Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Zelreedy

Oct 6, 2014
I partly agree with you, and that is because I think it's like the same with (solo) SkyWars's Iron Golem kit.
It's pretty OP for Basic or Normal, but I also think that 3 minutes is quite okay, because someone can run away or you can get trapped in something which'll quickly cost 3 minutes.
Trust me, I play nothing but Team SW. There is practically no way to run away from a strength guy until his strength effect is out, and that is for several reasons. Most use it in the beginning, when islands are not connected to each other. When they build to you and start attacking, you have 2 options: Keep running, or run to the enemy's island. In case you keep running, you'll eventually end up dead, even if he hits you once every 10 seconds (Which I doubt ever happens). However, if you run back to the enemy's island, you will end up dead there, as you will already be badly damaged from the strength guy, unless you actually know how to play the game. For getting trapped, I don't really recall any time when a strength guy got trapped. I mean, how will they?

PartyBlaze

Dedicated Member
Nov 27, 2014
Europe
Trust me, I play nothing but Team SW. There is practically no way to run away from a strength guy until his strength effect is out, and that is for several reasons. Most use it in the beginning, when islands are not connected to each other. When they build to you and start attacking, you have 2 options: Keep running, or run to the enemy's island. In case you keep running, you'll eventually end up dead, even if he hits you once every 10 seconds (Which I doubt ever happens). However, if you run back to the enemy's island, you will end up dead there, as you will already be badly damaged from the strength guy, unless you actually know how to play the game. For getting trapped, I don't really recall any time when a strength guy got trapped. I mean, how will they?
How about choosing the same kit?

Reactions: Zelreedy

Zelreedy

Oct 6, 2014
How about choosing the same kit?
You're evening out the problem, instead of fixing it. I'm not only pointing myself out in this thread; I'm talking about anyone who gets affected from the Hulk Kit, which includes me. Not everyone likes the kit, like me for example, unless it's OP Game mode. I won't choose the Hulk Kit, which I don't like, just to fight 1 or 2 guys, who sometimes don't exist, as Hulk Kits are not chosen every single game. I do, however, understand and respect your point of view. Don't think I'm arguing here, just clarifying my opinion.

Reactions: PartyBlaze

PartyBlaze

Dedicated Member
Nov 27, 2014
Europe
You're evening out the problem, instead of fixing it. I'm not only pointing myself out in this thread; I'm talking about anyone who gets affected from the Hulk Kit, which includes me. Not everyone likes the kit, like me for example, unless it's OP Game mode. I won't choose the Hulk Kit, which I don't like, just to fight 1 or 2 guys, who sometimes don't exist, as Hulk Kits are not chosen every single game. I do, however, understand and respect your point of view. Don't think I'm arguing here, just clarifying my opinion.
I appreciate how you think.
So ehh... I'll just join every game you're in and vote OP?

... Kidding aside, I totally understand your point of view and I too think that it should be made less overpowered.

Maceshank

Dedicated Member
Jul 28, 2014
Oslo, Norway.
Like what exactly? unless you have gapples, you cannot take it down. In fact, when I use it, I killed someone who had a gapple because their regeneration wasnt enough. I killed her in like 4 hits. So apparently that is perfectly fine?._.
Yes, I guess I was getting it confused with other kits on other games. You do have a great point, it is WAY TOO OVERPOWERED and I agree with you but I think just making it a 30 second splash potion would be good

Raindrop57

Mar 29, 2014
A Raincloud
I partly agree with you, and that is because I think it's like the same with (solo) SkyWars's Iron Golem kit.
It's pretty OP for Basic or Normal, but I also think that 3 minutes is quite okay, because someone can run away or you can get trapped in something which'll quickly cost 3 minutes.

I don't think that the iron golem kit is OP because every game I play, 70% of players have it. (And the rest of them have swordsman)

TangoRaptor_

Aug 14, 2014
Bossville
Like what exactly? unless you have gapples, you cannot take it down. In fact, when I use it, I killed someone who had a gapple because their regeneration wasnt enough. I killed her in like 4 hits. So apparently that is perfectly fine?._.
Tbh killing someone who has a strength potion isn't that hard, you just need to use your brain. You could either have a bow and shoot them, bows deal a lot of damage especially on basic, then if you aren't good with bows you could use lava and that my friend does a whole lot damage if you use it right. If you can't use neither of those two, there is always the healer kit. That kit basically gets you instant health potions and regen. If you use those healing potions correctly you could easily take down one hulk or even two if you are good.

Zelreedy

Oct 6, 2014
Tbh killing someone who has a strength potion isn't that hard, you just need to use your brain. You could either have a bow and shoot them, bows deal a lot of damage especially on basic, then if you aren't good with bows you could use lava and that my friend does a whole lot damage if you use it right. If you can't use neither of those two, there is always the healer kit. That kit basically gets you instant health potions and regen. If you use those healing potions correctly you could easily take down one hulk or even two if you are good.
For bows, you can't really shoot a moving guy who's already in your island. You will fail to keep up with his pace and will have to face him in front of you. For lava doesn't do much damage, and most can escape it quickly and barely die from it, using healers like golden apples, or jump in water playing some maps. For healing potions, as I said before, I'm not gonna choose a kit just to fight some guy who may not exist. In fact, this doesn't make you enjoy using the kit, as you're only picking it for the sake of fighting strength effected guys, but otherwise find it useless I suggest you try fighting a strength guy, and hit me up with your results. :P

TangoRaptor_

Aug 14, 2014
Bossville
For bows, you can't really shoot a moving guy who's already in your island. You will fail to keep up with his pace and will have to face him in front of you. For lava doesn't do much damage, and most can escape it quickly and barely die from it, using healers like golden apples, or jump in water playing some maps. For healing potions, as I said before, I'm not gonna choose a kit just to fight some guy who may not exist. In fact, this doesn't make you enjoy using the kit, as you're only picking it for the sake of fighting strength effected guys, but otherwise find it useless I suggest you try fighting a strength guy, and hit me up with your results. :p
For bows, you can actually shoot someone who is moving, if you can't predict his movements then you won't win in a 1v1 where both of you have strength. Plus you usually see the enemy coming on your island, and shoot them from far... For lava it is the same, someone with strength is very likely to charge on you and when that happens just deploy the lava. FYI lava deals quite a bit of damage and if you are playing on basic you don't have golden apples, and water isn't in every map. Plus lava slows the enemy down enormously. For the healer kit, you use it when you have low health, if doesn't matter if you fight someone with or without strength, you can use your potions however you want.

PartyBlaze

Dedicated Member
Nov 27, 2014
Europe
On Basic using healing kit or lava wouldn't work, strength on basic = 1, 2 hit deaths
If you aren't strong, you have to play smart. For example, a method that isn't used a lot but can be very effective depending on how well you create it.
There are various other ways to win it, otherwise the kit wouldn't have been implemented.

Reactions: TangoRaptor_

Zelreedy

Oct 6, 2014
For bows, you can actually shoot someone who is moving, if you can't predict his movements then you won't win in a 1v1 where both of you have strength. Plus you usually see the enemy coming on your island, and shoot them from far... For lava it is the same, someone with strength is very likely to charge on you and when that happens just deploy the lava. FYI lava deals quite a bit of damage and if you are playing on basic you don't have golden apples, and water isn't in every map. Plus lava slows the enemy down enormously. For the healer kit, you use it when you have low health, if doesn't matter if you fight someone with or without strength, you can use your potions however you want.
You do can shoot them. However, you can't kill or keep them away from you for long. In fact, if the user of the strength potion is smart, he will avoid every shot by simply running different directions until he gets to you. Predicting movements is not related to pvping. I suck at shooting moving targets, but I know how to pvp very well. As I said before, players drink the strength potions when they arrive to enemy islands, so seeing them appear from far doesn't really help in this case much, as they didn't drink the potion yet. Lava does trap the opponent, but not for so long. I sometimes get on lava while fighting and still end up killing 1 or 2 guys, never minding my hearts. Plus, lava doesn't appear in every chest. So what if you don't have a lava bucket and a strength guy hits you, you're basically dead in 3-4 hits. As @Moooofin pointed out, using lava won't really work in basic, as armor there is weak, thus making the strength effected guy more strong and finish you in 2 or 3 hits. The healer kit is not a really preferable kit for me, as I don't like it, and would rather pick other kits instead. But from what you're saying, I'm forced to pick it, if not for fighting strength effected guys, but for simply keeping me alive. Also a note; when you see a guy coming to you, you don't really know if he has strength or no, as particles are hard to realize, especially if mixed with other effects, like absorption from golden apples. So what you will simply try to do is try to kill that player. When you realize he has strength from the amount of damage he's done to you, you'll be like 4 hearts away from death. So all of your suggestions won't really work, as lava will be easy to pass through, and you can't really shoot him when he's 1 block away from you. The only way out is to use the Healer Kit, which I said I don't always prefer.

Rororoyourboat

Forum Expert
Mar 3, 2015
I 100% agree with you @Zelreedy . I think that the strength kit is WAY to OP in my opinion. I honestly think removing the kit would make the game play more fair for the players, because even if you choose strength in OP, it's still very overpowered. Personally if someone uses strength, it's very unlikely to kill the player. Shooting a player to death most likely would not work because they will be moving around making it hard for you to shoot the player. As for lava, that's also unlikely to get the player in it because it takes time for the lava to spread when you place it down and most likely, you'll be getting yourself in lava. I play Team SW all the time and i've been in these situations quite a lot of times.

Tacosbefriends

Forum Professional
Jan 13, 2014
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
In a game where a single snowball can spell the doom of a player clad in full diamond armor and an inventory full of notch apples, I really don't think a strength potion is the biggest issue when it comes to balance. If a player uses a strength potion, simply kite that player until the potion's duration has run out or adapt your tactic to fight that player at range.

Skywars is a strategy-based PvP game, so if someone's strategy is to literally hulk out, you can counter that by forcing them into a situation where they can be spleefed, knocked off, shot, or lured into a trap. Stay mobile, don't allow yourself to fall into a siege situation, and remember that the alteration of terrain can be your biggest ally. For further reading, check out Chapter 10 of Sun Tzu's The Art of War.

P.S. "When you engage in actual fighting, if victory is long in coming, then men's weapons will grow dull and their ardor will be damped. If you lay siege to a town [or Skywars island], you will exhaust your strength [potion.]" -Sun Tzu if he was a gamer.

Zelreedy

Oct 6, 2014
In a game where a single snowball can spell the doom of a player clad in full diamond armor and an inventory full of notch apples, I really don't think a strength potion is the biggest issue when it comes to balance. If a player uses a strength potion, simply kite that player until the potion's duration has run out or adapt your tactic to fight that player at range.

Skywars is a strategy-based PvP game, so if someone's strategy is to literally hulk out, you can counter that by forcing them into a situation where they can be spleefed, knocked off, shot, or lured into a trap. Stay mobile, don't allow yourself to fall into a siege situation, and remember that the alteration of terrain can be your biggest ally. For further reading, check out Chapter 10 of Sun Tzu's The Art of War.

This is the point, how can you simply run from a guy who has strength effect for 3 mins. There are no tactics to beat strength guys, unless that guy who's using strength is a terrible player, and I'm absolutely sure of that. I'll prove you that all of your tactics won't really work. 1.For spleefing, they drink the strength potions when they arrive to enemy islands, so there's no way to spleef them on your island. 2.For knocking them off, you can't knock off a guy who's right in the middle of the island fighting you (unless you mean while building, which I said before, won't really work). All you can do is knock him away and delay your death a few seconds, literally. Shooting is still the same thing, as they don't drink the potion until they arrive to enemy islands. People keep saying trap them, but I'm not exactly sure how can you trap a player any way in Team Skywars. If you can actually mention some traps that did work out for you in Team Skywars, it'd be amazing. If you can also try the Hulk Kit in there and tell me your results, it'd be awesome. I don't even mind if you want to test it with me, to make sure yourself.

Please keep in mind the few important points I said before: You don't really know whether a player has strength or no when he attacks you. By the time you do, it'll be too late to perform any of your tactics; Normal and Basic Game modes are meant to have Normal stuff, which I doubt Strength potions match; No matter how long you run, they will eventually kill you, even if they hit you once every 10 seconds; Strength effected guys kill players who are full diamond armored in 3-4 hits, keep in mind others who are not always able to get full diamond, and end up using weaker armor; There are no ways to counter strength potions in other smaller maps, Mario, Rainbow, and Music, for example.

King_FTW

Apr 9, 2015
Where you are not at
i think it is kinda difficult to know what kit you need to take for that match. Since mostely of the players vote at the last second you won't be able to choose that kit. Also if there is getting a lock on basic and normal it would be harder to win and kill. -1 for me sorry

Members Online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

CrystalLegend01 wrote on savina875's profile.
Thank you for the follow! And welcome to the Forums
MrTommy wrote on Eli's profile.
So ypy finally admitting im good at something :D
Screenshot_20240425_224822_Samsung Internet.jpg
Reesle wrote on The NightGhost02's profile.
Happy Birthday!! 🥳
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy Birthday!:D
Thjis wrote on CubeCraft's profile.
Happy Bday Cube Bedrock!
Top Bottom