Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

InsaneOrbitzz

Nov 18, 2019
So I made a thread like this back in June. Pretty much everyone just shut down the idea because it wasn't really a big deal.
I think at the time I had around 5k subs and I was basing this on being a leaderboard player.
So I mean fair enough makes sense that it got shut down.

Now I have just over 16k subs, and the Bedrock community has grown by a very large amount.
I have spoken to several leaderboard players who have said they have been targetted also. I guess it is a strat to target the best player but it is getting extreme now.

On the 5th of May 2020, I made a video stating leaderboard players should have /nick.
On the 13th of June 2020, I made a thread saying targeting should be banable.

It is now the 16th of January 2021, targetting isn't banable and /nick hasn't been implemented even for the creators. (Even though it is still promised when you apply on the site) (Like I said in a previous thread, that should be noted as Java specific so other creators arent sold false dreams like myself).

There are so many scenarios where myself or other leaderboard players, or even members of the staff team have said that they go into a game, they type in chat or someone does /who and bang, the fun of the game is over.

I had a 20 minute game the other day where someone cross mapped me and chased me the whole game. Yes you could probably say they were chasing you because you were running so this isn't targetting until you know that they made TWO videos on the matter, as well as when I baited them to another team, they ignored them.

I mean this will probably get shut down and forgotten about like the other thread, but if its affecting content creators, leaderboard players and the staff team surely this counts as satisfying the playerbase needs?

Also its banable on other servers so why not Cubecraft WHEN I HAVE CLEAR PROOF.

I think it should be a warning then a ban to be fair.

Alright yeah cheers debate below.

Mqxti

Novice Member
Oct 13, 2020
Jupiter 🌌
www.youtube.com
If they chase you and you’re indeed a lb player, just kill him
Yes I would have to agree with him, often times players will target the "best" players in the game first before they get gear which is a perfectly fine and legit strategy. Staff need /nick, but giving it to leaderboard players would be insanely chaotic and heavily abused. If you think about it, there are 8 main games? and many more featured games each containing a leaderboard of 200 people. So that's possibly 1600+ users with permissions to use /nick, ya that sounds chaotic. Overall I don't really see a need for this to be punishable, and most likely all evidence reported for 'targeting' would be very controversial.

- Please add a pole so that we can vote :p

MR IMO

Jan 14, 2021
Banning players wouldn’t be the right choice since u are an example for these people so if they see u in game they want to be part of the video if ur recording or they just want it as a memory, like I killed this YouTubed in skywars, but some would target u cuz ur a YouTuber so the best choice is a /nick (this is my point of view)

Conea64

Forum Expert
Jun 27, 2020
EUROPE
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
Not sure if you know this but I'll say it anyway:
/nick is against Microsofts privacy terms.
Can't really explain it but I have seen a few different staff members saying this. The website should be updated this.

InkAsriel

Sep 23, 2017
The Netherlands
i highly disagree with this. banning people for having a strategy is unfair and would ruin it for others.
when it comes to content creators, you know the risk of getting more attention on youtube, people will always try to get in your videos.
when it comes to LB players, you should easily be able to defeat most people who are trying to focus, so see it as a stats boost as most of them are even worse then i am, which is awful x3
when it comes to staff, its just the same as any other player. people try to be funny by focussing the "bigger people" as they see it as something to flex about for some weird reason.

targetting is something you'll see in every server there is no matter what rank you are, bigger people are just more likely, but normal people will get targeted too. best is to find a strategy to work around those people and defeat them, which is the point of pvp games, isnt it?

InsaneOrbitzz

Nov 18, 2019
If they chase you and you’re indeed a lb player, just kill him
Just a little hard when its the whole game and Cubecraft Bedrock pvp is broken.

Yes I would have to agree with him, often times players will target the "best" players in the game first before they get gear which is a perfectly fine and legit strategy. Staff need /nick, but giving it to leaderboard players would be insanely chaotic and heavily abused. If you think about it, there are 8 main games? and many more featured games each containing a leaderboard of 200 people. So that's possibly 1600+ users with permissions to use /nick, ya that sounds chaotic. Overall I don't really see a need for this to be punishable, and most likely all evidence reported for 'targeting' would be very controversial.

- Please add a pole so that we can vote :p
I'm a creator rank, so it makes it worse for me. Didn't mean every lb player should have /nick, just idk

Banning players wouldn’t be the right choice since u are an example for these people so if they see u in game they want to be part of the video if ur recording or they just want it as a memory, like I killed this YouTubed in skywars, but some would target u cuz ur a YouTuber so the best choice is a /nick (this is my point of view)
/nick doesn't exist on Bedrock and hasn't ever

Not sure if you know this but I'll say it anyway:
/nick is against Microsofts privacy terms.
Can't really explain it but I have seen a few different staff members saying this. The website should be updated this.
Probably yeah, but The Hive have access to /nick, as well as the likes of Hyperlands etc, and they all seem fine.

i highly disagree with this. banning people for having a strategy is unfair and would ruin it for others.
when it comes to content creators, you know the risk of getting more attention on youtube, people will always try to get in your videos.
when it comes to LB players, you should easily be able to defeat most people who are trying to focus, so see it as a stats boost as most of them are even worse then i am, which is awful x3
when it comes to staff, its just the same as any other player. people try to be funny by focussing the "bigger people" as they see it as something to flex about for some weird reason.

targetting is something you'll see in every server there is no matter what rank you are, bigger people are just more likely, but normal people will get targeted too. best is to find a strategy to work around those people and defeat them, which is the point of pvp games, isnt it?
In eggwars, its hard to counter targetting cause they get better stuff than you, then chase you the whole game so you dont have enough time to buy stuff from the shop.

Also every other server has access to /nick, and if they dont, it doesnt tell people that a YouTuber is in the game basically making them the main focus.

Its not about clout or going for the better player its about ruining others experiences.

Twistee

Novice Member
Jul 24, 2019
Skywars
dude i was playing teams of 4 with my friends and then someone suddenly said "go for jas, she's good" (jas is one of my friends) and bruh. that just ruined the entire game. there were 3 teams on us and we couldn't win.

InkAsriel

Sep 23, 2017
The Netherlands
In eggwars, its hard to counter targetting cause they get better stuff than you, then chase you the whole game so you dont have enough time to buy stuff from the shop.

Also every other server has access to /nick, and if they dont, it doesnt tell people that a YouTuber is in the game basically making them the main focus.

Its not about clout or going for the better player its about ruining others experiences.
isnt that the whole point of the game tho? of course they get better stuff and chase you after, thats literally the game.

its the risk of making content, /nick wouldnt make much of a difference for streamers for example.

same could be said about rushing people, some just want a calm casual game but get attacked in the first seconds. same with bowspam, camp, speed bridging..... its just subjective, you know?

Reactions: matcha

KitsuneToru

Jul 14, 2020
I definitely would like to see something like this, at least until cube implements something better like /nick.

You shouldn't have to sacrifice playing normal games and having fun like everyone else just because you make videos. Targetting not only makes the content made by the content creators inaccurate compared to what it's really like, but it also somewhat ruins the experience for them, which will push their opinions against playing on cubecraft and as a content creator, they have the voice to persuade people not to play on cube.

The arguement "just kill them" might work if it was only every now and then, but from what I've heard and seen it's reasonably often. The game isn't as fun if you have to start by killing 2-3 people rushing you every game at the beginning. Especially since all content creators might not be extraordinarily good at the game, it wouldn't surprise me if they were often unable to get off their island before being killed, since not being able to kill 1 rusher is different from multiple targetting.

The idea that "it's just a strategy" isn't particularly strong either. Most, if not all other strategies aren't specific towards one individual. Bowspamming, speed bridging, playing defensively are all tactics that can be used by anyone, against anyone. But a "strategy" that can only be used by some people against a small group who can't use it back isn't fair.

same could be said about rushing people, some just want a calm casual game but get attacked in the first seconds. same with bowspam, camp, speed bridging..... its just subjective, you know?
While bowspamming and speed bridging aren't, camping is a bannable offense. If you are caught camping you will be banned.

The one big difference from most rules that I would want to see is that I want this rule specifically for only content creators, staff members and potentially high up leaderboard players. There's a next to no chance that something like this will happen to most people, so a requirement like this will decrease the amount of fake or insufficient evidence given for this rule.

Void Krun

Novice Member
Jul 2, 2020
In the void
isnt that the whole point of the game tho? of course they get better stuff and chase you after, thats literally the game.

its the risk of making content, /nick wouldnt make much of a difference for streamers for example.

I dont think you understand what he means java player. You see here on bedrock the generally sweaty ppl have different strats then on java where you instantly have alot of iron, fight your first rush and get to mid instantly when you loose your egg. We actually kill all the teams before they get good loot. We dont drag out games.

For the streamer problem, we accept sniping when ppl stream. It’s just cross mapping that’s the problem.

Ok now this response paragraph is just plain out stupid. I generally dont get how you compare cloutchasing by cross mapping to legit strats. The funniest part is you put 2 annoying strats then “speed bridging”. How is that annoying thats just bridging faster.

InkAsriel

Sep 23, 2017
The Netherlands
I dont think you understand what he means java player. You see here on bedrock the generally sweaty ppl have different strats then on java where you instantly have alot of iron, fight your first rush and get to mid instantly when you loose your egg. We actually kill all the teams before they get good loot. We dont drag out games.

For the streamer problem, we accept sniping when ppl stream. It’s just cross mapping that’s the problem.

Ok now this response paragraph is just plain out stupid. I generally dont get how you compare cloutchasing by cross mapping to legit strats. The funniest part is you put 2 annoying strats then “speed bridging”. How is that annoying thats just bridging faster.
im not even going to start this discussion. you are always acting so childish towards java players and act like they're completely different. first learn how to have respect for others, then we will talk.
literally the first thing you say "...Java Player" is quite disrepsectul as you make it sound like you're discriminating someone because of what version they play

Reactions: Deann

Void Krun

Novice Member
Jul 2, 2020
In the void
im not even going to start this discussion. you are always acting so childish towards java players and act like they're completely different. first learn how to have respect for others, then we will talk.
literally the first thing you say "...Java Player" is quite disrepsectul as you make it sound like you're discriminating someone because of what version they play
I never meant for java player to be discriminating theres just no other way to put it. And please dont call me childish when all the java players who often reply cant read a tag.

matcha

Forum Veteran
Nov 15, 2016
Droptown
Can we also not make this a rule please. Even if it's only for a select group of players.

Being a content creator on the server, especially one with a fancy rank, definitely puts you under the spotlight in practically any lobby you join. It kind of comes with the job. Even more so if you like to keep on the features that announce every time you join a lobby. It's not fun for anyone to be targeted. Without going into the specifics of what constitutes as enough for a punishment, such as whether one game of someone immediately coming to your island because they know you're a creator, banning players or punishing them in any way because they want to chase after clout by killing you or simply ridding someone they think is a threat to their winning of the game seems absurdly unreasonable to me.

I'm gonna be frank here. There are so many things that can make your game experience not so fun; a party of players joining your game in a solo gamemode, a full team of sweats in a lobby, someone cleaning you, etc. You can always use the /leave option if you know your experience will be ruined when you encounter these people. This goes for anyone, not just for creators or staff members. Is it fair for you to have to resort to such measures? Maybe not? But it's the online world, there are things you can do yourself or other options you can wait for from the server to make your gameplay a little bit more enjoyable. Banning players for something like this doesn't sit well with me.

InsaneOrbitzz

Nov 18, 2019
Can we also not make this a rule please. Even if it's only for a select group of players.

Being a content creator on the server, especially one with a fancy rank, definitely puts you under the spotlight in practically any lobby you join. It kind of comes with the job. Even more so if you like to keep on the features that announce every time you join a lobby. It's not fun for anyone to be targeted. Without going into the specifics of what constitutes as enough for a punishment, such as whether one game of someone immediately coming to your island because they know you're a creator, banning players or punishing them in any way because they want to chase after clout by killing you or simply ridding someone they think is a threat to their winning of the game seems absurdly unreasonable to me.

I'm gonna be frank here. There are so many things that can make your game experience not so fun; a party of players joining your game in a solo gamemode, a full team of sweats in a lobby, someone cleaning you, etc. You can always use the /leave option if you know your experience will be ruined when you encounter these people. This goes for anyone, not just for creators or staff members. Is it fair for you to have to resort to such measures? Maybe not? But it's the online world, there are things you can do yourself or other options you can wait for from the server to make your gameplay a little bit more enjoyable. Banning players for something like this doesn't sit well with me.
Do you play Bedrock or Java?

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Reesle wrote on SanderVDB29's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🥳
Reesle wrote on Mivke's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎂
Thank you to everyone who ever reacted to my posts & messages! 🎉
IMG_5336.jpeg
Mr Jii Gamer wrote on Mivke's profile.
Happy birthday
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Mivke's profile.
Happy Birthday! ^-^
Top Bottom