Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

What solution do you think we should do? (Read thread to know what they are!)

• Solution 1

Votes: 283 56.8%
  • Solution 2

Votes: 165 33.1%
  • Solution 3

Votes: 70 14.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Younisco

Forum Professional
May 13, 2014
london
Hey CubeCrafters! Hope you've been having a good week so far 🙌

After some talking amongst the product team, we've recognised an issue that you may be aware of regarding the modification "Damage Indicators". In case you didn't know, damage indicators allows you to see your opponents & teammates health clientside. This is only seen by you, and not other players.
Screenshot_84.png

🤔 So, what's the problem?

The problem is that this is only clientside, so you are only able to see the players health. This helps you when you're wanting to play offensively, where you can attack when a player is low, but also defensively, where you can retreat when you're clearly going to lose a fight. This is unfair for players who are playing the game with no PvP modifications like LabyMod.

We need some solutions, and we think we've come up with a few, but before moving ahead with development, we need your help in deciding what to do!

🌟 Solution 1

Solution 1 would be us implementing damage indicators for the server for all PvP servers. This means for games like SkyWars, EggWars, Lucky Islands, FFA & Survival Games, every player will display their health on top of their head. This can also mean we can add other quality of life features, such as post-fight information as to what health the player had. This is all early brainstorming, so your help is really important here!
We feel like this is the decision that should be made - but as the change is small, it is equally as impactful for players using PvP modifications on our server, so this is why we're asking for opinions on this matter. This levels out the playing field as everyone can see everyone's health at any time.

🌟 Solution 2

Solution 2 would be us disabling damage indicators on our server. This is done on a lot of competitive PvP servers, where the server can essentially scramble the health of a player, so you can always see the player at full health from your damage indicators mod.

🌟 Solution 3

Solution 3 would be us basically leaving it the way it is right now. We do not want this to happen, realistically, but if there is an overwhelming majority, we'll consider it further.

Thank you everyone! We look forward to know your opinion on this matter. If you know of any other viable solution, feel free to let us know in the thread as well! 😇

Last edited:

Maaarijn

Forum Veteran
Mar 12, 2017
het land van kroketten, frikandellen
www.youtube.com
I personally don't really mind the problem. I've played with LabyMod for a while and it helps a lot if you want to play very offensive. However, lately I switched back to Optifine which didn't give me a lot of problems either. I understand that you want to change things a bit and I think all 3 options are good. Option 1 seems like the best one to me, you could add some other cool features with it as well like you already mentioned.

Good luck with working this out! I'm curious and excited for the results!

JokeKaedee

Dedicated Member
Mar 24, 2020
Dreamland
Pronouns
She/Her
I have the feeling the second solution is the best one available. Of course, people would like to use Health / Damage Indicators.. but how would you see fights in the future when everyone sees the health of every player possible. This (in my opinion) encourages players to camp or stall the game which makes it much less fun to play! I'd like to see Health / Damage Indicators removed from the CCG Server. Overall, nice thread and thanks for listening to our suggestions.

Ferrcho

Jun 24, 2019
Spain
Option 3 I rule out (obviously). And option 1 I wouldn't choose either. I think that solution 2 would be the best, because that way you don't have or can have an advantage when doing a PvP with someone. Because if we choose the first option you can see your opponent's health even if the other opponent sees your life too, but I think that if you add this option PvP's would not be as intense as before, that is you don't know his life. Without a doubt I think option 2 would be the best.

Gemmmmie

Forum Veteran
Dec 31, 2017
The Butterfly Gardens
I love Solution 1, I always use Badlion because I prefer the layout, yet the only disadvantage I have with this is not having a Damage Indicator compared to anyone that uses Laby. Therefore, this idea is amazing!

Solution 2 could be just as interesting. The PVP could really change throughout the server.

Last edited:

20Seth03

Jun 28, 2019

After some talking amongst the product team, we've recognised an issue that you may be aware of regarding the modification "Damage Indicators". In case you didn't know, damage indicators allows you to see your opponents & teammates health clientside. This is only seen by you, and not other players.

The problem is that this is only clientside, so you are only able to see the players health. This helps you when you're wanting to play offensively, where you can attack when a player is low, but also defensively, where you can retreat when you're clearly going to lose a fight. This is unfair for players who are playing the game with no PvP modifications like LabyMod.

We need some solutions, and we think we've come up with a few, but before moving ahead with development, we need your help in deciding what to do!

🌟 Solution 1

Solution 1 would be us implementing damage indicators for the server for all PvP servers. This means for games like SkyWars, EggWars, Lucky Islands, FFA & Survival Games, every player will display their health on top of their head. This can also mean we can add other quality of life features, such as post-fight information as to what health the player had. This is all early brainstorming, so your help is really important here!
We feel like this is the decision that should be made - but as the change is small, it is equally as impactful for players using PvP modifications on our server, so this is why we're asking for opinions on this matter. This levels out the playing field as everyone can see everyone's health at any time.

🌟 Solution 2

Solution 2 would be us disabling damage indicators on our server. This is done on a lot of competitive PvP servers, where the server can essentially scramble the health of a player, so you can always see the player at full health from your damage indicators mod.

🌟 Solution 3

Solution 3 would be us basically leaving it the way it is right now. We do not want this to happen, realistically, but if there is an overwhelming majority, we'll consider it further.

Thank you everyone! We look forward to know your opinion on this matter. If you know of any other viable solution, feel free to let us know in the thread as well! 😇
Its good to think about it, but i guess the cleaners on cubecraft never will leave. The damage indicator is a cool/usefull mod. The only problem is the actions that people make when they see somebody is at liw health. I think there will still be cleaners ehen the mod is gone. Its a problem of tge players self. Not the mod... :)

Reactions: wxzzrd and Gregeyy

wxzzrd

Dedicated Member
May 30, 2020

🌟 Solution 1

🌟 Solution 2

🌟 Solution 3

@Younisco i have one big question. Can you do this for bedrock to because I really like solution 1 and I’ve seen other bedrock servers do it both in hp count and heart on their head

Reactions: Gregeyy
D

Deleted member 469419

I personally agree with the "solution 1", disable it would only cause that people who use Labymod/other mods get angry. So, I'm agree with introduce of a global way, in all games. It's the most fair option I actually see.

Younisco

Forum Professional
May 13, 2014
london
Its good to think about it, but i guess the cleaners on cubecraft never will leave. The damage indicator is a cool/usefull mod. The only problem is the actions that people make when they see somebody is at liw health. I think there will still be cleaners ehen the mod is gone. Its a problem of tge players self. Not the mod... :)
I don't think this is something that is a problem with our players, as cleaning is a genuine strategy and should not be dismissed as "lol ur bad at pvp fighting me with 2 hearts noob ecks dee". A lot of it is reliant on the fact that these players can constantly see your health, so they know when the optimal time is to attack. This is unfair, and we want to address it. :)

wxzzrd

Dedicated Member
May 30, 2020
I don't think this is something that is a problem with our players, as cleaning is a genuine strategy and should not be dismissed as "lol ur bad at pvp fighting me with 2 hearts noob ecks dee". A lot of it is reliant on the fact that these players can constantly see your health, so they know when the optimal time is to attack. This is unfair, and we want to address it. :)
Yeah I’m a cleaner whenever I can but I hate cleaners

Reactions: i28g
Top Bottom