Status
Not open for further replies.

Hinterglemmer

Nov 2, 2018
Belgium
Panda_thumbnail_2.png

"Ohn look, what a cutie"

🐼 PANDA 🐼

First of all, happy holidays everyone! Hopefully 2021 will be a better year.

A few months ago I made my first map submission ( you can check it HERE ) . It was a success, I got a lot of positive reactions which I really appreciate. And that's one of the reasons why I've been working on a new map the last few days, namely 'Panda'. I'm happy with the result and I'm curious what you guys think.
I also want to thank @Huns for the little help with the panda 😛

Gamemode: Team Eggwars
Total amount of players: 20
Players per team: 5

Starter Island ( RED, LIGHT BLUE, PURPLE, YELLOW ):
~ 3 iron generators
~ 1 gold generator
~ 1 diamond generator

Sub-middle Island:
~
1 iron generator
~ 1 gold generator

Middle Island:
~ 2 iron generators
~ 2 gold generators
~ 2 diamond generators
~ 1 emerald generator

(Of course, the amount/place of generators can be changed)

2020-12-28_11.11.37.png
2020-12-27_22.04.53.png
2020-12-27_23.15.07.png
2020-12-27_22.14.03.png
2020-12-27_22.14.16.png
2020-12-27_22.14.26.png
2020-12-27_22.14.34.png
2020-12-27_22.06.32.png
2020-12-27_22.11.52.png
2020-12-28_11.13.01.png
2020-12-27_22.12.02.png
2020-12-27_22.12.10.png
2020-12-27_22.16.26.png
2020-12-27_22.16.38.png
2020-12-27_22.16.51.png
2020-12-27_22.11.40.png
2020-12-27_22.15.21.png
2020-12-27_22.10.11.png

You can find a GIF, all screenshots and screenshots with shaders via this link:
✨I hope you like the map! Vote above and feel free to give a reaction, feedback or other tips. I would appreciate that!✨
Stay safe and have a good day!

~ Simon | Hinterglemmer ~

FireExcalibur10

Forum Expert
Jul 3, 2016
Andromeda
Hello! The map itself is well made and has a pretty good islands shape, but the only thing that bothers me is the height of the panda and the oriental temple on mid. That could cause camping issues, otherwise it's a good map ;)

Ben5124

Jun 5, 2020
The UK
Not gonna lie this is a really nice map, personally I would love to play on it as some of the features seem interesting like the diamond gens. If I had one suggestion it would be to add more detail, but it really doesn't need anything else. Nice job I love this!

Ferrcho

Jun 24, 2019
Spain
WoW! This map is very good, but I think the islands are quite far from each other, but they have a lot of details that I love. But I think the map would be better if it is 4v4. And the generators in the semi-center I think should be level 3 the iron and level 2 the gold.

Good Work! Keep it up!

Hinterglemmer

Nov 2, 2018
Belgium
You forgot to put a poll! D:

The map looks amazing and I'd personally like to see how this get implemented! +1
Indeed, I had forgotten. There should be a poll now. And thanks!
Hello! The map itself is well made and has a pretty good islands shape, but the only thing that bothers me is the height of the panda and the oriental temple on mid. That could cause camping issues, otherwise it's a good map ;)
Thank you! I've thought about this too, but there are a lot of eggwars maps with high structures on mid where you can camp. It's only rarely done (in my experience). So yeah... 🤷‍♂️ But I know what you mean.
Not gonna lie this is a really nice map, personally I would love to play on it as some of the features seem interesting like the diamond gens. If I had one suggestion it would be to add more detail, but it really doesn't need anything else. Nice job I love this!
Thanks! You cannot break blocks of the map itself in eggwars. So if you are going to place a lot of details, this will hinder pvp. It's better to have some open plains.
WoW! This map is very good, but I think the islands are quite far from each other, but they have a lot of details that I love. But I think the map would be better if it is 4v4. And the generators in the semi-center I think should be level 3 the iron and level 2 the gold.

Good Work! Keep it up!
Thank you! The distances are good for teams of 5 I think. And I also hesitated between teams of 4 or 5. At the moment there are only 4 maps for teams of 5 (on Java) and much more for teams of 4. So I've chosen for 5. The islands are also quite big.

BUT, this is what I think. If he would be accepted, staff would choose what is best in terms of generators, teams, distances...
This is super good, the detail is amazing and the panda himself is so adorable even if it is made of blocks.
I love pandas but this build is great.
Thank you! ☺️

Fesa

Quality Assurance
Team CubeCraft
🧪 Quality Assurance
💌 Customer Support
Oct 17, 2016
Yoitsu
Pronouns
She/Her
Amazing map! Would certainly want to see it added!!
Might have the distance from island to submid and from submid to mid and from the island? If that's possible :)

Reactions: Hinterglemmer

Gemmmmie

Forum Veteran
Dec 31, 2017
The Butterfly Gardens
I absolutely love this map, I rarely play large team games but I would because of this beautiful creation. The theming is outstanding, so much detail and texture. It is quite a big map, but that isn't a problem, perhaps move the semi middle islands a few blocks forward as well as the starter islands. Overall, amazing work!

Hinterglemmer

Nov 2, 2018
Belgium
Amazing map! Would certainly want to see it added!!
Might have the distance from island to submid and from submid to mid and from the island? If that's possible :)
I absolutely love this map, I rarely play large team games but I would because of this beautiful creation. The theming is outstanding, so much detail and texture. It is quite a big map, but that isn't a problem, perhaps move the semi middle islands a few blocks forward as well as the starter islands. Overall, amazing work!
Thankss! The distances are:
+/- 25 blocks from starter island to sub-mid
+/- 30 blocks from sub-mid to mid
So about a total of 60 blocks. I don't know if this is too much, but it's easy to change :)

Fesa

Quality Assurance
Team CubeCraft
🧪 Quality Assurance
💌 Customer Support
Oct 17, 2016
Yoitsu
Pronouns
She/Her
Thankss! The distances are:
+/- 25 blocks from starter island to sub-mid
+/- 30 blocks from sub-mid to mid
So about a total of 60 blocks. I don't know if this is too much, but it's easy to change :)
I believe that's a bit too much. I all the other Egg maps you're able to build to mid with the 45 blocks you can buy with the money bags kit, I'd be nice to keep this trend!
If that's changed, it'd be an amazing Eggwars map to play, a variation on Beach with a more interesting mid!!

Hinterglemmer

Nov 2, 2018
Belgium
The map is very good you have my vote and if they will put it I hope it will be in bedrock good luck :D
Wow the map is absolutely stunning. I think Eggwars could use another 5p map which is why I voted yes. Great build! 🤩
Thank you! :)
although I voted yes, I recommend you read this

https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/solo-eggwars-excalibur.219327/post-1057873
(The kong map part)
I didn't know that about that map. But the shape of Kong is different from the panda. If someone goes camping on the panda, there are a lot of possibilities to come up here if the campers have a bow. You can go via the gate, via the bamboo, via the thick belly of the panda...
But I know what you mean. I also like to have faster and better gameplay than people camping all the time. So, I'll look for possible solutions, or if a level designer has tips about this, shoot :)

Levi_the_pro

Forum Expert
Nov 21, 2016
I don't like the middle feels small for a map for teams of 5 feels like it would be hard to run away if there's a few people chasing me and

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Mr Jii Gamer wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy birthday 🎈
yeoxuhang wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎉🎂
𝑷𝑹𝑶 𝑾𝑰𝑵𝑵𝑨𝑨𝑹 wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy bday 🎉