Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Goefy

Forum Expert
Dec 10, 2019
Å
Hello, this is a suggestion about the swearing rule while I think a few things should be changed. I have tried to make the thread as organized as possible.

The swearing rule
First of all, a brief explanation of the rule. Swearing is basically the use of offensive or inappropriate language that may upset other users. The punishment track is Warning > 1 day mute > 7 day mute > 30 day mute > perm mute. The punishment track is the thing I'd like to discuss here.

Difference in swearing
There is quite a difference between swearwords. There are swearwords that nobody really cares about it being used (light swearing) but there are words that can seriously hurt people like diseases, targeted swearing, or bullying. While I don't agree that light swearing should be allowed, I think the punishment track for light swearing should be less strict and the punishment track for excessive swearing should be more strict.

Examples
Under the spoilers I have examples of the differences between light swearing and excessive/targeted swearing/bullying.

Disclaimer: All the words under the spoiler are inappropriate. I got permission from the staff to use the words.
Shit, fuck, dick, kut etc.
You are shit. Fuck you. This game is aids. You are so fucking terrible at this game. etc.

Suggestion
As you've seen in the examples there is a big difference between the words. My suggestion, for now, is that the warning for excessive swearing/targeted swearing/bullying will be skipped. This means users get a straight 3 day mute for this kind of behavior, the warning stays only for light swearing.

Why is this useful?
As I've said at the beginning of the thread, excessive swearing/targeted swearing/bullying can seriously harm or hurt people. Bullying is something that happens more often than you think, especially online and the fact that people get a warning first for behavior like this is in my opinion a bit weird.

So that's it, I hope I have made it clear for you. If you have any questions or feedback just leave it below. Have a good day!

Dutchyyy

Forum Expert
Feb 11, 2016
The Netherlands
Pronouns
He/Him
I partially agree with your suggestion. I think that the current punishment track is fine, though I think that we should skip the warning if someone's message contains an illness.

Matriox

Forum Expert
Jun 15, 2020
Ireland
discord.gg
Pronouns
He/Him
I would rather make light swearing a lessened punishment track and keep heavy swearing as it is rather than making it worst, i disagree with the instant mute

Am4er

Dedicated Member
Dec 6, 2018
VA, USA
Pronouns
He/Him
In my opinion, the system is excellent as it is at the moment. I wouldn't love to see any future change because it will probably make it harder to make the right decisions for old punishments. Also, It would make unfair punishment for the players who got muted for higher than seven+ days.

• Agree
Reactions: Matriox and ItzBqs

Stijnnn_

Jan 4, 2021
Bamboo forest
Hello, this is a suggestion about the swearing rule while I think a few things should be changed. I have tried to make the thread as organized as possible.

The swearing rule
First of all, a brief explanation of the rule. Swearing is basically the use of offensive or inappropriate language that may upset other users. The punishment track is Warning > 1 day mute > 7 day mute > 30 day mute > perm mute. The punishment track is the thing I'd like to discuss here.

Difference in swearing
There is quite a difference between swearwords. There are swearwords that nobody really cares about it being used (light swearing) but there are words that can seriously hurt people like diseases, targeted swearing, or bullying. While I don't agree that light swearing should be allowed, I think the punishment track for light swearing should be less strict and the punishment track for excessive swearing should be more strict.

Examples
Under the spoilers I have examples of the differences between light swearing and excessive/targeted swearing/bullying.

Disclaimer: All the words under the spoiler are inappropriate. I got permission from the staff to use the words.
Shit, fuck, dick, kut etc.
You are shit. Fuck you. This game is aids. You are so fucking terrible at this game. etc.

Suggestion
As you've seen in the examples there is a big difference between the words. My suggestion, for now, is that the warning for excessive swearing/targeted swearing/bullying will be skipped. This means users get a straight 3 day mute for this kind of behavior, the warning stays only for light swearing.

Why is this useful?
As I've said at the beginning of the thread, excessive swearing/targeted swearing/bullying can seriously harm or hurt people. Bullying is something that happens more often than you think, especially online and the fact that people get a warning first for behavior like this is in my opinion a bit weird.

So that's it, I hope I have made it clear for you. If you have any questions or feedback just leave it below. Have a good day!
i partly agree, and if it was my choice i'd add a second punishment track for lighter swearing

• Agree
Reactions: Matriox
Members Online

Team online

Members online

Latest profile posts

Kazwa wrote on Frontlane's profile.
1713570291417.png

I know right
JokeKaedee wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Congratulations!! 🎊
JokeKaedee wrote on Frontlane's profile.
Gefeliciteerd mopje 🥰💕
JokeKaedee wrote on xSchulzis's profile.
Congrats 🎊💗
Tommy Boi wrote on xSchulzis's profile.
good job, good luck
Top Bottom