Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Ellie Williams

Forum Veteran
Jan 6, 2016
University of Eastern Colorado
Currently, only the person who placed the tower can choose an upgrade path for a tower. This can be problematic if the tower owner lacks the coins to choose a path while another player does have the necessary coins but is unable to help the owner upgrade futhur.

Proposed solution: the tower owner can choose which path they want other players to be able to upgrade towards.
For example, take the turret tower: either fast firing or arrows bouncing. I can place a turret tower, set the path towards fast firing, and now other teammates can upgrade towards the fast firing path if I don't have enough coins. Similarly, I can set the path towards bouncing arrows and other players can upgrade towards the bouncing arrows path.

If I don't set a path, then other players can't choose a path for me.

Addendum 1:
Other stuff I just thought of:
1:
This option should be allowed even if you haven't unlocked a path yet. Coming to think of it, this is probably the reason why I suggested this: someone places a necromancer tower and are unable to upgrade it nor are they allowed to allow other people to upgrade it for them.
2:
For convenience, the game will remember your settings. So if I place down a tower, set it to one path, the next tower of the same type I place will also be set towards the same path, and so on. This goes on until I change what path I set.

Last edited:

Onik

Dedicated Member
Nov 25, 2016
California
Currently, only the person who placed the tower can choose an upgrade path for a tower. This can be problematic if the tower owner lacks the coins to choose a path while another player does have the necessary coins but is unable to help the owner upgrade futhur.

Proposed solution: the tower owner can choose which path they want other players to be able to upgrade towards.
For example, take the turret tower: either fast firing or arrows bouncing. I can place a turret tower, set the path towards fast firing, and now other teammates can upgrade towards the fast firing path if I don't have enough coins. Similarly, I can set the path towards bouncing arrows and other players can upgrade towards the bouncing arrows path.

If I don't set a path, then other players can't choose a path for me.
If someone in the team lacks the coins but someone else has the required coins they need, I believe you're able to use the /share command which basically gives coins to the player specified. As far as letting your teammates choose the tower paths, I think the way it's set now is the best way! If they allowed your teammates to make that decision, there are plenty of mean old trolls as of now who already do enough, as far as ruining your day by misplacing towers. I can't imagine how bad it would get if they also had the ability to choose your tower's path.

Ellie Williams

Forum Veteran
Jan 6, 2016
If someone in the team lacks the coins but someone else has the required coins they need, I believe you're able to use the /share command which basically gives coins to the player specified. As far as letting your teammates choose the tower paths, I think the way it's set now is the best way! If they allowed your teammates to make that decision, there are plenty of mean old trolls as of now who already do enough, as far as ruining your day by misplacing towers. I can't imagine how bad it would get if they also had the ability to choose your tower's path.
Your teammates are not able to decide what tower path your tower gets upgraded to.

You decide what path you want your tower to go to, and then you simply allow other teammates to upgrade that path (and only that path).

Onik

Dedicated Member
Nov 25, 2016
California
Your teammates are not able to decide what tower path your tower gets upgraded to.

You decide what path you want your tower to go to, and then you simply allow other teammates to upgrade that path (and only that path).
Ah, thanks for the clarification, I read that wrong, however, wouldn't it just get irritating getting a pop-up asking every time how you want to upgrade each different specific tower.

Sweetenerera

Forum Professional
Jul 24, 2016
Ah, thanks for the clarification, I read that wrong, however, wouldn't it just get irritating getting a pop-up asking every time how you want to upgrade each different specific tower.
Where did he mention a pop-up? It'll probably work the same as actually upgrading a tower but now you just select it.

Love this idea

Ellie Williams

Forum Veteran
Jan 6, 2016
Where did he mention a pop-up? It'll probably work the same as actually upgrading a tower but now you just select it.

Love this idea
I was thinking of extra buttons that appears when you right click your tower.
A button that allows others to upgrade to path 1, a button that allows others to upgrade to path 2, and one that cancels the previous buttons.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sweetenerera

MeggalBozale

Novice Member
Dec 9, 2017
+1 on this, something like a button at the end of each path which sets it there, so other people can upgrade it for you! It would certainly help with needing points to use better paths, and instead of weighing your team down, you're able to contribute quite a bit more!

Ellie Williams

Forum Veteran
Jan 6, 2016
Other stuff I just thought of:
1:
This option should be allowed even if you haven't unlocked a path yet. Coming to think of it, this is probably the reason why I suggested this: someone places a necromancer tower and are unable to upgrade it nor are they allowed to allow other people to upgrade it for them.
2:
For convenience, the game will remember your settings. So if I place down a tower, set it to one path, the next tower of the same type I place will also be set towards the same path, and so on. This goes on until I change what path I set.

Fesa

Quality Assurance
Team CubeCraft
🧪 Quality Assurance
💌 Customer Support
Oct 17, 2016
Yoitsu
Pronouns
She/Her
Honestly, Tower Defense could really need this. You have no idea how many times teammates forget about heir tower and then you have a level one archer or something, somewhere. And they don’t read chat for some reason! So please staff, give this player a medal and implement his/her idea!

Reactions: MeggalBozale

Rawrbin

Dedicated Member
May 5, 2019
the Eastside of America

This would be annoying yeah, but like CattyCat said:

If this thing is able to be "remembered" over all games, I think you won't get the stupid "pop-up", and it would make stuff a little more "enjoyable", because you don't have to choose each path again every tower. =D

Ellie Williams

Forum Veteran
Jan 6, 2016
I was thinking of extra buttons that appears when you right click your tower.
A button that allows others to upgrade to path 1, a button that allows others to upgrade to path 2, and one that cancels the previous buttons.
On second thought, I retract the idea of the button that cancels the previous two buttons.
Every time I play, there's just two many archer and artillery towers that are unupgraded for whatever reason and they just take up valuable space.

Ellie Williams

Forum Veteran
Jan 6, 2016
@Fisktratt
giphy.gif

Fisktratt

Forum Expert
Sep 15, 2018
Sweden
I think this is a pretty good idea, though I'd like some more support from the community before making a decision. Not having enough coins and having to wait for your teammates to /share you, is always a pain. I'm not sure if I understood it wrong, but you're team shouldn't be able to upgrade the paths you haven't bought from the shop right? Thanks for your idea! :)

MeggalBozale

Novice Member
Dec 9, 2017
I think this is a pretty good idea, though I'd like some more support from the community before making a decision. Not having enough coins and having to wait for your teammates to /share you, is always a pain. I'm not sure if I understood it wrong, but you're team shouldn't be able to upgrade the paths you haven't bought from the shop right? Thanks for your idea! :)

So all these suggestions from td need more support..? I know a few, if you are interested

Reactions: Fisktratt

Ellie Williams

Forum Veteran
Jan 6, 2016
As of now, I think your team should be able to upgrade the paths you haven't bought yet.

I mean, if you don't have an upgrade unlocked but a teammate does, they can upgrade it for you as long as it doesn't choose a path for that tower. I don't see why it should be any different if that upgrade involves choosing a path (like in artillery or necromancer tower).

Addendum: why does the necromancer tower have paths even? Snowman is identical to the shulker upgrade, except that it's cheaper, has less range, and deals less damage.

Last edited:

Ellie Williams

Forum Veteran
Jan 6, 2016
So what's the amount of support you need before making a decision? As far as I know, I can't think of any downsides to this suggestion, and I'd hate to lose games because of uncooperative teammates and game design flaws.

Members Online

Team online

Members online

Latest profile posts

Frontlane wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy birthday 🥳
dvodany wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy b-day! 🍰
WorriedSkate940 wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy birthday!!!
denki_kiri wrote on savina875's profile.
Thanks for the follow :D
Desiderata wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
eggs age over time

how curious
Top Bottom