Not open for further replies.

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
Disclaimer: I have full permission to change existing maps into different game modes so please don't vote no because it's "copied" or "not original" vote based on if you like the new changes and if it would work for the game mode. Also please don't vote no because it's unnecessary, that's not how the thread poll works. :P

I'm back! I got a great submission for you guys I'm sure you're going to love! (Make sure you look at the screenshots as I included a little sneak peek for my next submission)

Map Name: Bugs

Creator(s): @_The13thDoctor_ (Whoever made Bugs)

Description of map: Bugs is a larger scale map with honeycomb and bees as the player island, the half middle is a ladybug on a beautiful leaf, going to middle watch out for the cobwebs, make your way to the chopped tree where the beetle protects his generators, there are also giant trees surrounding middle on little islands that are mostly decoration but can be used to bridge to other islands or make tactical retreats. The map makes uses of all islands as it takes inspiration from Pizza. It's fast pace exciting gameplay, it's also structured so you have to go to the middle at some point. (There are barrier blocks to prevent anyone from entering the trees don't worry, I love big trees so I always make sure to put them in there.)

More about the map:
-Teams of 2
-8 Teams and 16 Players Total
-Every Starting Island Has: 2 Iron Gens (Level 2 and Level 1) and 1 Gold Gen (Level 1) and 1 Diamond Gen (Broken)
-Half Mid Has: 1 Diamond Gen (Level 1) and 1 Gold Gen (Level 2)
-Middle Has: 2 Diamond Gens (Level 3) 2 Gold Gens (Level 4) 2 Iron Gens (Level 4) and 1 Emerald Gen (Level 1)

(NOTE: Emerald Gen items and the gen its self is TBD if it will stay, feel free to make suggestions about the gens location or items, do not make suggestions whether it should be included as that is up to @Camezonda

Your feedback is very much appreciated! Good or bad I'd like to hear it! Please, however, vote based on how much you like the map gameplay and style-wise, keep in mind this is going to be a map for everyone so don't vote if you want to be a troll or you don't like me.

Link to Pictures: https://imgur.com/a/xNLgmWv
Video of Map:
Video of Emerald Gen Items:

Special Thanks:
@Nutuu @Robbedz and @Soulless_Unity for advice on how to improve the map and gameplay.
@ImJunior for helping do boring fill-in work.
Whoever originally made Bugs.
Anyone else who helped me out with this.

Last edited:

Andyyy

Forum Expert
Dec 7, 2016
Blockwars
Isn't there a version of this map that was/is already in cube? You said (whoever made bugs) so is it possible to show us the differences between this one and that? I don't remember it that well but I can't work out what has changed. Thanks.

Reactions: Eli

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
Isn't there a version of this map that was/is already in cube? You said (whoever made bugs) so is it possible to show us the differences between this one and that? I don't remember it that well but I can't work out what has changed. Thanks.

I was told that I can do stuff with this like editing maps and changing maps for other game modes. Any other reason you voted no?

NJuNyni.png

Priley

Forum Professional
Jul 6, 2015
reprotland
Yes, there's a Team SkyWars maps called Bugs.

EhxalZq.jpg

This map is 90% identical to that map which is why I don't think it should be added as it's basically just copied. Aside from that, the poll is biased

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
Yes, there's a Team SkyWars maps called Bugs.

EhxalZq.jpg

This map is 90% identical to that map which is why I don't think it should be added as it's basically just copied. Aside from that, the poll is biased

It's not fully copied as I changed a bit to make it fit in more with Egg Wars, not to mention I was told I can make maps for other game modes it's just in terms of adding them once accepted there at the bottom of the pile. This isn't about whether its original or not as this has been done in the past for other maps. It's a matter if you like it and If it would work. How is the poll biased?

Priley

Forum Professional
Jul 6, 2015
reprotland
It's not fully copied as I changed a bit to make it fit in more with Egg Wars, not to mention I was told I can make maps for other game modes it's just in terms of adding them once accepted there at the bottom of the pile. This isn't about whether its original or not as this has been done in the past for other maps. It's a matter if you like it and If it would work
I didn't say it was fully copied, I said it's about 90% copied and it is. I personally don't see the point of map submissions if you're going to be copying from current maps - except if it's a total remake

How is the poll biased?
This is how the poll should be
ALXbXQD.png

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
I didn't say it was fully copied, I said it's about 90% copied and it is. I personally don't see the point of map submissions if you're going to be copying from current maps - except if it's a total remake

This is how the poll should be
ALXbXQD.png

"Didn't say you fully copied" then "if you're going to be copying" xD

Besides that, I knew I would get slammed about this so I took the time to improve faults the map already had and not all maps like this one have to have a full remake. I felt that this one was good but I changed a lot, from the ladybugs to trees, to floating the mid and making it more necessary. Again it's a rework, and if I was allowed to submit it I see no problem. As well as this may be the only one I do for quite a while since I did test MANY MANY maps for this and this was one of the few that actually worked and was consistent. Well, I would like to know why? I don't see how it's biased, voting no and not giving me any reasons why does not help me make the map better, if anything it confuses me, the more I know about why not, the better I can do on fixing, telling me why you voted yes isn't as important as there seems to be nothing more I can fix, at the current moment. Hope you understand.

Andyyy

Forum Expert
Dec 7, 2016
Blockwars
I think this is still better suited as a skywars map. There doesn't seem to be any punch bow protection anywhere so getting that bow can just ruin people. Pizza has walls to protect you but is still on the open end. Those trees are very nice and you can certainly reuse them but I don't think it's necessary to have the "same" map in two different games. Sure, you haven't done anything particularly bad for the map so we don't have many comments there but it really looks like you have done this to slap your name on it because I can't see any other point?

Maybe you did get permission to post it and I'm not saying you shouldn't but that doesn't mean people want it. The submissions work as a democracy to some extent and I've been hit by that on my own maps as well. If it looks like I say this only to you, I tend to reply to most of the map submissions I see with what I think, sometimes that can be harsh but not trying to do that here.

You can definitely do remakes but focus on ones with inherent problems. Possibly go for maps that have been removed before that have potential. Editing a current skywars / eggwars map is pretty useless because those are already exemplar in most cases. If you want, a few people have been wanting maps for those unloved games like assassins, although I appreciate that it's a huge undertaking.

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
I think this is still better suited as a skywars map. There doesn't seem to be any punch bow protection anywhere so getting that bow can just ruin people. Pizza has walls to protect you but is still on the open end. Those trees are very nice and you can certainly reuse them but I don't think it's necessary to have the "same" map in two different games. Sure, you haven't done anything particularly bad for the map so we don't have many comments there but it really looks like you have done this to slap your name on it because I can't see any other point?

Maybe you did get permission to post it and I'm not saying you shouldn't but that doesn't mean people want it. The submissions work as a democracy to some extent and I've been hit by that on my own maps as well. If it looks like I say this only to you, I tend to reply to most of the map submissions I see with what I think, sometimes that can be harsh but not trying to do that here.

You can definitely do remakes but focus on ones with inherent problems. Possibly go for maps that have been removed before that have potential. Editing a current skywars / eggwars map is pretty useless because those are already exemplar in most cases. If you want, a few people have been wanting maps for those unloved games like assassins, although I appreciate that it's a huge undertaking.

There are quite a few areas you can go to get protected but honestly, it's up to the person to defend themselves as punch bows can screw you over wherever you go no matter what you do sometimes. Also, this has been done a lot of times most recently that Trees map from Lucky Islands came to Sky Wars. I didn't do this to slap my name on it, I really like this map and when I tested it, it worked well for Egg Wars so therefore I wanted to make this into an Egg Wars Map.

Voting no because you don't think it's necessary makes little to no sense. I really don't understand what you mean if you could elaborate.

I would work on Assasins but my time is limited as I have a lot to do in other places. I actually plan on bringing at least 2 more things, one more original (Assasins), and one massive overhaul of a current map (In Screenshots), I think you will like both. To conclude I really see no issue with porting this over with changes to egg wars as personally I have seen no major issues with the map while testing it. Thanks!

I think the map looks beautiful.

Thanks!

Reactions: Axyy

mitgobla

Marketplace Coordinator
Team CubeCraft
💙 Admin Team
🎨 Designer
🖌️ Sr. Designer
Dec 11, 2018
Wales, United Kingdom
ben-dodd.com
Pronouns
He/Him
don't see how it's biased, voting no and not giving me any reasons why does not help me make the map better, if anything it confuses me, the more I know about why not, the better I can do on fixing, telling me why you voted yes isn't as important as there seems to be nothing more I can fix, at the current moment.

Hi, just inputting on this - polls must follow the format stated in the rules: https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/map-submission-read-this-before-submitting.219318/

submission_rules_2.PNG

Since I definitely agree feedback is important, it is best if you ask for feedback in your submission (as you have). I have edited the poll to match this format - hope you understand! :)

Reactions: Axyy and Nutuu

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
Hi, just inputting on this - polls must follow the format stated in the rules: https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/map-submission-read-this-before-submitting.219318/

View attachment 161375

Since I definitely agree feedback is important, it is best if you ask for feedback in your submission (as you have). I have edited the poll to match this format - hope you understand! :)

The problem is most people don't even read through before doing silly things. I really don't see how this is a problem, but whatever you think is right, go for it.

Reactions: Nutuu

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
I had the same problem with my MinerWare map, I got 3 nos, but Nutuu was the only one to give feedback (thanks for that btw).

Yeah, lots of people are voting no, and not even giving a reason, reasons I got were it's lazy and stolen, even though this is not the first time something like this has been done, at least I tried to make an effort to make it unique and whatnot.

Fesa

Quality Assurance
Team CubeCraft
🧪 Quality Assurance
💌 Customer Support
Oct 17, 2016
Yoitsu
Pronouns
She/Her
I really like the looks of the map! And the ‘web’ ( I think) in the middle is something nice we don’t (yet) have in eggwars. I also like the more open island for more pvp ( yes punch bows will be a pain but just build a wall).

I also have tip for OBS, you can make a custom profile so that it will only record your Minecraft screen so that even if you have something else open, only the Minecraft screen will be recorded. This will also (maybe sadly) take the infinite OBS screens away ( which is a 0/0 situation for those interested in the maths). If you would like to make the profile but don’t know how. I can easily make a quick step by step plan!

~Fesa to the Doctor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

MrTommy wrote on Eli's profile.
So ypy finally admitting im good at something :D
Screenshot_20240425_224822_Samsung Internet.jpg
Reesle wrote on The NightGhost02's profile.
Happy Birthday!! 🥳
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy Birthday!:D
Thjis wrote on CubeCraft's profile.
Happy Bday Cube Bedrock!
ToonBer wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Gefeliciteerd eitje!
Top Bottom