Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

john

Nov 24, 2013
Hello fellow players,

Throughout the advancements of the game survival games/hunger games, changes have brought new features to the game. One of the most exciting and most successful changes was performed by skydoesminecraft. If you never played his version of the game then you may as well go and play it because it brings so much pleasure to play.

Our server, cubecraftgames.net posses a survival games server although, it is outmoded and the quality of the lobbies is not up to bar with the amount of people that visit our server. I suggest we use the same maps and use similar features that Sky uses. Like, the enchanted gear, food that comes from breaking grass, and when you die your killer can get your stuff in a chest so it is not everywhere. I understand the owners of the server do not want to appear as "copycats" although, Sky cannot assume full rights to a version of a game that clearly states in it's legal disclaimer. "All rights reserved to Mojang"

My suggestion is for the owners of the owners of the server. I believe they should replicate sky's pvp server to a degree, and instead create unique usses of items and follow similar techniques used to give players food. This idea does bring more work for you mods, admins, and owners. Although, this idea could really draw more players to our server, because sky's is overflowing with people waiting to click on a "join game" button. You should use Sky's lack of survival game servers to draw people on to our version which is similar yet cubecraft's version.

Thanks for reading!!

ModernRevolution

Dedicated Member
Oct 23, 2013
ςяαzу ℓαи∂
I love how whenever you write, it's all nice and with proper grammar and everything, not just, 'ey, when ppl die put their stuff in a chest' All polite and proper, but I must ask, what's wrong with killing someone and having their stuff go everywhere?

john

Nov 24, 2013
Well, I recommend trying Sky's survival games server so you can see for yourself. It brings organization to your battles. When you kill someone with a coveted piece or armor, or whatever it helps to choose what you want from his or her gear instead of ending up with all of the un-wanted gear that ends up taking space in your inventory.

"Not to advertise, I do not care for Sky."

Thanks for your optimistic comment about my writing. It does become tiresome writing all of my posts on an i phone. I generally write while I am in bed or sometimes in the car.

WolfWhispers

Forum Expert
Nov 19, 2013
Well, I recommend trying Sky's survival games server so you can see for yourself. It brings organization to your battles. When you kill someone with a coveted piece or armor, or whatever it helps to choose what you want from his or her gear instead of ending up with all of the un-wanted gear that ends up taking space in your inventory.

Thanks for your optimistic comment about my writing. It does become tiresome writing all of my posts on an i phone. I generally write while I am in bed or sometimes in the car.
Maybe become a writer? XD haha

john

Nov 24, 2013
Lol, I appreciate your advice. Although, I have just as high grades in math and science as I do English. I will proboally study something like bio-chemistry or petroleum engineering because then I could actually afford an Audi s4.
" dream car"
XD

WolfWhispers

Forum Expert
Nov 19, 2013
Lol, I appreciate your advice. Although, I have just as high grades in math and science as I do English. I will proboally study something like bio-chemistry or petroleum engineering because then I could actually afford an Audi s4.
" dream car"
XD
Just wondering, how old are you? I'm just wondering because of the vocabulary and neatness :P.

lemons12345677

Dec 27, 2013

I have to agree with that. I have been in countless numbers of Survival Games where I just got an amazing kill that I never thought I would get. I go organizing through all their loot, and then BAM! Someone comes from behind and either kills me, or I have to run and leave behind some of that person's loots. If we can make these changes to the game, I don't only think more people would come to this server to play the Survival Games, but it would be a better experience and the might come back and play again. @rubik_cube_man This would probably meet your next goal of how ever many players you want on the server at once.

Oceanical

Forum Expert
Feb 24, 2014
on an adventure
I know this is an old thread but I was looking through old threads and this ones not exactly dead. I like the idea, and having played Sky's interpretation of Survival Games on his server I do agree John it's very enjoyable to play. Especially the food factor and the chests. @Claudia there isn't exactly a problem with items going everywhere after someone dies in the game, it's just a chest is so much more logical and more neat I guess. Items also won't disappear after a certain amount of time. It'll just be like treasure. Also, the food factor gives a chance to people that didn't manage to grab any loot at spawn, or can't afford to buy a kit with their points. It's accessible to anyone near forest or grass and very useful in the game, especially when you're dying of hunger.

In my opinion, the Survival Games is pretty weak on this server, with no deathmatch, unfair chests. But it could be spiced up and I think would be way more enjoyable for people. Skywars is the game that is the most popular on this server and draws people to this server right? Think about the factors that make Skywars so popular. It's not so much the fun of the game that makes it so popular, it's the way it's put together. Fair chests with a balanced number of items, everyone mostly gets OP items [unlike Survival with the chests], games aren't too long [Could be fixed on Survival with a deathmatch], etc.

I think if we add some of those factors from Skywars to Survival the game would be much more likable and enjoyable. So instead of Skywars drawing people to our server, it would be SkyWars & Survival.

@halothe23 @rubik_cube_man

Reactions: john

WolfWhispers

Forum Expert
Nov 19, 2013
I do agree that their should be a death match. To me, the chest are fair and that's not a problem. But, maybe adding a few things such as @caliocean suggested, we will have more players enjoying the hunger games.

Marta

🦊 🐾 🏳️‍🌈
Team CubeCraft
💙 Admin Team
Oct 19, 2013
Manchester, UK.
marcoslater.com
At the moment we are focusing all our time on skywars, as its the game thats basically running our entire network. But we have plans and are working on an improved lobby system, and improvements across all the games, however it takes time and is not easy.

Marta

🦊 🐾 🏳️‍🌈
Team CubeCraft
💙 Admin Team
Oct 19, 2013
Manchester, UK.
marcoslater.com
" dream car"
XD

Mhm, car choice is not bad.

However I would like to afford this..
2011-Bugatti-Veyron-Super-Sport-Test-Drive.jpg

Hehe.

john

Nov 24, 2013
Mhm, car choice is not bad.

However I would like to afford this..
2011-Bugatti-Veyron-Super-Sport-Test-Drive.jpg

Hehe.

You like cars, I visited Italy and saw the Bugatti factory and Ferrari factory. I decided that if I ever make enough to buy a ferrari I will never buy a ferrari.

The ferrari people are rude and dehumanize to oneself. :(

# completely disappointed me.

john

Nov 24, 2013
At the moment we are focusing all our time on skywars, as its the game thats basically running our entire network. But we have plans and are working on an improved lobby system, and improvements across all the games, however it takes time and is not easy.

Yeah, put your time and energy in what makes the folks come. The Arab motto is "build it and they will come" you know they will come so do it. :)

Do not be like The guys in Shanghai who say "build it and maybe they will come" you already are past that so you can relax and not stress in the day. XDXD

Oceanical

Forum Expert
Feb 24, 2014
on an adventure
Yeah, put your time and energy in what makes the folks come. The Arab motto is "build it and they will come" you know they will come so do it. :)

Do not be like The guys in Shanghai who say "build it and maybe they will come" you already are past that so you can relax and not stress in the day. XDXD
l o l this isn't even on topic anymore. Personally, I would love a big shiny Jeep :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom