seems that people like to be able to see the health of other players, but everyone agrees that all players should have an equal chance in a fight.

I would just like to clarify, with option 1, we will add a setting so that you can turn it off if you wish.

I just want to pose an alternative option, which addresses lots of concerns which has been bought up. What if we make it so that health indicators (both from the server, and from any client mods) are invisible by default, util you engage in combat. This means that if you're already fighting someone, you continue to see their health for 10 seconds, but if you are looking at them from a distance and determining if you should clean them, you can't see their health until you hit them. This means that engaging in combat remains a risk, but also encourages a player to finish killing the other player, rather than both people running away when both get low on health.
Really love the alternative option.

Younisco

Forum Professional
May 13, 2014
london
Hey everyone,

So I think the majority of the conversations regarding Damage Indicators has been taken place, but we still seem to have a pretty large split in the community with whether or not the best decision would be Solution 1, Solution 2, or a mix of both.

As a result, we'd love to invite you all to a Community Talk regarding this on our Discord server. This will be happening on Friday 11th September 2020, but we need to decide a time. Please decide on the poll on this thread here with what time will best suit you, and we'll try and get as many people there as possible, as your input there will be very important. I'll disclose the specifics on how it'll work once the poll ends. Thanks everyone!

404Owl

Dedicated Member
Mar 18, 2020
the procrasti-nation
/invsee is the same principle as hp indicators, but is way more extreme. I think we can all agree that just because hp indicators should be allowed, that doesnt mean /invsee should be allowed.

D

Deleted member 294498

Maybe it would be cool to have an option which can disable the indicator? :)

Younisco

Forum Professional
May 13, 2014
london
Hey everyone, so the poll for the Damage Indicators debate has ended, where solution 1 has won with 56.7% out of 498 voters. We would normally say "let's go ahead with solution 1 then!", but it still means that 43.3% of our players will be upset with our changes, which is less than ideal.

We want to invite everyone to a Damage Indicators Community Talk that is happening today (11th September 2020) at 7pm BST on our Discord server. If you want to know what time this is for your timezone, put your country/state on this website.

We'll be discussing the following:
  • Why we are having this conversation
  • Our initial proposals, and a new proposal
  • How it looks in practice via. a public Notion board
  • Opening up the call for opinions & concerns with our proposed changes
  • An in-call poll, where people in the call can vote for their favourite proposal after this call
I will try and record this call & post in here with how the call went. I'll also be writing notes in the middle of the call in our public Notion board, which I will post here after we've finished so you can get a rundown with how the call was. I look forward to seeing you guys there! 🙌 💙

Younisco

Forum Professional
May 13, 2014
london

Technosword

Forum Expert
Apr 21, 2020
US
Pssssst.
Take a look at our public Notion board here:
Community Board: https://www.notion.so/CubeCraft-Community-95382a9dd8fd47bc95ccce19f5fc0779

We're planning on having a lot more community talks in the future regarding game updates & general podcast-y calls.

Damage Indicators: https://www.notion.so/f7d12a4fa2b94cc8bab8ddb32144e2ed - This is the Notion board we're using today. Click on "Overview" to take a look at our proposed solutions that we're going to present today. 🎉
Looks great, it’s nice to see some examples before making a decision!

FnigePython

Sep 7, 2019
the land down under
Pronouns
She/Her
It may be late but the meeting was done at 4 in the morning for me so ima have to add my opinion here

Common between health bars
ProsCons
Adds strategy (barely)Nearly all of the Risk vs Reward that cubecraft had is gone
People will run away a lot sooner than before
Hiding / Trapping (via coasting) is going to be impossible, getting rid of a possible strategy
Many other strategies

Option 1
Yep, the worst of the bunch, though 10 blocks is pretty close for people to notice (Health Bar pro/con table applies here too)
ProsCons
The easiest to develop im sureEasy for cleaners to clean
Very few bugs that could happenRun in, Look at health, Run out, Plan. Is not a fun strategy to deal with
Can probably look through walls, therefore sussing them out easily

Option 2
Meh, It does work better than option 1 but still boasts the same negatives as all other additions of the health bar (Health bar pro/con table applies here too)
ProsCons
Cleaners have to rely somewhat on chance

Option 3
The best of them all, keeps the risk vs reward and loses little in terms of strategy
ProsCons
Keeps all the risk vs reward from before No need for new strategies

In total, I think option one is just bad, Option 2 is okay, but has the same flaws as all other health bars and Option 3 is better, maybe there's a way to have health bars while keeping the risk vs reward but no options shown do that well enough

Reactions: luv!

SlinkyGnu05604

Forum Expert
Jan 4, 2019
www.youtube.com
If damage indicators were to be added, could it be possible to show how much health in chat if you shoot a player with a bow? And for bedrock, if possible, add a bow ding sound when a enemy player is shot

Members Online

Latest profile posts

Hoshi wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy birthday Egg!! 🎉
Reesle wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy Birthday 🥚
hey

if you dont find me playing cubecraft often then dont be surprised
obviously this doesnt mean that im quitting im just like drifting away since ive started to enjoy and play games other than minecraft so what im trying to say is
im not going to be as active ingame but i will be on the forumds
Xi1m wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
happy eggday
Mintypie231 wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy birthday!!! 🎂🎈
Top Bottom