Cherrite

Novice Member
Jan 25, 2017
~ Wasted Wonderland ~
twitter.com
LineSeparator.png

TeamSpeak Suggestions
LineSeparator.png

Hello, everyone! I've decided to become more active on the CubeCraft network more recently, and one of the steps that I took to do so was to explore the TeamSpeak. In the process of doing so, I realised that the TeamSpeak is very small, and has minimal public lounges/channels for users to join.

One of the suggestions that I would like to make is to expand the public lounge accessibility. Here is an example scenario to think about:

Say a new player to the community is attempting to create their reputation and would like to engage in some community activities. This user thinks to himself/herself, "Hey! I know a way to meet new people! TeamSpeak!" The user then proceeds to obtain the TeamSpeak IP and connects to the server. To their surprise, there are only 4 public channels, and there are no users in them. They scroll down the list of channels to see many people in private channels, sadly realising they cannot join the channel unless they identify the password or ask someone to join. Maybe this user is shy, or doesn't want to bother other users in channels, and decides to wait in a public channel by themselves. A few minutes later, still, no one has joined the channel, and the user decides to log off, disappointed they didn't get to talk to anyone.

Sound familiar? Maybe not, but I certainly know I can relate to this. I think that adding more channels or creating reasons for users to join public channels would be a great idea to get more people involved with the TeamSpeak community, as well as broadening the opportunity to meet new people both in-game and not. This could mean adding "game specific" channels, like a general EggWars channel for people to join to play EggWars together, etc.

You may have noticed that I mentioned creating reasons for users to join these new public channels. What I mean by this is creating TeamSpeak events, whether it be relating to in-game events or even just general events. This could be Karaoke, gaming events/tournaments, holiday specials, anything imaginable really. These events would not only increase the usage of the TeamSpeak, but would also bring more attention to the server, and encourage users to interact with each other verbally and make new friends.

These are just a few ideas that I could think of off the top of my head, but I'm definitely open to other suggestions to add on to this! Thank you for reading this, and do let me know if there is anything you think I should add to this. Have a great day/night!

Reactions: Britney Spears
B

Britney Spears

I personally don't use TeamSpeak all that much, but when I use it, I see that a lot of players here use Discord more often than Teamspeak. Discord is more user-friendly in my opinion as interacting with staff members and the community as a whole is much easier as you get notified about weekly live streams, updates etc.
Just wanted to share that with you, other than that cool suggestion, I like the idea of having events every now and again.

How to join Discord, in case you're interested.

Despacito 2

Forum Professional
Dec 6, 2015
I'm not really a TeamSpeak fan. Too many trolls whispers, private channels and not really that fun.
Most people and me are on Discord.
It's very modern, easy, handy and best of all no private voice channels.
Not only that but Staff seem to answer question pretty fast.

Anyway I do love your idea. But doing to them on Discord sounds way better imo.

Members Online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

dvodany wrote on Kloska's profile.
Happy birthday klos! :heart:
Frontlane wrote on Kloska's profile.
Happy birthday! Welcome to club 21 😎
WorriedSkate940 wrote on Kloska's profile.
Happy birthday!!
This is YOUR daily dose of facts #53-
Iron golems can kill villagers.
Mintypie231 wrote on Kloska's profile.
Happy birthday!!!🥳🎂
Top Bottom