Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

SrKlompenstein

Forum Expert
Oct 21, 2015
Veluwe
English, Dutch and Spanish are the most spoken languages on CubeCraft. Furthermore, the Discord server of CubeCraft does have an #international chat (screenshot below) dedicated to players of all languages. It would be difficult to add a Swedish channel as we also have to add a Russian, Italian and Portuguese channel, and so on. Also, having a Swedish channel means we will need more Swedish staff for moderation.

puqwFG9.png

L

Lightning McQueen

English, Dutch and Spanish are the most spoken languages on CubeCraft. Furthermore, the Discord server of CubeCraft does have an #international chat (screenshot below) dedicated to players of all languages. It would be difficult to add a Swedish channel as we also have to add a Russian, Italian and Portuguese channel, and so on. Also, having a Swedish channel means we will need more Swedish staff for moderation.

puqwFG9.png
Lol nonsense you’ll need swedish staff anyway and its not that hard to add one channel -1 to your comment poor sir, I’m very dissappointed in you.

Kloska

Duckerator
Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
Jul 3, 2016
Sweden
The swedish player base is the 4th (or third ?) biggest one on CubeCraft.
Sadly, most of the players are 8-11 years and does not use discord. I don't think it's needed tbh.

D

Deleted member 59979

I dont really think its necessary as there arent enough active Swedish speakers. There is also only one Swedish mod to moderate the chat.

Livvv

Pineapplerator - Daily Quotes
Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
Mar 27, 2017
Swedish noodles
After I translated the rules to Swedish, I actually asked if it would be possible to get at least a Swedish text-channel and Tacos said if the playerbase is big enough, they would add it.

After being on Cubecraft for over a year now, I would say that the playerbase is big enough but as Kloska said, most people are very young and even if they use discord, they never type in Cubecraft's discord because 1. They can't speak English and don't understand what other people say either so would be hard for them to talk in both text and voice-channels. 2. If they now would like to talk, they don't know where they are allowed to talk. International is a channel for everyone but if you don't speak English and it's your first time in Cubecraft's discord, it's hard to know where you can talk when you don't see the name of your language.

Swedish people are just not active on the forums because of their bad English but I know a lot of Swedish people on the server and on discord. (340 Swedish reports and that's not even close to how many Swedish people there are on the server.)

I dont really think its necessary as there arent enough active Swedish speakers. There is also only one Swedish mod to moderate the chat.
There is NO Swedish staff at all.

Last edited:

Livvv

Pineapplerator - Daily Quotes
Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
Mar 27, 2017
Swedish noodles
Sorry to say, but there is
I can understand you think you'd be a better Swedish staff member, but facts are facts; Power_ranger is able to speak Swedish (though he is from Ireland)

^
I never said that I would be better, I just said that there is no Swedish staff, Power is not fluent in Swedish and not really able to speak it. Also, he's NOT from Ireland.

Also, if they now have "Swedish" staff , why did they then let me translate the rules instead of staff?

Story

Forum Professional
Jan 30, 2014
Glasgow
letterboxd.com
I'm highly for new channels for specific languages, implementing International just to subside all possibilities only really works for rarer languages on our server- like French or Russian, there are very few of these speakers on our Discord so when they do show up they can have International. Arabic & Swedish are far more common than that and regularly have speakers on the Discord and therefore should have their own channel, it's nice to see smaller communities getting involved with the Discord whereas they normally would not because they don't have a designated channel and/or cannot speak English.

~ Escalated.

Story

Forum Professional
Jan 30, 2014
Glasgow
letterboxd.com
After some discussion we reached the conclusion that the Swedish community on Discord is simply not prevalent enough to rent having it's own text and voice channel. Whilst it's obvious that a Swedish community exists on the server in the form of Lucky Islands- this doesn't transfer over to our Discord server mostly due to it being kids perhaps. Due to this reason we've decided not implement a Swedish voice or text channel.

It's not all doom & gloom though as we decided to implement the Arabic channels, thanks for your wonderful suggestion. Feel free to make another at some point in the future if you feel something has changed. We'd be happy to reconsider.

~ locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Members online

Latest profile posts

JokeKaedee wrote on tanjaroea677's profile.
Happy birthday <3
With the Java map rotations happening soon, there is a possibility of new maps coming to Bedrock shortly after!
2v2 bedwars sucked so bad it made me a skywars main again
Reesle wrote on tanjaroea677's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎈
Top Bottom