Votes: 5 55.6%
  • No

Votes: 4 44.4%

• Total voters

TeamTMS

Jul 26, 2019
New Zealand
Hi there,
I've been thinking of ways to advertise store products onto the forums more. I personally don't think having a store button all the way at the bottom of the navigation bar isn't doing CubeCraft a lot of favours. Here's an idea I've been thinking of:

In the top right side of the page (next to the "Play.CubeCraft.Net" button), there could be a mini advertisement saying "Featured: [Rank]". Every time the page loads/reloads, it would be randomised which of the 6 purchasable ranks would appear as the featured rank. This advertisement would remain on all forum sites; not just Home.
When this advertisement is clicked, a menu would appear giving a mini summary of what is inside the featured rank (Example down below), and of course a "Show more" button, which leads to the Rank Shop.

I think this would be a great addition for CubeCraft, because like I mentioned, there are currently no relations with the Forums and the Store, which may be a reason some players don't notice the store when they go to the forums. Having a minimalistic (yet eye-catching) "button" showing a rank also makes it seem more "top secret" that not a lot of people know about, which may convince more people to buy a rank.

Example:
Add a heading (3).png

Example (Menu collapsed):
Add a heading (5).png

Fesa

Quality Assurance
Team CubeCraft
🧪 Quality Assurance
💌 Customer Support
Oct 17, 2016
Yoitsu
Pronouns
She/Her
Just a few questions,
• Would it be player specific? I already have an diamond rank so showing me to buy an Iron rank doesn’t do a thing.
• Can it be disabled? I have a diamond rank, I looked at the perks of all the ranks for 3-4 days. This rank had all I need. And I won’t be buying a new rank soon. Can I disable it since I won’t do anything with and I think It might get annoying after time.
• What about Bedrock players? They are not going to buy a Java rank And vice versa, the bedrock purchases are made in Minecraft itself.

These questions sum up my concerns about this idea. My biggest one is, I really don’t want an offer to buy something on the forums, really not if it changes every time I refresh/change the page. I noticed most changes around me so this would be a nightmare. On top, I think most players that are on the forums know where to buy a rank. Most if not all threads have a rank responding. Plus is really obvious that ranks have perks in game.
I hope you understand why I voted no
~Fesa

TeamTMS

Jul 26, 2019
New Zealand
Just a few questions,
• Would it be player specific? I already have an diamond rank so showing me to buy an Iron rank doesn’t do a thing.
• Can it be disabled? I have a diamond rank, I looked at the perks of all the ranks for 3-4 days. This rank had all I need. And I won’t be buying a new rank soon. Can I disable it since I won’t do anything with and I think It might get annoying after time.
• What about Bedrock players? They are not going to buy a Java rank And vice versa, the bedrock purchases are made in Minecraft itself.

These questions sum up my concerns about this idea. My biggest one is, I really don’t want an offer to buy something on the forums, really not if it changes every time I refresh/change the page. I noticed most changes around me so this would be a nightmare. On top, I think most players that are on the forums know where to buy a rank. Most if not all threads have a rank responding. Plus is really obvious that ranks have perks in game.
I hope you understand why I voted no
~Fesa

Hi there,
I actually didn't think about it being player specific, so that could be a great thing to add. So for example for someone like yourself who has the diamond rank, only other ranks that are higher than that rank will appear. I don't think a setting to disable the advertisement would be very useful. After all, it is only a button, so it would be like disabling the Store button. However, if you were to have the Obsidian rank, there would then be no button. And for Bedrock players (like myself) joining the forums, as we know most of the percentage of users on the CubeCraft Forums are Java players. And you cannot buy Bedrock items from the website, so if a Bedrock player was to view a purchasable item from the forums, they could potentially lose interest in buying it by the time they get onto the server again. I think being able to view the store items from in-game is enough for Bedrock players.

I can totally understand why you don't want to be advertised a store product on a forum, that was my main concern too. However, there are more integrations coming into the forums, such as Bedrock account linking, Discord account linking, and a lot more. Therefore I think it would make a lot of sense if CubeCraft somewhat linked the Store with the Forums. The forums would still remain as the forums, just with an extra advertisement that takes you to the store. Sure, a lot of players do come to the website to look at the store, but a lot of players also just come to look at the newsfeed, forums, etc. And with an advertisement there 24/7, it may catch their attention and they will potentially buy it, without them purposefully going to the store to look at ranks, which could do CubeCraft a lot of favours.

Thanks for your opinion anyways, let's see what Management says. :)

Hazard

Forum Extraordinaire
May 5, 2020
Liverpool, Merseyside
I'd have to disagree about this. As a Bedrock user, this would be pointless and rather cover-up the page for a bedrock user who might be on a mobile device. The better chance to fix this would be not to target Bedrock users, or promote Bedrock content to them. Since there is no current way to detect Bedrock users without collecting personal data, I am pretty sure this wouldn't be the best of solutions. What also needs to be thought of s those who may also be on smaller devices. The website has to be manageable for mostly all devices that have an internet connection, including mobile phones and game consoles.

This button or 'feature' would just add another useless button on someone's screen if they Can't afford or don't have interest in purchasing a Java rank, and I know how annoying it can be clicking on a random button while a page loads up, believe me, especially on older devices. Don't forget, not everyone is going to have a device that can load up webpages as fast as a supercomputer or PC. While I have a Samsung Galaxy S10, I don't have to worry about this, but I am thinking about other members of the bedrock community.

Edit:
As well as this, if they were to advertise Bedrock content, they would require information on purchases that the forum user may have purchased which would also require having to get in touch with Microsoft, since Microsoft owns the Minecraft Marketplace. Some users might not agree to their data being used in this way, and if used without their consent breaches the Data Protection Act of 2018.

More info: https://www.gov.uk/data-protection
https://privacy.microsoft.com/en-gb/privacystatement

Last edited:
Reactions: Axyy and TeamTMS
Members Online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Eli wrote on SlinkyGnu05604's profile.
Happy Birthday!!!
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Alexp192's profile.
You are cool Alex!:D
Apparently three years, so time for cake 🍰
1715552101512.png
Elenahh wrote on Livvv's profile.
Better!
Kazwa wrote on LoveAndMafia's profile.
happy birthday!
Top Bottom