Not open for further replies.

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
1603552501480.png

Map Builders: Neptuune, Aries104, Shamel, Gainfullterror
Map Editors: WinterFeather, InfernoFeather, Jarg104_ , RainyDayz_ , MeanValueTheorem, zCaleb

The Map
This map is relatively big. It's a 10v10v10v10 Team Eggwars map. We think the player cap is the same as Tea Party and Mushrooms, but with a different team layout. This was inspired by a Team Eggwars map from the past with the same name, which was unfortunately removed only to return briefly during the nostalgia week. You could say this is a remaster of the original Area 51.

How is this map unique?
Our goal was to introduce a new map concept, with four teams of 10., all while keeping the charm of the original Area 51 map. The player and team count are an attempt to avoid quick, boring games, where teams rush the only other island immediately. As you may already know, the 10v10 maps Mansion and Rome usually end up being unbalanced, and the games tend to be 10 minutes long at most.

We found lots of feedback for the old Area 51 map, which includes:
  • Team islands were too far away from each other
  • The middle island had very difficult terrain to navigate. Not only was it too tall, but there wasn’t a lot of room for combat above and below at mid.
  • Map was too dark
How did we address this feedback?
Firstly, we moved team islands closer to each other and mid, we also added sub-middle islands.
1603553198775.png

Secondly, we flattened and re-designed the middle island to favor PVP more. We also made the middle island equal distances to the team islands, where previously this wasn't possible in a perfect way due to the nature of diagonal islands.
1603553314288.png

Thirdly, we added lighting around the map. We hope to include a feature from the old map, giving players night vision when the game starts. If players can't get night vision, the map is well-lit enough to be able to play properly without it.

1603553462611.png

As far as camping goes, we plan to have the build limit begin at the very bottom of the UFO above the middle island, and also have barrier blocks on the edge of the UFO going up into the sky to counter ender pearls. This way we don't have to worry about camping on top of the UFO.

More Screenshots and Generator Locations
Non-shader Overview Screenshots

Shader Overview Screenshots

Team Islands - 3 Iron Generators (two level 4, one level 2), 2 Gold Generators (both level 1), 1 Diamond Generator (broken)

Sub Middle Islands - Alternating Gold and Diamond Generators (Gold is level 2, Diamond is level 1)

Middle Island - 4 Iron Generators (all level 2), 2 Gold Generators (both level 2), 2 Diamond Generators (both level 3), 1 Emerald Generator (broken)

#BringBackArea51

Last edited:

Exarpo

Jun 29, 2019
Pretty cool map :D. Good job.
One thing I'd change os that the roads(the ones around the mid island) aren't as round as they could be(the curve is a bit sharp), otherwise I like it.

Reactions: MeliodasWrath

Mivke

Forum Expert
Sep 10, 2018
Rotterdam
www.youtube.com
The gens need to be more balanced and i think mid is to far away, i also think that the islands are too big but if it gets some kind of change it will be amazing

EggCracker12

Aug 9, 2020
this map looks like it will take too long to win which will be a little boring compared to maps like rome/orc/mansion which are quick and fun so i dont think it should get added
we already have some 40 player maps which are also boring and long so another would mean we would have to remove one of them
if you replace tea party with this map then i wouldnt mind but if you just add it without taking tea party away then i think its too many boring maps so i vote no

Aries104

Novice Member
Nov 20, 2016
if you replace tea party with this map then i wouldnt mind but if you just add it without taking tea party away then i think its too many boring maps so i vote no

Tea party is a very popular map. I would never dream of replacing that map with anything. This is a new way to play eggwars and is targeted towards bigger parties that want to play together.

10v10 maps are like you mentioned, quick. Although you find them fun, I personally find them to be unbalanced and boring. Those particular maps attract win farmers and I t takes one team full of decent players to wipe out the other team in just under 10 minutes. A 10v10v10v10 requires people to actually put forth the effort to win.
This is simply a new way to play a classic game. It just might be interesting 😉

Fesa

Quality Assurance
Team CubeCraft
🧪 Quality Assurance
Oct 17, 2016
Yoitsu
Pronouns
She/Her
I voted no because even thought the map looks really great, it's a bad Eggwars map for a couple of reasons.
First on, the concept of a 10v10v10v10 is amazing, it's something new to Eggwars that will bring some new strategies and interesting "wars" between clans
What I would change:

• Island are too far from mid, you're able to reach mid with less than 45 blocks in every map. So I'd like to see the same here! (Also, to make teams with drag clicking god bridgers too op)
  • Starter island are too big, I know that you're with 10 on it, but it's still quite big. If you look at 10v10 maps, the island are big but everything is centred around the "general" starting point to mid. But these islands are too big, everything is spread out and you can keep running for way too long
  • Gens: this is my main problem with the map. Gens in Eggwars are the most important thing for balance, in a 10v10v10v10 this is really hard. As for now, it has to be tweaked really hard
    • Main islands:
      • More iron, but more importantly more gens. Since it's a 10v10v10v10, going to mid faster and having blocks will be even more important. I'd change it to 4 gens (at minimum) with 3 (or more) lvl3 and 1 broken.
      • I honestly like the 1-2 lvl gold gens more (like in Rome and Nightmare) but since that's more of a preference I don't mind
      • 2 diamond gens. 1 really isn't enough for 10 players :)
    • Sub- mid
      • I'd honestly change it all to gold gens. To force everyone to go to mid at least once.
    • Mid
      • For iron, it's fine. I'm not sure where they are positioned but make sure every team has 1 that's theirs according to the proximity to their island
      • Gold, I'd also change it to 4 gens. And for the level, you have to decide how you want the game play to be. With or without a lot of gold. I'd like with more since you have more gaps but also obby and tnt to take the Egg with.
      • Diamond, this has to be 4 of them and all level 3. The main premises of these kinds of big games is diamond control. This is one of the reasons why Rome isn't liked for tryhard v tryhard games. (Also, mid is one big slab pls fix :3) Make sure to put them such that every team has 1
I'd really like to comment on the location of the gens, but I don't really know where they are so :(

Small extra comment:
10v10 maps are like you mentioned, quick. Although you find them fun, I personally find them to be unbalanced and boring. Those particular maps attract win farmers and I t takes one team full of decent players to wipe out the other team in just under 10 minutes.
A 10v10 with sub 10min is a long game :), most games are sub3min against randoms. And tryhard v tryhard can be done under 10min, which is a good game. (Or sub3min if it's @HackersDontWin 's party 💙 )

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
Island are too far from mid, you're able to reach mid with less than 45 blocks in every map. So I'd like to see the same here! (Also, to make teams with drag clicking god bridgers too op)
Although the distances between the islands and the middle may seem far due to the FOV of the one who took the screenshots, it's only about 48 44 blocks. I don't think this is too large, seeing as, for example, in Kingdom and Teaparty the amount of blocks to get to mid is about 45 blocks if my memory serves me correctly. And as for the point about "speed bridging" being "too OP", I don't think that's really a fair criticism for the map itself. Players are rewarded for the skills they have, and I don't think it's fair to minimize the effect it has on their game simply because they're "too OP". Every map benefits from bridging faster.

Starter island are too big, I know that you're with 10 on it, but it's still quite big. If you look at 10v10 maps, the island are big but everything is centred around the "general" starting point to mid. But these islands are too big, everything is spread out and you can keep running for way too long
Personally, I don't mind the big islands. Rome, Mansion and Aztec are all way bigger and don't suffer from these problems you're mentioning. And the original Area 51 was also about this size (not totally accurate since we can't directly compare, but you get the point) and also did not suffer from people running too much. I doubt it will be a big problem here despite all I mentioned above.

Gens: this is my main problem with the map. Gens in Eggwars are the most important thing for balance, in a 10v10v10v10 this is really hard. As for now, it has to be tweaked really hard
As far as the number of generators go and the levels and such, I don't have much to say. I don't know what the ideal number of these generators on the main islands would be, but we kept it similar to the other 10 player maps in overall production speed at the beginning of the game. By this I mean that while there may be differing amounts of generators, the production speed of the resources should compensate for it. If that doesn't end up compensating, then I'm all for adding a few more here and there.

As far as the diamond gen criticism goes, I disagree. The design of this map does not favor having many diamonds for all teams, and that's an intentional design. If one team gets to mid first and was to loot 4 level 3 diamond generators, they'd immediately have 40 diamonds seeing as mid is not too big (intentional design). Instead of having entire teams being stacked, I personally like the idea more of people roaming around in different levels of gear most of the time. Y'know, an iron geared person or two per team, some chain, and some leather. I think this would make for more interesting fights honestly. If a team does want to get iron armor for everyone, that's where the sub middle diamond gens come into play. Instead of several diamond generators on a main island, they have to capitalize on one of the sub middle islands to get any meaningful diamond income. Of course, they also have to defend these generators as other teams may want to capitalize on them too. If the sub middle islands had no diamond generators, nobody would bother going for them as just an extra gold generator isn't worth protecting and spreading your team for.
Basically, the diamond generator layout is perfect for having unique team gear dynamics, while also encouraging the use of the sub middle islands if a team does want everyone in iron gear all while not guaranteeing that diamonds are important to win the game. The risk with that, of course, is that the team players are spread out which could potentially make them more vulnerable. In an ideal game with equally skilled teams, I think it would be cool to have situations where there are groups within a 10 player team who stick together and do their own "tasks" with different strategies which wouldn't really be possible in other maps.

Last edited:

EggCracker12

Aug 9, 2020
Tea party is a very popular map. I would never dream of replacing that map with anything. This is a new way to play eggwars and is targeted towards bigger parties that want to play together.

10v10 maps are like you mentioned, quick. Although you find them fun, I personally find them to be unbalanced and boring. Those particular maps attract win farmers and I t takes one team full of decent players to wipe out the other team in just under 10 minutes. A 10v10v10v10 requires people to actually put forth the effort to win.
This is simply a new way to play a classic game. It just might be interesting 😉
well orc mansion rome dont even take 10 minutes they take more like 2 or 3 minutes to win but thats the hole point: most people want quick games and quick wins so even if we lose it dont feel like we wasted much time
this way the games are like skywars where they fill up fast and finish quickly and every thing is fast pace
but in this 10v10v10v10 idea it would take 30 minutes maybe 40 which is boring and not fun for anyone in my opinion
maybe if there is a 15 minute time limit before dragons start destroying the map or some thing it would be OK or if you change the map to 5v5v5v5 it would be OK too because the map looks good i just think it would take too long so rushers wont be able to play

Reactions: Aries104

Aries104

Novice Member
Nov 20, 2016
well orc mansion rome dont even take 10 minutes they take more like 2 or 3 minutes to win but thats the hole point: most people want quick games and quick wins so even if we lose it dont feel like we wasted much time

I can’t really speak for a majority, but what I do know is that I personally do not play eggwars for “quick wins”. I play because I want to play eggwars. If the game ends up being 2-3 min then cool! But I don’t go into a game hoping to quickly get out of it.

This particular map and game mode is for players who actually want to play the game no matter how long it’ll take. Adding a time limit with dragons should remain on bedwars. This is CubeCraft’s eggwars, not bedwars.
It’s a new concept that bigger parties can participate in. The good news is that there are plenty of 10v10 maps for you to play! Thank you for your feedback.

WinterFeather

Oct 24, 2020
England
I can’t really speak for a majority, but what I do know is that I personally do not play eggwars for “quick wins”. I play because I want to play eggwars. If the game ends up being 2-3 min then cool! But I don’t go into a game hoping to quickly get out of it.

This particular map and game mode is for players who actually want to play the game no matter how long it’ll take. Adding a time limit with dragons should remain on bedwars. This is CubeCraft’s eggwars, not bedwars.
It’s a new concept that bigger parties can participate in. The good news is that there are plenty of 10v10 maps for you to play! Thank you for your feedback.

I agree; I think the larger parties on the server would enjoy being able to have a map that could fit their numbers and last longer than a few minutes. It's difficult to get into a proper match with more than six people that isn't decided in the first minute, and this map would certainly help with that.

In my opinion, the longer games where my team and I are constantly fighting are much more fun and much more memorable than the shorter matches.

Reactions: Neptuune

EggCracker12

Aug 9, 2020

well i think it is very bad if a new player came to the server and joins a map like this that just take too long and they will probably end up losing so it wastes a lot of there time.
they will probably never play eggwars and the server again but if they played mansion they will probably win and it dont take too long so it will feel nicer so they want to play the server more and want to play eggwars more.
that is why i think even more faster maps should be added instead and not more boring maps.
just my opinion though but i know the owners agree with me and will not add this to the server ever just saying xd

• Sad
Reactions: MeliodasWrath
Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

GiGaGekkies wrote on Casualpoalrbear's profile.
Happy Birthday
WorriedSkate940 wrote on Xi1m's profile.
Your friend request on CubeCraft was my 300th! I accepted it though :)
wer2wer2 wrote on Casualpoalrbear's profile.
Happy birthday!
cryptofrogz wrote on Casualpoalrbear's profile.
Happy birthday
IMG_1580.jpeg
Top Bottom