Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Do You find current Summoner's mobs to be good at their job, or they DO need an improvement?

• Total voters

Dorek1998

Novice Member
Dec 17, 2017
Sup.
Just a little (well, a "Little"...) talk about the mobs Summoner spawns. All of them. I know a few months ago they got an overhaul which made them follow the player quicker with teleporting, which is a real nice addition, I admit. Also skeletons got their bows and are really doing a great job shooting down Summoner's enemies. But... They still are often acting somewhat disappointing.

So there are a few AI mistakes these mobs do. They follow a speciffing player from any distance once they "see" him. And that means two things:
#1 Player can NOT get out of mob's reach, and THAT means the mobs will follow him anywhere, even if that means suiciding while going towards the enemy base instead of sticking to their summoner;
#2 Mobs' "vision" depends mostly on the range they are from a player (10 blocks I believe), which means they ignore bigger walls, flanks and most of other obstacles. That means, they try to attack a player who is hiding behind a wall even if that means them hugging that wall for good and ignoring other players attacking them. Not only that, but they also follow players who fell into the void or from a deadly distance, which means unnceseccary damage/death of these mobs, and THAT means additional god damn 45 seconds of waiting for another troop. Zombies and Skeletons struggle with that issue the most, but Creepers and Wolves most likely have it as well.

My suggestion of fixing these is to let these mobs see an actual walls and if they encounter a player through a wall, they should ignore it. In addition, they should ignore players once these fall 5 blocks down or more, so they won't fall into the void/suicide/take too much damage by following them. Also when a speciffic enemy player gets 10+ blocks away from a mob, or mob's summoner gets away 10+ blocks from the mob, it should start making his way back to the player. Summoner's mobs in my opinion are supposed to be his companions rather than independent entities. Because they don't know what to do themselves. Summoner should be able to control their mobs' actions by leading them out of the trouble, as it was available before the Summoner's mobs' overhaul. Now it isn't the case anymore.

I would like to beg you in this thread to fix the mistakes these mobs do (if that's possible of course, but Vanilla mobs somehow don't have these issues so I suppose it is). This makes Summoner's potential way lower than it could be. Also it kind of disallows mobs to show their real power which they have in Survival, Bingo and other games people fight them at.

Members Online

Team online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on mysticil's profile.
Welcome to the forums I hope you will enjoy your stay here!:D
Cool reaction score:
IMG_5407.jpeg

Thanks @TheOrderOfSapphire for being my 3333rd lol
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on matmat's profile.
Welcome to the forums!:D If you need help just dm me or other staff and we will be happy to help you. ^-^
Reesle wrote on matmat's profile.
Welcome to the Official Cubecraft Forums! :)
You’re cool for joining 😎
UncleSpect wrote on Desiderata's profile.
henlo haha
Top Bottom