Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

main suggestion: should overlapping be changed?

• keep overlapping, its a strategy for some people that actually works. (please, tell me how tho)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

InkAsriel

Sep 23, 2017
The Netherlands
as we all know, TD had a new update recently and ohgod its much better already! but first i want to discuss a small suggestion that might improve the game just a little.

in the first screenshot you see two mages next to each other, both being level 3. most TD players here will understand where im going with this.
for the people who dont understand, two mage towers next to each other is a huge waste of money as they overlap 99% of the same area. same goes for ice and poison towers (you can check the range now, turn it on in-game in the settings menu!!) the poison towers in screenshot 2 are 2 path 2 poisons and 1 path 1.
there already was a path 1 level 4 poison in the very beginning, making another one useless.
the two path 2 poisons are overlapping the same area, but the damage they deal wont double (as far as im aware of :P)

i think this shouldnt be a thing anymore as it simply kills my OCD doesnt help at all. its a small, but useful update :) same goes from placing across the road. overlapping a huge part of the other mage can even be a strategy to grief your own teammates!!!
suggestion.png

suggestion 2.png

now to give some feedback on the update.
+ i can tell skeletons have been nerfed, thanks for this :P
+ being able to see the tower range is actually useful for people who do pay attention to it.
+ auto correcting towers... my OCD can finally die in peace.
+ castle health as number makes, not just a bar.
+ the fact slimes wont split anymore will save a lot of potatoes (like mine) from being fried :) it created so much lagg

~ most mob balancing worked great, but i still feel like silverfish arent worth buying sadly :c guess you could say they're still... Bugging Me!
~ choosing a path when placing a tower is great! but once you accidently press E and leave the screen because of it, you might place the wrong tower path. yes, im clumsy enough to do this 7 times in a row.... dont judge me ;w;

- the new map is really awesome, but too easy to get a draw when double income :(
- i honestly still think double income should become less OP
- armageddon still feels like a joke sadly.

also feedback on the tutorial specifically:
+ its not too long.
+ the chat isnt messy at all, which makes reading it much better.
~ it explains the basics, but i think more help with the way towers and mobs work could help quite a bit. for example as mentioned in the screenshots, towers are able to overlap each other. or how spiders become invisible for most towers and how to beat them.
~ the tutorial is nice to have, but maybe make a link to a forum post with basic strategies! a lot of TD players already know the basic tactics like how to kill blazes fast, but new people dont, which makes winning impossible for them.
- i personally think the first tutorial should be a forced thing. a lot of people will skip right past it and still wonder why they dont understand the game.

long story short:
- great update, but needs small improvements.
- tower overlapping should no longer be a thing.
- its worth looking into the double income and armageddons.
- my sense of humor is still awful.

the poll will be just focussed on the overlapping, as this is the biggest problem right now in my opinion!

what do you guys think about what should or shouldn't be different? would love to hear more!
have a nice day everyone, and stay healthy! :heart:

CrystalDrop

Dedicated Member
Aug 9, 2017
USA
Heyo!

You might have heard this already, but I believe the mage stacking and stuff is a bug at the moment that is being fixed. <3

Reactions: Matriox

Shotgun

Jun 26, 2020
CubeCraft Universe
~ most mob balancing worked great, but i still feel like silverfish arent worth buying sadly :c guess you could say they're still... Bugging Me!
They are still working on balancing
~ choosing a path when placing a tower is great! but once you accidently press E and leave the screen because of it, you might place the wrong tower path. yes, im clumsy enough to do this 7 times in a row.... dont judge me ;w;
Forwarded this and hopefully they are looking into making the experience even better
- armageddon still feels like a joke sadly.
Horde will hopefully be automatically buffed when Giant is balanced as well
Wither gotta wait till next update unfortunately
~ the tutorial is nice to have, but maybe make a link to a forum post with basic strategies! a lot of TD players already know the basic tactics like how to kill blazes fast, but new people dont, which makes winning impossible for them.
Would https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/td-full-guide-how-to-play.271972 be enough or do you mean even a bit more strategic focused?
- i personally think the first tutorial should be a forced thing. a lot of people will skip right past it and still wonder why they dont understand the game.
Afaik it is.

Thanks for the feedback and have a nice day yourself too!

InkAsriel

Sep 23, 2017
The Netherlands
They are still working on balancing
im disapointed, you ignored the pun :c but good to know x3
Forwarded this and hopefully they are looking into making the experience even better
its not too much of a deal, some people are just dumb :P
Horde will hopefully be automatically buffed when Giant is balanced as well
Wither gotta wait till next update unfortunately
im pretty sure giants will make the difference for sure.
wither buffed would be great, especially in double income its just too easy to win.
lightning is still trash x3
Would https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/td-full-guide-how-to-play.271972 be enough or do you mean even a bit more strategic focused?
this post is good, but it might be worth checking for any wrong information after the new update. like mob stats in the full guide.
TD Full Guide - Strategy | CubeCraft Games this one could also be really useful for extra information :)

Reactions: Shotgun

Shotgun

Jun 26, 2020
CubeCraft Universe
im disapointed, you ignored the pun :c but good to know x3

its not too much of a deal, some people are just dumb :P

im pretty sure giants will make the difference for sure.
wither buffed would be great, especially in double income its just too easy to win.
lightning is still trash x3

this post is good, but it might be worth checking for any wrong information after the new update. like mob stats in the full guide.
TD Full Guide - Strategy | CubeCraft Games this one could also be really useful for extra information :)
Lightning should be reworked in the next update imo.

The guides can't be updated yet, there's still balance changes to come, strategy will develop over weeks so I can't really update yet.
You did lighten an idea in my head. What if I would make a Newbie strategy guide. A guide that doesn't focus on simple things as placing mage for spiders but also isn't that complex as my current strategy guide. Just a short guide to help smart people increase their skill in just a few days after reading under a 1000 words or so.

Reactions: InkAsriel

InkAsriel

Sep 23, 2017
The Netherlands
Lightning should be reworked in the next update imo.

The guides can't be updated yet, there's still balance changes to come, strategy will develop over weeks so I can't really update yet.
You did lighten an idea in my head. What if I would make a Newbie strategy guide. A guide that doesn't focus on simple things as placing mage for spiders but also isn't that complex as my current strategy guide. Just a short guide to help smart people increase their skill in just a few days after reading under a 1000 words or so.
ahhh okey, and sounds good :) who knows, i might learn something from it too without being too lazy to read everything xD

InkAsriel

Sep 23, 2017
The Netherlands
remember what i said about the lagg? take my words back :P
game with quite a huge giant/magma slime rush is killing everyone really bad. at least we've proved giants lvl5 rush is actually worth spending money on hahaha

i think the price might need a little change, this is what 4 players can do. not to talk about the other team who has 5 people in it, also spamming giants
giant problem.png

another edit damnit x3
after these people got kicked, the lagg was a lot less

Attachments

• rip.png
    rip.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 122
  • Sad
Members Online

Team online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Heya, after a good while years having not appreciated sleep a lot, have I learned things. I have most of the times seen it as a hindrance to things such as relations and projects. But after years I realised that you need to sleep to be well. Both physically and mentally. When I also realized that I could work better and more efficiently, did I try to get more sleep. That reminds me, I need to sleep now hah XD
Eli wrote on marshduck11's profile.
I like your profile picture
Mr Jii Gamer wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Thank you so mush for everything

I know i am late bc i didn't realize that you have left the team sadly we see the better one go ..
Will be announcing the giveaway winner within the next 2 hours or so.
Reesle wrote on Cloudiefly's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎂 ☁️
Top Bottom