Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

MagnificentSpam

Forum Expert
Mar 16, 2016
I have seen many very good suggestions that received a lot of positive responses from members for a few days. Then after a while the thread dies and we have no idea if a responsible staff member saw it and if it has a chance to get implemented. If we want to draw attention to it again, we aren't allowed to post in the same thread so we have to make the whole suggestion again.

I think it would be nice to know which suggestions you actually consider implementing.

Either:
  1. Maintain a list of suggestion threads that you consider implementing in the future.
  2. Respond to suggestions with an official post.
  3. Tag suggestion threads as "likely", "possible", "unlikely", "impossible".
You wouldn't even have to give any definitive answer, only stating that you have acknowledged the suggestion would be nice. You definitely would not have to give any kind of time estimation or deadline.

Also for suggestions that are infeasible it would be interesting to know so we don't bother suggesting them again.

iLoveYouu

Forum Veteran
Oct 18, 2015
It would be nice to have something for you guys to see that we acknowledge the suggestions, we can't really go around saying if something will get implemented or not though. The moderators don't have the final say on things, we can only forward it. Sometimes there isn't enough time to add more things, sometimes there were already other plans etc, but we do try to take the good suggestions from the community.

D

Deleted member 169486

Another issue is constantly creating more and more threads for something (ie Emerald gens, speed eggwars) and we have no clue if they're coming or not. If they had maybe just a "holding for review" folder they put them in, that would help, with both making sure good suggestions get in and decreasing spam.

It would be nice to have something for you guys to see that we acknowledge the suggestions, we can't really go around saying if something will get implemented or not though. The moderators don't have the final say on things, we can only forward it. Sometimes there isn't enough time to add more things, sometimes there were already other plans etc, but we do try to take the good suggestions from the community.

Maybe just forward it to the admins and they can mark it? It can't take them that long to save the file and read it at another point?

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco
Well bumping has reasons
Tagging too
On the chance it needs more attention than do it
I find that is a simple system which is easier than these
Also partially because I am not sure what they are

MagnificentSpam

Forum Expert
Mar 16, 2016
Well bumping has reasons
Tagging too
But I don't know if it needs more attention. I don't want to tag all the admins every time I post, they'd either ignore that or it'd create more work for them than replying to every suggestion thread. If I make a suggestion, of course I want feedback on it. I don't like bumping a thread without any new content just so it doesn't expire. Everyone gets a notification for absolutely nothing, that's way worse than necroposting with actual new content.

MimicPanda

Dedicated Member
Mar 23, 2016
Under the sea
www.cubecraft.net
Well bumping has reasons
Tagging too
I find that is a simple system which is easier than these
Also partially because I am not sure what they are
If I read this correct,after a suggestion gets a ton of community support the content developers just make a separate forum section for accepted suggestions.

MagnificentSpam

Forum Expert
Mar 16, 2016
If I read this correct,after a suggestion gets a ton of community support the content developers just make a separate forum section for accepted suggestions.
Not necessarily accepted, just some kind of feedback showing that someone responsible for that decision saw it and considered it. They can say something is possible to get implemented in the future without promising anything.
Doesn't that intail well talking about future updates?
Yes. That's what suggestions are all about.

Reactions: MimicPanda

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco
Not necessarily accepted, just some kind of feedback showing that someone responsible for that decision saw it and considered it. They can say something is possible to get implemented in the future without promising anything.

Yes. That's what suggestions are all about.
If only you could see it for your suggestions no one else than maybe okay

MagnificentSpam

Forum Expert
Mar 16, 2016
If only you could see it for your suggestions no one else than maybe okay
Why? I'd like to see it for other suggestions as well. The only downside I can see of this is the amount of work to do. As long as it is made clear that no thread is accepted, but only considered, I don't see why it should be a secret.

AFreakingCookie (Hank)

Dedicated Member
Apr 3, 2016
Yea, It would be pretty cool and nice to know if they ideas of us players are even noticed by the staff and even have a possible chance of being implemented! :D

Buuuddy

Forum Expert
Mar 31, 2016
Me likey likey.

Since around mid-June, three channels were added to staff's communication platform. These three channels are split into three types of suggestions; games, websites and moderation -- whatever that last one may represent. All staff are able and allowed to share community suggestions and their own into the appropriate channel, where all other staff will give their opinion on it. however this may use a major improvement in my honest opinion. The channels are quite messy and I can imagine it being hard for the developers to collect all the suggestions for their assigned game mode, which is why I would love to see the current system being replaced by what you are suggesting.
Tag suggestion threads as "likely", "possible", "unlikely", "impossible".
There currently is a feature on the forums that allow us to assign prefixes and suffixes to threads. News updates used to have a 'news' prefix, but that stopped since about one year ago. (https://www.cubecraft.net/forums/news/page-5) It would be amazing if the prefixes would be reimplemented.

I'll be sharing this along with a few of my own ideas and tweaks in our super fancy suggestion channel. :rolleyes:

Deeds

Forum Veteran
Oct 2, 2016
Texas, US
Really like this!
I've seen some amazing suggestions, and it would be awesome to know if they were going to get added or not.
*cough* @Snap *cough*

Members Online

Members online

Latest profile posts

UncleSpect wrote on xSchulzis's profile.
Hiiii xSchulzis! :D
UncleSpect wrote on Roxlad's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎈
UncleSpect wrote on WolfX's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎈
UncleSpect wrote on Ferrcho's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎈
Heya, after a good while years having not appreciated sleep a lot, have I learned things. I have most of the times seen it as a hindrance to things such as relations and projects. But after years I realised that you need to sleep to be well. Both physically and mentally. When I also realized that I could work better and more efficiently, did I try to get more sleep. That reminds me, I need to sleep now hah XD
Top Bottom