Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

how many times do you see these kinds of camping occur?

• Total voters

TheSweetSuitMan

May 31, 2017
Roosendaal, Noord-Brabant, Netherlands
Hello all! TheSweetSuitMan here!
I have seen many of you complaining about the ''strategy'' camping. I will explain to all of you how to deal with campers, how to prevent it and I have some suggestions for developers to consider. Let's get started!

Types of camping
As far as I have seen the past few threats, there're 2 main types of camping annoying many of you. To inform you on both of them, I will explain them now:

Midcamping
Midcamping is when a player rushes to the middle, getting 12 or 15 diamonds (depends on normal/OP mode) and gets back to the middle with a bow and some arrows to shoot anyone of, who tries to go to the middle, cutting players of from diamond generators, while getting stacked themselves. These guys are good at PvP and tend to play with a well organised team, making them a though opponent.

Base camping
Base camping is when a team gets 5 diamonds, destroy their bridge and activate the diamond generator. In most situations they stay there for the rest of the game, occasionally going to the last team standing in an attempt to destroy their egg. They shoot at anyone trying to get near them, making them very annoying to deal with. These players are most of the time not great at PvP and reasonably inexperienced in Eggwars.

Dealing with campers
Dealing with them can be a difficult and boring process, making it a game breaker for a lot of players. There're a few things you do about them, which I will explain to you.

Midcamping
First of all you need to have a good team. You might argue that you play solo a thus are matched with random players, but to be honest, even if the other team wasn't mid camping, with a trash team, you are not getting anywhere. If you have a bad team you are already doomed to lose, so just make sure you play with friends, who know their stuff or explain the situation to the random players.
The first thing you need to do, is detect midcampers. Sometimes midcampers have similar names, or have PvP in their name (this can be misleading, because I have seen more than enough spamclicking 'KingPvP' kinds of players). The will go to the middle quickly so keep your eyes open for that. If you have detected a team that is going to rush, you have to ways of preventing that from happening.
  1. Go to their island as quickly as possible. Let the one that is worst as PvP build and in the time he is building prepare to fight (don't forget a pickaxe to break blocks in front of the egg). If you are fast enough you can conquer their island and they will have no place to go except the middle (don't let them go to your island). They will have close to nothing, making them very easy to kill.
  2. Go to the middle as quickly as possible, using the same strategy as shown above. If you are fast enough they are still in the middle, or buying a bow at their base. In the case of them being in the middle, kill them and don't let them come to the middle. If they already have a bow but aren't in the middle yet, don't let them come as well. You will be a midcamper yourself, but make sure to keep it fun for the other teams and not do the same thing as the other team, by just buying a bow and camp mind yourself.
Sometimes these players are too strong for you to beat. It might be a good idea to get 5 diamonds from the generator while someone else is distracting them, so you can always get your diamond gen going in case things go South.

Base campers
Base campers are a little bit easier to take care of, as they are not the greatest players (in general). Defeating them can be done in several ways, but I think these 3 work the best:
  1. Slowly build to them with a safe bridge. They will shoot, making it quite a long process, but with some patients it can be done
  2. Same as the first one, only you build to bridges. One of them might get spotted a bit later, making it faster overall. It also divides the attention, making it harder for them to keep shooting.
  3. Wait. This might seem boring, but just grab a good book or a lovely movie and wait until they make a safe bridge to you. When they finished it, you can kill them and use the bridge to get to their egg.

Suggestions to prevent camping from happening
  • Enderpearls in all modes (normal, hardcore and overpowered)
  • extra diamond gens in sub middles, just like on the map ''mushrooms''
  • Elytra wings
  • expensive bows
  • Portals that can be activated to TP to the middle, instead of building
I'm not that creative, so let any other suggestion behind in the comments!

CommunistCactus

Forum Professional
Mar 13, 2015
Beyond time and space
Alright let's see.

• Go to their island as quickly as possible. Let the one that is worst as PvP build and in the time he is building prepare to fight (don't forget a pickaxe to break blocks in front of the egg). If you are fast enough you can conquer their island and they will have no place to go except the middle (don't let them go to your island). They will have close to nothing, making them very easy to kill.
  • Go to the middle as quickly as possible, using the same strategy as shown above. If you are fast enough they are still in the middle, or buying a bow at their base. In the case of them being in the middle, kill them and don't let them come to the middle. If they already have a bow but aren't in the middle yet, don't let them come as well. You will be a midcamper yourself, but make sure to keep it fun for the other teams and not do the same thing as the other team, by just buying a bow and camp mind yourself.
You explained it pretty well, the only way to beat a mid camper is by mid camping yourself, which is why it's a problem.
  • Slowly build to them with a safe bridge. They will shoot, making it quite a long process, but with some patients it can be done
  • Same as the first one, only you build to bridges. One of them might get spotted a bit later, making it faster overall. It also divides the attention, making it harder for them to keep shooting.
  • Wait. This might seem boring, but just grab a good book or a lovely movie and wait until they make a safe bridge to you. When they finished it, you can kill them and use the bridge to get to their egg.
You explained this pretty well as well.
It's possible, but it isn't fun. They're deliberately prolonging the game although they've already lost which is why it's a problem.
Now let's see the solutions:
Enderpearls in all modes (normal, hardcore and overpowered)
Hardcore not necessary, the bows there are too weak.
Other than that: Yes. If you want to see my reasoning just click this.
extra diamond gens in sub middles, just like on the map ''mushrooms''
Looks reasonable as well, but a lot of work.
Elytra wings
Could also work, but I prefer other things.
  • expensive bows
Definitely. They're way too overpowered, especially considering you need 30 diamonds (shield) to finally counter it (by a bit)
Portals that can be activated to TP to the middle, instead of building
Isn't this exactly what enderpearls are supposed to do?

In conclusion: You explained it pretty well, and your solutions are reasonable, +1

All we need now is a staff member actually looking at all of our threads.

TheSweetSuitMan

May 31, 2017
Alright let's see.

You explained it pretty well, the only way to beat a mid camper is by mid camping yourself, which is why it's a problem.

You explained this pretty well as well.
It's possible, but it isn't fun. They're deliberately prolonging the game although they've already lost which is why it's a problem.
Now let's see the solutions:

Hardcore not necessary, the bows there are too weak.
Other than that: Yes. If you want to see my reasoning just click this.

Looks reasonable as well, but a lot of work.

Could also work, but I prefer other things.

Definitely. They're way too overpowered, especially considering you need 30 diamonds (shield) to finally counter it (by a bit)

Isn't this exactly what enderpearls are supposed to do?

In conclusion: You explained it pretty well, and your solutions are reasonable, +1

All we need now is a staff member actually looking at all of our threads.
Most of the suggestions were not really thought trough, I just tried to think of a few solutions to get some creative people's mind starting.

GeldHaftige

Dedicated Member
May 4, 2017
Belgium
There Will come enderpearls in normal, you want it all game modes? It cost 64 diamonts in normal, how much than in hardcore? That Will be the expensive.

More diamont generators isn't a better option... I think that the diamont generators of lvl2/ lvl3 must be removed, because you can get too easy 5 diamont And than base camping. More diamonts generators Will also mean more mid campers.
Solution: more diamont generators of lvl1 scattered over whole the middle.

I like elytras and we Will get less campers, But it would be al OP item. I dont think that cubecraf Will add this. Maybe an elytrawars??

The punch bow is already increase. You can buy a shield for withholding the arrows. I dont agree.

Portals in Eggwars Will screw up the game. That isnt the style of cubecraft.

With the most of your little suggestion don't agree, But I appreciate it that you have done a lot of work!

Reactions: Hypixel Network

TheSweetSuitMan

May 31, 2017
There Will come enderpearls in normal, you want it all game modes? It cost 64 diamonts in normal, how much than in hardcore? That Will be the expensive.

More diamont generators isn't a better option... I think that the diamont generators of lvl2/ lvl3 must be removed, because you can get too easy 5 diamont And than base camping. More diamonts generators Will also mean more mid campers.
Solution: more diamont generators of lvl1 scattered over whole the middle.

I like elytras and we Will get less campers, But it would be al OP item. I dont think that cubecraf Will add this. Maybe an elytrawars??

The punch bow is already increase. You can buy a shield for withholding the arrows. I dont agree.

Portals in Eggwars Will screw up the game. That isnt the style of cubecraft.

With the most of your little suggestion don't agree, But I appreciate it that you have done a lot of work!
The increase of the costs of a bow is to prevent midcamping. If you can't go to the middle, you can't buy a shield can you?
Diamond gens of level one in the middle won't do anything, as mid campers can stay there for hours, making any amount of gens (even 1 level 1) sufficient.
As I said both portals and elytras seem like a bad idea to me too. I was just making some lose suggestions.

CommunistCactus

Forum Professional
Mar 13, 2015
Beyond time and space
The increase of the costs of a bow is to prevent midcamping. If you can't go to the middle, you can't buy a shield can you?
Diamond gens of level one in the middle won't do anything, as mid campers can stay there for hours, making any amount of gens (even 1 level 1) sufficient.
As I said both portals and elytras seem like a bad idea to me too. I was just making some lose suggestions.
https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/mid-camping-bows-potions-and-more.191068/
There you go. My suggestion.

Hypixel Network

Novice Member
Jan 28, 2017
It was the hackers . Mitch got his own money wars server , and preston left because he didnt like the pvp . They campers may have played tiny role in it . But there are other reasons that far outweigh it. The bedwars shop was also more attractive .

CommunistCactus

Forum Professional
Mar 13, 2015
Beyond time and space
It was the hackers .
We have an anticheat now and the number has drastically decreased. Hackers are no longer a problem.
preston left because he didnt like the pvp .
Why do you think he didn't?

Anyway, we need to adapt eggwars if we want it to not die out, luckily it's already starting. After 2 years of suggesting enderpearls they are now finally being added as rubik realized campers are actually a problem.

Reactions: Qin Shihuangdi

CommandantSlime

Novice Member
Jan 16, 2017
I like your ideas and suggestions to deal with campers. I just don't like the ideas of changing items to deal with them.

I'm very annoyed that they're implementing e-pearls into normal. I think they should stay on OP.

More diamond generators aren't needed. It would just speed up how fast people can get things like bows and stuff to camp with. I say just leave them as they are.

Elytra are WAY too OP for eggwars. I'd rather have e-pearls in normal rather than elytra in any mode.

Bows are part of the game. If they made them more expensive, that would remove a lot of the fun of the game. You need to be careful when building a bridge or attacking. Bows being so easily available means games won't be too quick. It means players have more of a chance to defend their islands. My idea of a good game length is half an hour at least. Making bows more expensive would probably make games a lot shorter, which is not what I want. I say just build a protected bridge like you suggested; bows are just something you need to deal with.

Portals are WAY to overpowered and would remove most of the game's point. If they add anything remotely like this I'm never playing eggwars again. I love the game, but they're making the game too easy, too short, and just not fun. Adding e-pearls to normal makes me not want to play, and I assume that their only going to add more things to "stop camping". My problem with that is these items also make the game worse for people who don't have a problem with campers. Honestly, if the game gets too easy for people with no strategy and skill I'm going to quit Cubecraft altogether. It's ideas of adding things like this that make me realize how many people can't accept a loss, much less to cheap strategies. We just have to deal with them sometimes. If I could change one thing about eggwars, I wouldn't. I'd leave it exactly how it is as of the time I'm typing this, and I'd never change it again. Unless there was some big update to Minecraft that could be used to make the game more fun.

CommandantSlime

Novice Member
Jan 16, 2017
We have an anticheat now and the number has drastically decreased. Hackers are no longer a problem.

Why do you think he didn't?

Anyway, we need to adapt eggwars if we want it to not die out, luckily it's already starting. After 2 years of suggesting enderpearls they are now finally being added as rubik realized campers are actually a problem.

I still have problems with hackers.

I don't watch any of those Youtubers, but I assume the reason he didn't like the PvP is that it's 1.9. I love 1.9 PvP and don't understand why people hate it so much.

I've never had too much of a problem with campers. Ever. I've lost one or two games because of extreme camping, but I usually beat the campers.

And may I mention that I hate bedwars.

Reactions: OnePointEight.exe

TheSweetSuitMan

May 31, 2017
I still have problems with hackers.

I don't watch any of those Youtubers, but I assume the reason he didn't like the PvP is that it's 1.9. I love 1.9 PvP and don't understand why people hate it so much.

I've never had too much of a problem with campers. Ever. I've lost one or two games because of extreme camping, but I usually beat the campers.

And may I mention that I hate bedwars.
I don't have much trouble with killing camper eighter, but I just want to play eggwars, not some sort of place block, get shot, walk back, repeat game. Campers make games last too long, making them quite boring.
Everyone has problems with hackers, but with the anti-cheat they just are less of a problem.

Members Online

Members online

Latest profile posts

apparently the free 500 minecoins isnt actually "free", you have to buy something first

LAME!
UncleSpect wrote on Thjis's profile.
congratss thisj o/
Kazwa wrote on Gemmmmie's profile.
lyyy x
Just got off work and have to wake up in 5,5 hours for school tomorrow… :sadnoot:
Sleep well cuties ❤️
Top Bottom