Results are only viewable after voting.

ShinyArrow

Forum Expert
Aug 31, 2019
The Netherlands
Pronouns
He/Him
D50C68C2-CA00-425D-B5F0-1C94FE150B01.jpeg

Hi! Recently I’ve seen multiple people working together on a suggestion, competition or another thread. Right now it isn’t possible to work together on a thread and post it together, you can only create a thread alone. I suggest to make it possible to work together with someone else on a thread.

Why should this be a feature?
As I already mentioned it isn’t possible to work with someone else together on a thread. You have to make a document or something else if you want to make something together. Only one of all the people who have worked on the thread will receive their ‘credits’. Because only one will post the thread. Of course you can tag the people with who you worked on the thread, but they don’t receive any likes or other ‘credits’. If you can post a thread together, everyone get their deserved credits.

How will it work?
After you’ve clicked on ‘Post Thread’ you’ll get a setting on the top of the thread with the question: ‘Do you want co-owners?’ or something related to that. You can choose with who you want to work together on the thread. The one you invited to work with, will receive a notification where they can accept or deny your invite. Since you’re working together on the thread, you can save the thread and edit it later before posting it. When the thread has been posted, all co-owners will receive likes and alerts from the thread and can edit the thread.
A44A1D92-E00D-44B9-A58D-4C3641A8DB6B.jpeg

Let me know what you think about it!

~ ShinyArrow

ParkourCanadian

Novice Member
Sep 17, 2020
The United Nations of Planet Canada
Hi! While this is an idea I support, this is (afaik) not a thing as XenForo simply doesn't support this. :(
Very confusing message...

My response: disagree Here's why:
While this could be a neat implementation, I just don't see many pros that could outweigh the cons...
I can see this example you inserted to be a very easy way to flood a comments section with unwanted/unneeded spam. I can see how this may be useful, but the uses of it are far too miniscule to outweigh the cons. I don't see a need for there to be multiple owners to a post. It can get messy and players can fight over who has "rights" to change a post. If the two co-owners disagree, there is no way to settle it. Furthermore, if there are going to be more than one owner to a post, not only would the messages become messy and complicated, but the feature may lead people away from the owner's point. I don't see very many pros to support this feature, and I can see many cons to the possible addition of this feature.
Essentially, I can see this being easily one of the messiest features on the forums, as well as unneeded, misleading, difficult to organize, and just overall way too complicated.
Others might disagree with me here, and that is alright, what point is there to a public suggestion forums if the original poster doesn't get feedback?
Anyways, I hope you take my feedback, as well as the responses of others into account with your next suggestion! Goodbye and good luck!
Additionally, this is a duplicate post. Another post first created on July 6th, 2020 can be found here: Web - Creating a post with multiple owners? | CubeCraft Games

ParkourCanadian

Novice Member
Sep 17, 2020
Hi! While this is an idea I support, this is (afaik) not a thing as XenForo simply doesn't support this. :(
Very confusing message...

My response: disagree Here's why:
While this could be a neat implementation, I just don't see many pros that could outweigh the cons...
I can see this example you inserted to be a very easy way to flood a comments section with unwanted/unneeded spam. I can see how this may be useful, but the uses of it are far too miniscule to outweigh the cons

ShinyArrow

Forum Expert
Aug 31, 2019
The Netherlands
Pronouns
He/Him
I can see this example you inserted to be a very easy way to flood a comments section with unwanted/unneeded spam.
I don’t think I understand why the comment will be spammed if the thread will have the icons of all the owners? At the left you can see both icons of the owners of the thread as an example, but why would this lead to spam?
If the two co-owners disagree, there is no way to settle it.
I understand where you’re coming from, but I don’t think this will be a huge problem. If you’re making a thread together with someone right now, you’ve to discuss about it aswel. This will not chance if this suggestion gets implemented. But a feature that could prevent having one of the owner strongly disagree with the thread that has been posted, can be:
- All owners have to vote if they would like to post the thread or not. If one of the owners don’t want the thread to be posted with their name on it, they can vote no.
Essentially, I can see this being easily one of the messiest features on the forums, as well as unneeded, misleading, difficult to organize, and just overall way too complicated.
I disagree with this con aswel, because I don’t think it’ll look messy. The difference between a thread with multiple owners and a thread with 1 owner, will be the icons at the left of the thread. I think adding this will make the organising part easier, since you don’t have to discuss who will post the thread and you don’t have to make a document before posting the thread.

But since XenForo probably doesn’t support this, it couldn’t be implemented.

Mqxti

Novice Member
Oct 13, 2020
Jupiter 🌌
www.youtube.com
For this to be possible Cube would need their own custom-coded forums software which is very unnecessary considering Xenforo is so good.

Its a great idea though! If your really passionate about having this implemented there is one thing you could possibly try? You could suggest this idea to the Xenforo developers here , if it does end up getting implemented Cube could then update Xenforo to its latest version with your co-owners feature added!
(I'm not sure if the Xenforo developers are still active, or if Cube updates Xenforo due to corruption/data-loss risks. But it is the only chance this suggestion has at getting implemented here on the Cube forums.)
Love the idea!

ShinyArrow

Forum Expert
Aug 31, 2019
The Netherlands
Pronouns
He/Him
For this to be possible Cube would need their own custom-coded forums software which is very unnecessary considering Xenforo is so good.

Its a great idea though! If your really passionate about having this implemented there is one thing you could possibly try? You could suggest this idea to the Xenforo developers here , if it does end up getting implemented Cube could then update Xenforo to its latest version with your co-owners feature added!
(I'm not sure if the Xenforo developers are still active, or if Cube updates Xenforo due to corruption/data-loss risks. But it is the only chance this suggestion has at getting implemented here on the Cube forums.)
Love the idea!
Thank you! It seems like the staff-team is still active, since there have been someone promoted recently. So I’ve suggested it on the site.

ParkourCanadian

Novice Member
Sep 17, 2020
I don’t think I understand why the comment will be spammed if the thread will have the icons of all the owners? At the left you can see both icons of the owners of the thread as an example, but why would this lead to spam?

I understand where you’re coming from, but I don’t think this will be a huge problem. If you’re making a thread together with someone right now, you’ve to discuss about it aswel. This will not chance if this suggestion gets implemented. But a feature that could prevent having one of the owner strongly disagree with the thread that has been posted, can be:
- All owners have to vote if they would like to post the thread or not. If one of the owners don’t want the thread to be posted with their name on it, they can vote no.

I disagree with this con aswel, because I don’t think it’ll look messy. The difference between a thread with multiple owners and a thread with 1 owner, will be the icons at the left of the thread. I think adding this will make the organising part easier, since you don’t have to discuss who will post the thread and you don’t have to make a document before posting the thread.

But since XenForo probably doesn’t support this, it couldn’t be implemented.
1. Ah, I misunderstood here. I thought each division was a previous message being quoted in the post XD. Sorry for the confusion, I thought these were other players quoting posts instead of divisions!

2. I'm not sure if this makes sense to me.

3. Fair enough... But you still understand my point. Having multiple owners can have twice, if not more people making a new message instead of editing their original post when they forget to include something. I can see multiple ways around this, but there are still often going to be players that won't see these ways around it. I see your response, and it seems to make just as much as mine! :D

Loved debating with ya! ;)

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

I gave bedrock a try and it's more fun than I imagined, just the building is a tad difficult for me lol
i dont think this is right
IMG_8801.jpeg
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Xi1m's profile.
Heya my friend how are you doing today?:D
𝑷𝑹𝑶 𝑾𝑰𝑵𝑵𝑨𝑨𝑹 wrote on L1kii's profile.
👀
qKhalidd wrote on ignsinf's profile.
Hi
Top Bottom