Should this map be added?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Diav

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jan 16, 2020
Venice
Hello, this is a map I've been working on in the past days.

As you can see it's a summer time map with the theme "Pool party".

This map is made for 3 players each team, which means a total of 18 players. The map has almost the same layout of the new Eggwars map "Library". On the starting islands you can find one golden generator and one iron generator (Maybe I should add another one but I'm not sure yet) and one diamond generator (broken), the 2 middlle islands have 2 iron generators and 1 goden generator. The main middle island has 2 diamond generators, 1 golden generator and 2 iron generators.

I'd like to thank @Yoya for giving me the idea of replacing the hamburger and the normal boring glass I made before with a coconut and with a martini glass.

Let me know what you think about the map, thanks!
2020-05-13_20.04.36.png
2020-05-13_20.04.42.png
2020-05-13_20.04.49.png
2020-05-13_20.04.57.png
2020-05-13_20.05.02.png
2020-05-13_20.05.22.png 2020-05-13_20.05.27.png 2020-05-13_20.05.33.png 2020-05-13_20.11.25.png 2020-05-13_20.11.39.png 2020-05-13_20.11.48.png

ItzEnd3r

Forum Expert
Aug 18, 2019
Boulder
www.cubecraft.net
Hello, this is a map I've been working on in the past days.

As you can see it's a summer time map with the theme "Pool party".

This map is made for 3 players each team, which means a total of 18 players. The map has almost the same layout of the new Eggwars map "Library". On the starting islands you can find one golden generator and one iron generator (Maybe I should add another one but I'm not sure yet) and one diamond generator (broken), the 2 middlle islands have 2 iron generators and 1 goden generator. The main middle island has 2 diamond generators, 1 golden generator and 2 iron generators.

I'd like to thank @Yoya for giving me the idea of replacing the hamburger and the normal boring glass I made before with a coconut and with a martini glass.

Let me know what you think about the map, thanks!
View attachment 164553 View attachment 164554 View attachment 164555 View attachment 164556 View attachment 164557 View attachment 164558 View attachment 164559 View attachment 164560 View attachment 164561 View attachment 164562 View attachment 164563
Ok, First this looks absolutely amazing. Purely based on looks this would be a 110% yes! But I play Eggwars a lot and I feel like playing on this map would take forever, It is in the same layout as tea party (one of my least favorite maps due to how much camping takes place) and I feel like this map would have the same issue but worse. The chairs have so much room on the back to build a small base and just camp there for the entire game. The same issue comes with the diamond gen on the beach ball, if you have a punch bow you will become un touchable because you would be REQUIRED to build up to the beachball giving the campers plenty of time to bow you down. So although the map is absolutely gorgeous I need to vote no because there would be so much camping.

Diav

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jan 16, 2020
Venice
Amazing map, you really are incredible at building. However, personally I don't like these kind of big maps. Based on the looks, I will definitely vote for yes.
Ok, First this looks absolutely amazing. Purely based on looks this would be a 110% yes! But I play Eggwars a lot and I feel like playing on this map would take forever, It is in the same layout as tea party (one of my least favorite maps due to how much camping takes place) and I feel like this map would have the same issue but worse. The chairs have so much room on the back to build a small base and just camp there for the entire game. The same issue comes with the diamond gen on the beach ball, if you have a punch bow you will become un touchable because you would be REQUIRED to build up to the beachball giving the campers plenty of time to bow you down. So although the map is absolutely gorgeous I need to vote no because there would be so much camping.
Yes I get what you mean guys and I think the same but the fact is that I thought the map to be enjoyable and maybe take longer than some others map, I didn’t think about it to be used by people who farm wins, I want this map to be played by people who really have fun playing games and don’t really care about wins. I’ve been playing Eggwars for years and when I first started playing I remember I had so much more fun playing games because they’d maybe take longer but they were more intense and funny. There was a period where I used to farm wins as well but surely it wasn’t as funny as playing an intense game. This is my personal opinion and so yeah, this is a map for fun not for wins ^-^

Reactions: Axyy

Axyy

Forum Expert
Oct 18, 2016
Gone
www.cubecraft.net
Yes I get what you mean guys and I think the same but the fact is that I thought the map to be enjoyable and maybe take longer than some others map, I didn’t think about it to be used by people who farm wins, I want this map to be played by people who really have fun playing games and don’t really care about wins. I’ve been playing Eggwars for years and when I first started playing I remember I had so much more fun playing games because they’d maybe take longer but they were more intense and funny. There was a period where I used to farm wins as well but surely it wasn’t as funny as playing an intense game. This is my personal opinion and so yeah, this is a map for fun not for wins ^-^

Everyone has different likings when it comes to maps, I like small competitive maps with games not taking ages to finish. Others may like maps that take longer, and have more of an intense sort of gameplay. I voted yes because it just looks amazing, still I would probably not enjoy playing on it.

Reactions: Diav

Nutuu

Forum Expert
Oct 7, 2017
Western Finland
It looks great!
But I voted no because:
Even though it does look great I won't play it in eggwars. I feel like people would camp on top of the sunbeds. I feel like the mid is too big. It would be easy to camp on the lower parts of the middle.

I'm not going to list every single possible thing I see there but I agree with every thing @ItzEnd3r said.

Reactions: _The13thDoctor_

Diav

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jan 16, 2020
Venice
It looks great!
But I voted no because:
Even though it does look great I won't play it in eggwars. I feel like people would camp on top of the sunbeds. I feel like the mid is too big. It would be easy to camp on the lower parts of the middle.

I'm not going to list every single possible thing I see there but I agree with every thing @ItzEnd3r said.

As I said this isn't a map made for farm winners but just a map for people who want to have fun playing and don't just care about wins. I don't think people would camp on the top of sunbeds, it'd be easy to reach them walking zig-zag through the island and so reach them, there are a lot of other maps there is way easier to camp, like on the maps with trees. The mid is surely big and I agree with you, I kinda followed the style of teaparty (pool party). "it would be easy to camp on the lower part of the middle", to avoid this I was planning on putting invisible blocks where there are those little cracks, if someone goes down there you can just get a tnt and blow them up into the void lol.

Also I see that @_The13thDoctor_ Voted no and keeps liking the comments, I'd like to know why, like in your map submission where people were voting no and you were pretending an answer by them :)

Axyy

Forum Expert
Oct 18, 2016
Gone
www.cubecraft.net
Also I see that @_The13thDoctor_ Voted no and keeps liking the comments, I'd like to know why, like in your map submission where people were voting no and you were pretending an answer by them :)

Well she is liking the posts she agrees on, no need to have multiple replies with the exact same points. The like button is there for a reason, I guess.

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
As I said this isn't a map made for farm winners but just a map for people who want to have fun playing and don't just care about wins. I don't think people would camp on the top of sunbeds, it'd be easy to reach them walking zig-zag through the island and so reach them, there are a lot of other maps there is way easier to camp, like on the maps with trees. The mid is surely big and I agree with you, I kinda followed the style of teaparty (pool party). "it would be easy to camp on the lower part of the middle", to avoid this I was planning on putting invisible blocks where there are those little cracks, if someone goes down there you can just get a tnt and blow them up into the void lol.

Ill write a response when I can, I am extremely busy but most of my points have to do with users who have shared similar opinions. But what do you mean by: “like in your map submission where people were voting no and you were pretending an answer by them” I don’t know what that means or how it has to do with this topic.

Ediinsonn

Novice Member
Nov 28, 2019
The map is very creative, but due to the positions I think it would be uncomfortable to play

Earth

Forum Veteran
Oct 21, 2015
Nowhere
Good concept, average at best execution. I'm sorry, but this map just SCREAMS camping. This is Teaparty but worse.
critique.png

There are SO many spots people can camp, and they're all ridiculously obnoxious. The spawn islands are pretty bad as well, as sloped islands are never a good idea. (Well, at least as extreme as this)
it'd be easy to reach them walking zig-zag through the island and so reach them, there are a lot of other maps there is way easier to camp, like on the maps with trees.
I don't think you realize how annoying it is to run up a hill whilst trying to avoid basically anything that can knock you back. I barely ever see people camp on trees, and if they do, it's far from being as obnoxious as this would be, because the tree itself covers so much. This is just a giant open area.

Don't get me wrong, I think it looks cool and all, but I would honestly never want to play on this.

Diav

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jan 16, 2020
Venice
Good concept, average at best execution. I'm sorry, but this map just SCREAMS camping. This is Teaparty but worse.
View attachment 164586
There are SO many spots people can camp, and they're all ridiculously obnoxious. The spawn islands are pretty bad as well, as sloped islands are never a good idea. (Well, at least as extreme as this)

I don't think you realize how annoying it is to run up a hill whilst trying to avoid basically anything that can knock you back. I barely ever see people camp on trees, and if they do, it's far from being as obnoxious as this would be, because the tree itself covers so much. This is just a giant open area.

Don't get me wrong, I think it looks cool and all, but I would honestly never want to play on this.

I get what you mean, but in most of the maps there are spots where people can camp, should we just build flat areas?

For the middle spots in the cracks you mentioned, I said I was gonna fill the cracks with invisible blocks so that people can't go there, and if they build down then you can just get a tnt and drop it over them and kill them easily. Same thing goes for the spots under the chair, with a tnt right placed you can kill them easily.
For the spot behind the chair you could build below them and break blocks underneath them, making them falling into the void.
The spot on the top of the chair could be annoying yeah but usually people who camp dont have a good aim and if you know how to avoid arrows you can reach the enemies.
The annoying stops could be on top of the ball and on the top of the flamingo.

As I mentioned before this isn't a map for tryharders who want to win games fast and without any effort, this is a map where anyone can use their style of gameplay as they prefer. I am used to rush and win games fast as well, but I know a lot of people would enjoy playing this map because it would be different than the usual boring and fast games.

I was expecting this reaction from the people here on the forum, I know that most of you all just want wins and fast games and this surely isn't a suitable map for that so I'm not surprised.

This is a map made for people who aren't rushers or tryharders but for people who just want to have fun playing and don't care if it takes long, as long as it's funny.
I don't expect everyone to understand it.

Reactions: Levi_the_pro

ItzEnd3r

Forum Expert
Aug 18, 2019
Boulder
www.cubecraft.net
usually people who camp dont have a good aim and if you know how to avoid arrows you can reach the enemies.
I completely disagree with this statement, imo campers have the best aim because the bow is their main weapon so they use it well.
I know that most of you all just want wins and fast games and this surely isn't a suitable map for that so I'm not surprised.
Same with this statement, a lot of us aren't win farmers, but we just don't enjoy sitting on gens for 3 hours because the one camper keeps hitting us into the void. camping spots are annoying for everyone except the campers, not just "tryhards" or "rushers"

Jun 3, 2020
I give it a yes
I dont play alot of eggwars so i dont know what to say about it its Great
The building is amazing there is alot of camping spots But i would definitely like to play it if its for both java and bedrock

Queen Ualala

May 4, 2020
Two islands are closer to mid that the third on each half of the map, so because of that two teams will be able to rush whilst the third unlucky one will half to deal with rushers from both sides.

Diav

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jan 16, 2020
Venice
Two islands are closer to mid that the third on each half of the map, so because of that two teams will be able to rush whilst the third unlucky one will half to deal with rushers from both sides.
It’s the same layout as maps as city, jungle, library and others that I probably forgot, and they’re very good maps. I appreciate that you spend time to give it a feedback but maybe try to say something useful and have a bit of knowledge about eggwars

ItzEnd3r

Forum Expert
Aug 18, 2019
Boulder
www.cubecraft.net
It’s the same layout as maps as city, jungle, library and others that I probably forgot, and they’re very good maps. I appreciate that you spend time to give it a feedback but maybe try to say something useful and have a bit of knowledge about eggwars
he is saying that you placed some of your islands wrong, just select the area and //move the one island closer. I would say that was great feedback, i wouldnt want to play on a map where one island is closer to mid then the others

FireExcalibur10

Forum Expert
Jul 3, 2016
Andromeda
he is saying that you placed some of your islands wrong, just select the area and //move the one island closer. I would say that was great feedback, i wouldnt want to play on a map where one island is closer to mid then the others
There are some maps in cube that have several islands closer to mid than others, just clarifying.

Reactions: Nutuu
Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on privqted's profile.
Cool Youtuber!
Basketman wrote on JellyFish01's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎂
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on JellyFish01's profile.
Happy Birthday!:D
Mr Jii Gamer wrote on JellyFish01's profile.
Happy birthday
Xi1m wrote on JellyFish01's profile.
hbd
Top Bottom